Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there anyone who really wants to play us in the first round?

Default is there anyone who really wants to play us in the first round?

you can't tell me Miami isn't cringing at the thought of playing the pacers...can you? or detroit...the whole season just to lose in the first round? What do the pacers have to lose? they know nobody thinks they will win. The season was shot after ron ron went into the stands. So, what do we have to lose? put it all on the floor and see what we can get done. Honestly? I see us in the eastern conf. finals....and I see Detroit and Miami...at home...
    you heard it here first...

XXSASSXX31

Default Re: is there anyone who really wants to play us in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you can't tell me Miami isn't cringing at the thought of playing the pacers...can you? or detroit...the whole season just to lose in the first round? What do the pacers have to lose? they know nobody thinks they will win. The season was shot after ron ron went into the stands. So, what do we have to lose? put it all on the floor and see what we can get done. Honestly? I see us in the eastern conf. finals....and I see Detroit and Miami...at home...
    you heard it here first...
    Without Ron Artest, I can see us beating Detroit in the first round because our heart will lift us over the top because of everything their punk fans and players have disrespected us this season...but without Ron, I just don't know if we're good enough to get past the 2nd round.

Ohhhhh . . . I don't think anyone would have a problem playing us. Even with the players we've had available I think we have underachieved a bit. There have been some pretty good moments but some bad ones too. Right now, I would consider us an average playoff team.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    Ohhhhh . . . I don't think anyone would have a problem playing us. Even with the players we've had available I think we have underachieved a bit. There have been some pretty good moments but some bad ones too. Right now, I would consider us an average playoff team.
    But I do bet teams that look to see who they are seeded against still would rather face a Philly or Orlando than an Indiana who has experience and is a championship team with all our players...and if J.O. and Jamaal get healthy, we can still make a serious run.

ReggieMiller8325

Yeah and theres still a chance we can get artest back in the playoffs if that happends we are going to have to make alot of road victorys.

I bet Detroit and Miami are licking their chops, hoping to play us. And honestly, they have good reason.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

you guys keep thinking that...we own miami...

ReggieMiller8325

We can beat any team in nba because its the nba anything can happend look what happend to us.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Given the choice, I really wouldn't mind playing Indiana. The Pistons are familiar with Indy, and they have a comfort level against them.

But then again, I have the same level of confidence against any team in the NBA. If we lose, we lose, but I feel good about our chances vs. pretty much anyone.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

We can also lose to any team in the NBA....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Given the choice, I really wouldn't mind playing Indiana. The Pistons are familiar with Indy, and they have a comfort level against them.
    Whatever...you KNOW my Rodman can TAKE DOWN your big headed Rip

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

But then again, I have the same level of confidence against any team in the NBA. If we lose, we lose, but I feel good about our chances vs. pretty much anyone.
    LOL look who pops up and makes a post, where did the popcorn go?

The Pistons fear a healthy Pacer team with Ron Artest. We are clearly a better team than them with our roster. Detroit just is not that good of a team and has had a very easy schedule. They continiously lose to the better teams in the league and once again, I would love to play Detroit in the first round because our heart will carry us to victory. Even if we lose in the 2nd round, beating Detroit as Jermaniac said in another thread would be like making the Finals in a season like this.

They may not have an "issue", but they would rather avoid us than to play us because we can beat or be highly competetive against any team in the Eastern Conference in the playoffs even without Ron Artest.

ReggieMiller8325

yeah the celtics would so would the sixers and heat.We have the longest winning streak against a team in the regular season which is the heat its funny.

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    I don't think any of the 7 teams above us in the playoff race would have any issue with getting to play us in the 1st round...
    No, I don't think they would. For good reason

If the playoffs were to start today, with us as an 8th seed and if we had everyone back and healthy and we were to meet Detroit. We lose, period.

I just don't think that we can overcome everything that has happened and I think that it comes back to bite us.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heard that even the Pacers Digest All-star team is licking thier chops at the opportunity to play the Pacers in the first round.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I heard that even the Pacers Digest All-star team is licking thier chops at the opportunity to play the Pacers in the first round.
    Can I be PG??

keep making jokes...they will shock all of you...mark it...

It's marked

Oh good grief!!

I'm bookmarking this thread for a future "I told you so". All in good fun of course.

ReggieMiller8325

we will all see when the pacers win the championship.

Yes we will. It just won't be this year :P

we won't win the title...but neither will detroit or Miami....and I don't think they will win the eastern conf. either...
    watch...

_PD_

Well, let's see, we have Peck starting at power forward, UncleBuck at center, one of the reggies at shooting guard, naw both of 'em should start and Peck'll set picks for both of 'em as they crisscross the baseline, and the FreeArtest guy at small forward.

Did I leave anybody out?