View Poll Results: When O'Neal returns, who should start at center?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeff Foster

16 43.24%
  • Dale Davis

16 43.24%
  • One of the others, but I know they won't so I'll go with Jeff Foster

3 8.11%
  • One of the others, but I know they won't so I'll go with Dale Davis

2 5.41%

Thread: Starting at C

Default Starting at C

Even after only two games it seems clear to me Dale is our best bigman right now. I think he would compliment JO well and should start the rest of the season.

Default Re: Starting at C

Foster. I think he is the best big man on this team, and he compliments JO well.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

What does Jeff do that Dale doesn't, aside from jump? (which really, since his back problems he doesn't). To me their offensive games are equal (non existant) and Dale is tougher and more experienced at rebounding and defense.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does Jeff do that Dale doesn't, aside from jump? (which really, since his back problems he doesn't). To me their offensive games are equal (non existant) and Dale is tougher and more experienced at rebounding and defense.
    I just think Dale Davis can bring muscle to our bench making our bench stronger. I love Harrison but he really does not know how to handle the ball to well and he needs to develop better skills in the offseason. I wouldn't mind Dale Davis and J.O. getting the crunch minutes together down the stretch though.

Let the Big Kid play
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I'd start Davis for the sole reason he seems to play with a bigger chip on his shoulder than Foster.

I'd rather have the enforcer out there to set the tone at the start of the game. Bring Foster off the bench to crash the boards against the other teams second unit.

I'm a big fan of Harrison but I think he will see limited minutes from here on out. Harrison will learn more in practice than he will learn in game action over the next 6 weeks away.

I don't know, I would not have any problem if either Jeff or Dale started. As long as Cro, Pollard or DH don't start, I can live with it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jeff
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Dale should. This is by no means a knock to the Fiesty One, I love the Fiesty One. But, I think that Dale can bring a bit better D than Jeff can bring. And I think we all want to see #7 and #32 starting together.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

_PD_

I don't know why we never do this. Perhaps it has something to do with the Iverson "I'm a starter" mentality. Put DD in the game with JO to provide toughness and rebounding without taking away from JO's scoring. Then when the subs come in, bring in Jeff with his 10ppg and let him be a legit scoring threat inside. We get more D against their starters and more scoring against their subs.