It seems that we'll have to play a bit more regularly a small line-up consisting of West and Scola much more than I thought!
Did they play CJ/Lance/Cope/Scola/Ian as a unit tonight? I see our bench had a huge night, from the box score. I've always felt that line-up is how our guys should make our 2nd unit, with lance at SG and Cope at the 3.
I love everything about Lance's game. We need to lock him up!
I am not gonna lie I was watching the Pistons game more intently. So I am not positive on the groups who played the most minutes together. The camera operators at the Palace know how to do their job so I watched that game on my big screen. The Pacers game was on the smaller TV with the volume muted.
This was a pleasure to observe tonight :).
1. The honeybadger is in action mode!!!
2. The backup of the honeybadger is in full action moder!!!
3. It seemed like Paul George had an easy night...hope in the regular season he will show us his full potential.
4. Great passing tonight from everybody and I mean everybody! Best passer tonight was Lance.
5. This will be Chris Copelands role...coming in for a few minutes and hitting his three ;).
6. It is really pathetic that our third string PG is WAY better than our backup from last year.
7. Solo played a lot with the first unit tonight, which makes me believe that the plan is to start Granger if he is healthy. Solo made a good job, within himself, hitting the open shot.
8. When talking about our third string PG, I have to mention our second PG...it's not even funny how much better CJ Watson is. I love watching him hitting those shots and creating for others.
9. Only negative tonight for me was Hibbert, but since I know that he is saving his best for the playoffs, I am ok with it :D.
10. WE GOT ONE HELL OF A PF TANDEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't need to worry about Cope, cause when those two guys are on like tonight, we won't see him often. Btw. who is Tyler Hansbrough?!
Go Pacers :)
Only got to see the 4th qtr once I found a stream I trust. It looks like our 2nd unit was killing it, but the scrubs came in and held the lead. 23 Point victory.
Copeland can knock down those shots, but man it looks like the Pacers overpaid for him.
Here's how it went:
We started the 4th quarter with a CJ/OJ/Lance/Scola/Ian unit. It worked very nice.
Cope replaced Lance at 4:56 and played at the 3. Sloan replaced CJ and Hilton Armstrong replaced Ian at 3:47. Solo Hill replaced Luis Scola at 2:49 and Cope slid back to the 4. Rasual Butler replaced OJ and Solo slid to the 2.
Our PF combination scored 44 points tonight. Their jumpers were on tonight. Let's hope that they keep it up when the regular season arrives.
By the way Pacers are 2-0 without Danny in preseason.
Yeah, the line-up of CJ/OJ/Lance/Scola/Ian dominated tonight. I was only listening to the game, and not that closely, so I can't say how well individuals played, but as a unit they brought the team back and won the game.
Scola is going to eat backup bigs alive this year. It's going to be awesome.
Couldn't watch the game, but I saw Scola went 10-15 for 20 pts, and Watson had a nice game too. I have hardly watched any pre-season, but Watson seems like he has been a really good pick up so far
It was mentioned at the beginning of the game thread.....but the only way that I can see the highlights of the game was in NBATV Gametime.....and Good God.....the camera angles on this game was horrid. It was like the Cameraman had zoomed waaaay tooo close and was moving the camera too quickly from play to play.