A huge game and a huge win! :dance:
(Courtesy of NBA.com)
A huge game and a huge win! :dance:
(Courtesy of NBA.com)
Central division leaders! Yay
(on division record tiebreak, but still)
Im ok with Hibbert not being an asset on offense everygame. But I am getting sick and tired of him being a liability. Sorry I know we won, but thats my one take away from the game.
Undefeated in February. Wins over the Heat and the Bulls. Beautiful. I predicted a loss tomorrow, but I'll happily eat crow if we win that one.
Still plenty of awful plays by Roy tonight, but a couple of those weren't his fault.
Pacers will not lose to the Hawks Tuesday night.
Very pleased we won. Not that pleased with how we played. The turnovers, decision making, lack of court awareness, making an lame Belinelli look like an offensive juggernaut (even though he was on fire), etc. Glad they didn't have Noah...let along Rose. Still, losing would have stung given those guys out.
I love beating the Bulls.
That is all.
I said it in the game thread, Noah not playing was more beneficial to the Bulls than Hibbert play was to the Pacers. (OMG a hyperbole! don't jump down my throat now) Absolutely infuriating to watch. I love Roy, i've stayed patient, but damn he was awful. Painful to watch that stretch in the fourth.
Beat the league's best road team to extend the league's second best home winning streak (after San An at 18). I'll take it.
Anyone got the Paul George oop?
Damn those Bulls are tough. Without Noah and Rose, and a one foot Beleneli still pushed us to our limit. (Without Granger ofc). Still though, I dont care who they had playing, I'm confident Tom Thib_____ could play Adam Morrison, Scalabrine, Me, Benny the Bull, and Gerald Green for 48 minutes and still put up a hell of a fight. Any win against this team is a good win.
The Paul George pass was better. Just developing into a complete player. It's unbelievable to watch.
Yeah, I'm viewing Atlanta as an important statement game. We are trying to take the step to being a legit contender. Haven't yet sustained the road consistency we need to fully realize that, but we have looked like we've got the the home court dominance down.
Now it's a chance to prove the home strength against an opponent that's given us lots of difficulty. Big game. We need to send them a message. Otherwise, our record says we're a top EC seed, but we've still got a team below us that's absolutely got our number.
All the starters had a complete game bar Hibbert. Very happy with the win. Lance was very good once again. He has become a truly significant part of the team.
Didn't know Bulls has such record (the best) on the road. Thibs has worked miracles there.
1) Danny Granger - blessing in disguise for Paul and Lance. I think it will be for Granger as well. He is able to sit back and watch this team. He will have a good idea that DWEST and Paul George are studs. Lance is not far behind.
Granger is in the later stage of his career. I believe he has three very solid seasons left and were going to get a very good player in Granger returing to the lineup soon.
2) Lance Stephenson is a stud. He is still immature. but its expected for a 22 years young. the sneaky handcheck to draw a foul was entertaining but not necessary. Will be interesting to see how Lance mixes with the second unit. Lance is really getting good chemisty with DWEST. that pass by George Hill was a rocket, not sure what he was so upset about. Good game by Lance. Huge. Bellini is Korver all over again.
3) Hibbert - I am officially concerned. No Noah. This is a game Roy has to dominate. Roy has no offensive game. it is just pathetic. I believe i know the reason why Hibbert is struggling. He knows he is overpaid. He cannot handle the pressure of being a max player. I know this Hibbert will work hard by the end of his contract he will have given us everything. We have to get him a big man coach. we have to do somethign cause Hibbert right now is just awful. a team with no NOAH. and Roy does basically nothing. He is indeed becoming a black hole offensively. Defenisively i love what he gives us but he has flaws. He does not box out well. His IQ is low. I believe it can improve and hope it does. But too many plays. the behind back pass from Lance Stephenson Roy has to block that player out of the lane and GET POSTIION!! it was flipping Nate Robinson. Roy block him away from the rim. Roy is too awkward offensively and doesnt get it yet. im frustrated with Roy and i have every right to be as any pacer fan.
4) Brian Shaw - will this guy be back next year. I believe in Coach Vogel. but I do not want to see Shaw go. I dont see him returning to the Pacers bench next season.
5) MR. WEST - BAMF.
6) Larry Bird - Thank you. at the rate of Lance Stephesons progession ... btw.. anyone who watched on FSI the dunk by Lance he was jacked up in that dudes face... you all know what talking about. Lance is a dawg on the court. I dont know where Bird got the idea to as a part of his core to add a player like Lance .. maybe Bird was hoping for a little bit of Magic
if Plumlee become the next Jeff Foster than Simon better pay Bird the MAX for an Executive of the Year.
Good win. Bulls without Noah, DRose, Hinrich. Granted no Granger but Hibbert has to step up or Vogel may need to bench him for Mahinmi alas DJ, Greene.
* Greene - DNPCD.
Pacers back in at the number 3 spot. The fight for playoff seeding is pretty brutal this year. Brooklyn is playing well. Atlanta is good (pending trades). Obviously Chicago is always good, and soon as they have Rose back they're going to take off. Hopefully the Pacers can hold everyone off.
If we had taken care of the ball we would have won by 15+. They got 14 more possessions than us! I think we maybe took it a little easy on D too. Probably unintentionally, but we sometimes have lets downs on that end when we know we're facing a team that is without some key players.
Roy, Roy, Roy. I love, love, love the D. And I do think he gets hosed on a call or two per game on the offensive end. But he's just been absolutely dreadful on that side of the ball. It's painful to watch and at this point it's been going on so long that there's a lot less hope that it's going to get better. If his wrist really is bothering him a lot (and I hope it is, because otherwise...) I hope it gets the best rest and treatment EVER during the All-Star break. Can we hire the guys in Phoenix for a contract job?
I fear it's mostly mental though. He should consider changing sports psychologists.
To end on a positive note, I really like the way our offense has looked in the last 10 games. 6 games scoring over 100 and one in the upper 90s. We just have to figure out how to play the same level of D as before, or close to it, because we've definitely loosened up there a bit.
By the way I'm not worried about Brian Shaw. Now that he is officially in a real good situation here in Indiana (Head assistant on a contending team for years to come), I think he'll wait and selectively get a good coaching job. We've seen assistants stay on for years after we thought they'd take a coaching job.
From what I understand, Shaw turned down Orlando which was a good move. So, he'll wait for the right job. I think he'll be here for a few years.