Thread: The NBA.com Power Rankings suck!!!

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The NBA.com Power Rankings suck!!!

http://www.nba.com/features/rankings_index.html

They slide the Pacers down two spots cause of Artest's injury although they were 2-0 this week??? ed: How many .500 or better teams have the Nets played during the streak? Let me find out... 4 out of 12 or 33%. Two of those vs the Hornets, one vs the Rockets, and one vs the Pistons. The next seven games after tonight will tell who the Nets really are.

Oh well...screw NBA.com
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Default Re: The NBA.com Power Rankings suck!!!

ESPN.com did the same to us...moved us down to fifth in the NBA...ha
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Banned

13 wins in a row is nothing to sneeze at. All 13 wins were against NBA teams, whoever they were. It's not like they played WNBA teams.

I wouldn't get too upset over some meaningless rankings anyway. It just doesn't matter.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

13 wins in a row is nothing to sneeze at. All 13 wins were against NBA teams, whoever they were. It's not like they played WNBA teams.

I wouldn't get too upset over some meaningless rankings anyway. It just doesn't matter.
    I disrespected the streak a little bit, but overall I'm still impressed by what the Nets are doing. The problem is they use the upcoming schedule of the Pacers and the two games they played last week as a negative vs the Pacers but they don't look at that when they talk about the Nets.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

Make that 14 in a row.

You have to expect the "experts" to dump on our chances with Artest out. Heck half of us had to be talked down from the ledge when we heard he was out for the rest of the regular season. Hicks had to pull the gun out of UB's mouth.

So of course now we are 10-0 when one of our top 3 are out of the lineup.

So of course now we are 10-0 when one of our top 3 are out of the lineup.
    Oh, but that isnt something ESPN takes into account

And we are likely going to win again Friday, considering that I don't think this team is going to play NO like it did last week...

And we will still be behind NJ
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's ESPN's job to entertain. Nothing more. They aren't paid to actually analize anything regarding sports. These polls are totally meaningless.
    Speaking of Polls...on NBA.com there is a poll question, "Which team will be the first to 50 wins?"
    Indiana
    Sacramento
    San Antonio
    Minnesota
    Of course, I put in the answer that I thought would be the top, or close to the top...Nah, the Pacers were 3rd with 17%. Sac had the top vote with 39% followed by the T-wolves with 37%. At least they thought we would get there before the Spurs at 7%.

I guess ppl believe the hype that ESPN spews at nausium...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

yeah they believe whatever they see...

hey, when we kick everyone's asses, they will understand that the PACERS are the best team in the NBA

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Me/UncleBuck > NBA/ESPN