Isn't this supposed to be the bright side thread? Hijacking it seems to be rather mean spirited.
the truth is there is no excuse... unfortunately, I don't think we know exactly what the solution is either-- maybe it's coaching but it could just as easily be that Danny is the glue holding it all together when he's healthy. Either way, this group has got to figure out how to get their act together and play some good basketball.
The thread asks for any bright sides us fans could think of. Some of you think there are and some don't. That's just the way it is. Those who don't think there are any bright sides don't mean to hijack the thread. They simply want to let other guys know what they think and how they feel. This is just basketball sure but like players, fans have different levels of intensity for the game. Like me, others are pretty pissed with how the team played thus far and they're pretty vocal about it. I know how they feel because I personally look to this team for inspiration and therapy from my stressful daily grind and seeing them lose to teams that are in deeper **** than us, well, you have no idea how badly I feel. No disrespect to each of you guys. Just a piece of thought from a fan who thinks the sky is falling. ;)
Now on to the bright side cause I think these guys we have on the team are still likable for their different personalities:
1. Season is still early, and they may be able to get out of their funk and be actually cohesive and efficient.
2. There are still great coaches out there available and Brian Shaw is still with us. ;)
I think it's time to dust off this thread and look at the brightside of things. :sunshine:
1. The Pacers are still in 2nd place and a full game up on the Knicks.
2. It looks like Roy really did have a wrist injury (I blame Gangnam Style) to begin the season and his production is more on par with what it was last season.
3. The schedule the rest of the season isn't too tough.
4. There's still time to sign one of the standout wing players from China (McGrady or Gary Forbes please!) if Granger won't be able to play the rest of the season.
5. The Pacers get to play Cleveland without Kyrie tonight!
I seem to be the only one not panicking.
Heres a fact. The only team in the east that has a winning record vs 500 teams is the Heat.
Hibbert has been scoring efficiently, more, and still defending at an elite level.
There hasn't been a huge slump for any of our starters (Not palying great, but no-one has fallen off the face of the earth)
The Pacers are 3 victories away from CLINCHMAS! (Yeah, the Pacers are about to be the second team in the East to clinch, just 3 years after ending a playoff appearance drought)
Only thing I'm not in agreement with you on is the signing a wing thing. Can't play in the playoffs, so it doesn't make sense to bring anyone in for the last few regular season games.
Since I'm looking at the brightside of things, I have to point out that Gerald Green looked really good against the Cavs again last night. Maybe he'll wake up from his funk and be the spark he was brought in to be.