Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rant about Ron Artest

  1. #1
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: If the Pacers want to trade Ron, this next year is a good time for them to try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible, terrible logic once again. So here's a nice statistic for you -

    Number of teams who have won an NBA Championship without Ron Artest: 58
    Number of teams that have won an NBA world championship WITH Ron Artest: ZERO
    Number of teams that have won ANY championship whatsoever (Highschool, college, little league) with Ron Artest: ZERO

    There are a slew of teams in the NBA that have a shot at the title this year and none of them have Ron Artest.

    Primary reason why our season is so fouled up: Ron Artest

    Two of the last 3 seasons have gone completely out of control - and Ron was at the center of the storm both times. And I'm not even counting last year, when he couldn't even handle the pressure of playing in the ECFs. I don't see how he guarantees a championship, when he can't even guarantee showing up for the plane on time.

    But still, you insist that Ron Artest is the key? The key to what? Failure? Turmoil? Smashed cameras? Attacking the wrong fan? Fighting with your own teammates? Saying a bunch of crap about taking time off when the season just started? He's the key all right. The key to the disillusionment of an entire nation of Pacers fans. AGAIN.

    If we can't win a championship without Ron Artest, what will we do when he retires? Give up? Fold the franchise? PUH-leeze!

    STILL, he's the key?! WHY?! Because he's talented? Yeah, he's got basketball skills. But with his defensive and offensive talents also comes a VERY special talent: he can destroy an entire season with ONE bad decision. He stays on the table, we control our future. He gets up, he takes our destiny and puts it in the hands of the NBA administration.

    We were just 9 games into a season with as good a shot as ever for the ring, and we were already saying "wait till next year." And Ron Artest was right there, in the middle of it.
    Don't bother. He'll ignore everything other than maybe one to three points you made that he'll reply with something loosely translated as "But Ron's so good and it was all the fans' fault anyway (insert insult about them or the city here)". You'll get little else.

  2. #2
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: If the Pacers want to trade Ron, this next year is a good time for them to try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't bother. He'll ignore everything other than maybe one to three points you made that he'll reply with something loosely translated as "But Ron's so good and it was all the fans' fault anyway (insert insult abou them or the city here)". You'll get little else.
    I know, I know...

    I haven't been in the best of moods, and couldn't help but take the bait.

  3. #3
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Rant about Ron Artest

    I wrote this elsewhere, then deleted it. I still want it out in the world, so I'm posting it here. (Background: a very familiar someone claimed Ron Artest is the key to a championship, this was my reply.)

    * * * * * * * * * * * * *

    Terrible, terrible logic once again. So here's a nice statistic for you -

    Number of teams who have won an NBA Championship without Ron Artest: 58
    Number of teams that have won an NBA world championship WITH Ron Artest: ZERO
    Number of teams that have won ANY championship whatsoever (Highschool, college, little league) with Ron Artest: ZERO

    There are a slew of teams in the NBA that have a shot at the title this year and none of them have Ron Artest.

    Primary reason why our season is so fouled up: Ron Artest

    Two of the last 3 seasons have gone completely out of control - and Ron was at the center of the storm both times. And I'm not even counting last year, when he couldn't even handle the pressure of playing in the ECFs. I don't see how he guarantees a championship, when he can't even guarantee showing up for the plane on time.

    But still, you insist that Ron Artest is the key? The key to what? Failure? Turmoil? Smashed cameras? Attacking the wrong fan? Fighting with your own teammates? Saying a bunch of crap about taking time off when the season just started? He's the key all right. The key to the disillusionment of an entire nation of Pacers fans. AGAIN.

    If we can't win a championship without Ron Artest, what will we do when he retires? Give up? Fold the franchise? PUH-leeze!

    STILL, he's the key?! WHY?! Because he's talented? Yeah, he's got basketball skills. But with his defensive and offensive talents also comes a VERY special talent: he can destroy an entire season with ONE bad decision. He stays on the table, we control our future. He gets up, he takes our destiny and puts it in the hands of the NBA administration.

    We were just 9 games into a season with as good a shot as ever for the ring, and we were already saying "wait till next year." And Ron Artest was right there, in the middle of it.

  4. #4
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    I split my replies to your post where it originally was, from that thread, then merged them with this new one. But since they were posted first, they now show above yours.

  5. #5
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: If the Pacers want to trade Ron, this next year is a good time for them to try.

    *I edited it above so it makes sense - Hicks*

  6. #6
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    The number of championships Pacers have won in the NBA: 0

    It is very difficult to win an NBA Title and those stats really do not mean much, especially since Ron had elevated his game this season and was playing like an MVP. Ron Artest is the difference maker, and we Pacer fans love and support him and I can't wait to see him in a Pacer uniform next year.

  7. #7
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    funny he says rons nothing and...we can do a lot without him...but...then says he's capable of destroying a season. How so? We got jack and JO back and were still 500. and guess what? WE ARE STILL 500.! So ron must do something to this team eh?

    *immature name-calling removed*

  8. #8
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I always love your posts about RA Sassan.

    Not taking a cheap shot at you, but I really do love your attitude and the enthusiasm you show towards the team....
    Thanks Just remember how young of a team we have and R.A. is still a pretty young NBA Player. Ron Artest is also very underpaid. Ron Artest may not have won a championship yet but we have seen what kind of season we have had without Ron and all our players have said we need Ron Artest back. I just can't wait to see Ron Artest playing again and once again, I don't blame Ron for ruining our season. I blame a bunch of Detroit punks.

  9. #9
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    Sassan, you wanted me to point things out, so I'm going to do so now. This 'we pacer fans' stuff you use when addressing anyone (Pacer fan or other) that has something negative to say about Ron or the team comes across as extremely arrogant and insulting to those of us that have some negative things to say about the team, and that can and does rub a lot of people the wrong way. The arrogance is assuming to speak for an entire fanbase, the insult is implying those with negative thoughts or comments AREN'T Pacer fans.

    And about people who find (sometimes a lot) of negative things to say about the Pacers: Sometimes, not always, but sometimes, the more passionate someone cares about something, the more in-detail he or she will see the thing that they care about, and that can sometimes lead to noticing the flaws that at a casual glance might not be seen. If they didn't care about the team, they wouldn't even look close enough at the Pacers to see these negative things to talk about, nor care enough to post about it in the first place.

  10. #10
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sassan, you wanted me to point things out, so I'm going to do so now. This 'we pacer fans' stuff you use when addressing anyone (Pacer fan or other) that has something negative to say about Ron or the team comes across as extremely arrogant and insulting to those of us that have some negative things to say about the team, and that can and does rub a lot of people the wrong way. The arrogance is assuming to speak for an entire fanbase, the insult is implying those with negative thoughts or comments AREN'T Pacer fans.

    And about people who find (sometimes a lot) of negative things to say about the Pacers: Sometimes, not always, but sometimes, the more passionate someone cares about something, the more in-detail he or she will see the thing that they care about, and that can sometimes lead to noticing the flaws that at a casual glance might not be seen. If they didn't care about the team, they wouldn't even look close enough at the Pacers to see these negative things to talk about, nor care enough to post about it in the first place.

    Look Hicks, I don't mind we as Pacer fans disagreeing on some things...people are never the same; but I feel like I should be able to say what I believe in. I am someone who is very supportive of the team and trade talk is ok sometimes....but when it get's to the extreme and becomes truly ridiculus and certain players of ours are being singled out for no absolute reason and Pacer fans throughout the world read this. I want to get my representation out and it has nothing to do with an ego thing. It is about doing what I feel is right and so far it has not taking me to a wrong place at all. For example, why have a thread singling out Ron Artest? I just want for the betterment of this forum and for it to be supportive of the Pacers.

    JACK 1 Baby.

  11. #11
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but when it get's to the extreme and becomes truly ridiculus and certain players of ours are being singled out for no absolute reason
    That's where your problem is because that is simply a false statement. Blatantly false.

    I just want for the betterment of this forum and for it to be supportive of the Pacers.
    Everyone here wants for the betterment of this forum. But you don't get to pick if it's postive, negative, or a mix. That is determined by the collection of active posters on PD, and you can't and won't change that.

  12. #12
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible, terrible logic once again. So here's a nice statistic for you -

    Number of teams who have won an NBA Championship without Ron Artest: 58
    Number of teams that have won an NBA world championship WITH Ron Artest: ZERO
    Number of teams that have won ANY championship whatsoever (Highschool, college, little league) with Ron Artest: ZERO

    There are a slew of teams in the NBA that have a shot at the title this year and none of them have Ron Artest.

    Primary reason why our season is so fouled up: Ron Artest

    Two of the last 3 seasons have gone completely out of control - and Ron was at the center of the storm both times. And I'm not even counting last year, when he couldn't even handle the pressure of playing in the ECFs. I don't see how he guarantees a championship, when he can't even guarantee showing up for the plane on time.

    But still, you insist that Ron Artest is the key? The key to what? Failure? Turmoil? Smashed cameras? Attacking the wrong fan? Fighting with your own teammates? Saying a bunch of crap about taking time off when the season just started? He's the key all right. The key to the disillusionment of an entire nation of Pacers fans. AGAIN.

    If we can't win a championship without Ron Artest, what will we do when he retires? Give up? Fold the franchise? PUH-leeze!

    STILL, he's the key?! WHY?! Because he's talented? Yeah, he's got basketball skills. But with his defensive and offensive talents also comes a VERY special talent: he can destroy an entire season with ONE bad decision. He stays on the table, we control our future. He gets up, he takes our destiny and puts it in the hands of the NBA administration.

    We were just 9 games into a season with as good a shot as ever for the ring, and we were already saying "wait till next year." And Ron Artest was right there, in the middle of it.
    Well put, LA, and my sentiments exactly. Let me add one thing, however. You say, "He stays on the table, we control our future." I just had this conversation with someone yesterday. He should have never been on the table in the first place. He was being a clown and inviting trouble by doing that. Aside from Ben Wallace's over-reaction to Ron's garden-variety foul and the refs' ineptness at controlling Ben and allowing him to escalate the situation, Ron laying down on the table and folding his hands behind his head was just another example of the kind of buffoonery you would only expect from Ron. If he was really trying to show restraint, as some people say, he would have simply went back to the bench.

  13. #13
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Rant about Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The number of championships Pacers have won in the NBA: 0

    It is very difficult to win an NBA Title and those stats really do not mean much, especially since Ron had elevated his game this season and was playing like an MVP. Ron Artest is the difference maker, and we Pacer fans love and support him and I can't wait to see him in a Pacer uniform next year.
    You were so on-the-level and easy going on the phone when I bought your extra tickets. Why can't you post that way? I even gave you props on the board, and you were re-instated soon after. (I'm not saying they were related events, just saying that's why you might not have read it.)

    This is "the shout box" - so I'm going to lay it down and abandon my tolerance and restraint for this. But Sassan - YOU JUST CROSSED A LINE WITH ME. I AM a pacers fan - I was a Pacers Fan before Reggie Miller himself even put on the uniform. Don't you DARE suggest I'm not. It's insulting and just shows your own ignorance.

    NEWS FLASH - I am a pacers fan, and I don't agree with you. Somehow you think that's an impossible combination. You may be one of the most fanatic Pacers fans in the world, but you are not even close to understanding what other Pacers fans think. The fact that many people on the board want you out of their lives FOR GOOD is enough proof of that. Why do you keep coming here, anyway? No one likes to read your repetitive, arrogant, argumentative nonsense. If I were repeatedly banned, deleted, asked to cool off and/or asked to leave, I think I would eventually get the hint and find someplace else to go.

    If you want to talk about MEANINGLESS statistics, why don't you bring up your moronic poll for the 468th time, as if it proves something. You know the one - option A was adoration for artest and option B was "Ron Artest is a thug rapper." I actually thought you were joking when I first saw it. I laughed at how funny it was. Then I laughed harder - AT you, not with you, when you started pointing to the "results" as proof that people agree with you. We'll talk about meaningless then.

    I don't agree with you about Ron Artest - except for this: I agree Ron Artest is a difference maker. He is a BIG difference maker. Let's see if you have enough between your ears to figure out what the BIGGEST difference he makes is, especially when he - ONCE AGAIN - isnt' even on the court. MVP, all right. MVP of the I'm-At-Home-Playing-PlayStation-While-My-Teammates-Go-On-The-Road-Short-Handed League.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •