Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colts willing to trade Edge...

RA231

Default Re: Colts willing to trade Edge...

I didnt want James back next year, and I guess I will get my wish. But I thought we would at least get a first for him.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, this means that we will trade him for basically nothing? We better get a decent defensive player for him..... But, I doubt it
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Just make him play for the franchise tag money
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't "make" anyone play under the franchise tag.

We'd be better off getting something for him than dealing with that headache all year.
    Yeah, I agree. But, the question is is who could we get? I would like to get a defensive player from Miami but that won't happen.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

This sucks....I would at least want a first rounder. I just hope we can sign him long term, though it looks as though it isn't going to happen. Well, Colts are going to suck this year...how depressing.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, and its not like the Colts have anyone to "go Artest" on them and sabotage the season this early.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The draft is weak this year - try and get a player
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Your starting RB next year will be Michael Bennet, just watch.

Chambizzle

Edge to Bucs for Ronde Barber

WEEEE!

Now, on Indystar there is an article titled "Colts seeking trade for Edge" looks like now its only a matter of time before we read the headline "Colts trade RB Edgerrin James for *Insert crappy player here* .
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

I have heard of a deal with Arizona, on ESPN and IS......
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

ImReppinBtown

Stupid Stupid Stupid! The best trio of offensive players in the NFL is about to break up. Edge is retarded for wanting to leave what he has now. But whatever, I think Rhodes will do decent. Not as good as Edgerrin would have done. But he will do fine. 1,100 some odd yards his rookie season and he was undrafted.

But it isn't like the Colts are wanting a long term contract. Seems as though the team doesn't want him at all.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

What I'm trying to figure out is why we don't want him longterm? Why only one year? I mean next year he is oging to be unrestricted, and won't get anything for him, including a longterm deal.

Those legs are still good though. I mean he's got to have a good 5-6 left?

Polian doesn't pay overworked running backs in their mid-20's (and this one already has 6 years in the league, putting him historically on the backside of his career) who don't want to play in the city they're currently in, for better or for worse.
    I guess. Though it does upset me that they can settle for less than a first rounder. Can't they just let him sign with another team and get 2 firsts out of it?

Yeah, we are basically going to trade him for *****.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

The last word: "I've been super consistent, and then they ask me to block, too. I mean, I've got to help protect the god of the NFL. You trust me to do that? You put all this money in your quarterback, and run six-man protections, and you trust me to protect your quarterback? I must be all right. You put me on a defensive end and you've got Peyton Manning sitting right here? C'mon. Let's be for real. You gave him $34 million. You're going to put [someone] back there who don't deserve no money to protect him?" Edgerrin James, explaining his contract demands.

I wonder how all the other players feel about Mrs.Manning

Did you actually read the whole article that quote came from? Edge likes Manning. And vice versa.

"Mrs. Manning"? At least Manning can play through a hangnail. And wins MVP for his play on the field, not his valiant struggle with a broken toenail in the locker room...

I wouldn't recommend coming to the Colts forum and flaming Colts players like a 12 year old.
    I agree. That post was very unlike you, Jermaniac. I try to respect the Titans, you should probably do the same with the Colts.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Did you actually read the whole article that quote came from? Edge likes Manning. And vice versa.

"Mrs. Manning"? At least Manning can play through a hangnail. And wins MVP for his play on the field, not his valiant struggle with a broken toenail in the locker room...

I wouldn't recommend coming to the Colts forum and flaming Colts players like a 12 year old.
    He can win 20 MVP's for all I care lets see if he can get to the Super Bowl. You are a few years away from cap hell also so Manning better get working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    He can win 20 MVP's for all I care lets see if he can get to the Super Bowl. You are a few years away from cap hell also so Manning better get working on that.
    I really don't understand our cap situation. But, I have heard that Manning's contract is cap friendly. And also, Marvin just re-structured his contract to free up more cash, just a few weeks ago.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

When you restructure a deal that just pushes money to the future, and that is the same way the Titans got in cap hell. We kept restructuring deals every year and just building up bonus money and adding years to contracts it bit us in the *** and we had to cut a core of very good players this year

How would you guys feel about Barlow and a 2nd-3rd round draft pick for edge?

From the Sacramento Bee:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports...13405219c.html

----------------------------

49ers to gain 'The Edge'?
    San Francisco could be a new home for Edgerrin James.
    By Matthew Barrows -- Bee Staff Writer
    Published 2:15 am PST Saturday, March 12, 2005
    SANTA CLARA - Running back Edgerrin James wants out of Indianapolis and is eyeing San Francisco as a possible new home, according to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Rosenhaus, appearing on ESPN Radio's Dan Patrick Show on Friday afternoon, said James was interested in being traded to four teams: the 49ers, Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Colts recently made James their franchise player, but have been unable to sign the running back to a long-term deal. Earlier this week, Rosenhaus tried to stir up interest in his client when he announced Indianapolis was not necessarily looking for a first-round draft pick - the normal compensation for a franchise player - in return for James.

The 49ers presumably have been targeted because they have 11 picks in the upcoming draft and may be willing to deal some in return for the running back.

A 49ers spokesman Friday said Rosenhaus has not contacted the team about a possible trade. And Tuesday, coach Mike Nolan put his support behind tailback Kevan Barlow.

"Kevan is our back," Nolan said. "He has to perform. He has to perform at a better level than he did last year, and it's our anticipation he'll ... do that."

After rushing for more than 1,000 yards in a backup capacity in 2003, Barlow, 26, was a disappointment in the lead role last season. He finished with 822 yards, averaged 3.4 yards per carry and briefly lost his starting job to undrafted free agent Maurice Hicks.

Barlow also is due a $6.5 million bonus Tuesday, something the 49ers could avoid paying if they traded him.

James rushed for 1,548 yards and nine touchdowns last season and was named to his third Pro Bowl team. The former University of Miami product twice led the league in rushing and is only a few months older than Barlow.

However, he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in 2001 and may be too pricey for the 49ers. Rosenhaus said his client was looking for a deal similar to the one Clinton Portis, another Rosenhaus client, signed a year ago - seven years for $51 million.

The 49ers, meanwhile, are believed to be a little more than $4 million under the salary cap after making Julian Peterson their franchise player and signing free-agent tackle Jonas Jennings to a seven-year, $36 million contract last week.

I want a 1st rounder, damnit! (I know we won't get one)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions