Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd Thoughts: Naptown Seth was right, Peck was wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Thoughts: Naptown Seth was right, Peck was wrong

Ok, since we didn’t get together prior to the game to make a wager (thank God or I would be broke) I thought I’d still own up to this and give Seth credit for calling the win here.

Beating Portland was a good win, they are a really bad team right now but it still was a good win.

Beating the 76ers tonight was not a good win. This was an outstanding win and maybe even a little bit of a statement win. Does anybody believe that it was a coincidence that when the 76ers beat us in Philly at the beginning of the year that George Hill & Danny Granger didn’t play. Then tonight not only do they play but Danny leads us in scoring and George just plucked their souls right from their chest in the 4th with sharpshooting that would make a Marine Sniper jealous. Not to mention that both of them were second on our club in rebounding with 7.

I will always give them credit for beating us in Philly but in my heart I’ve always put a caveat on that win & tonight was vindication for that.

What makes the win even better was that it was on a national broadcast & for a short while the NBA whether they wanted to or not had to pay attention to both of our teams. Hey we beat Philly but I have no hate for them, they are really a mirror image of our club & more than anything I want a team like one of us (preferably us) to actually get to the finals. Show the world that you don’t have to have the MVP or a big market or a superstar.

However since I was at the game I didn’t get to watch the broadcast so I have no idea if they paid attention to the game or talked about Dwight Howard or Mike D’Antoni all night. I came home from the game and watched NBAtv for two and a half solid hours before they even mentioned our game. They showed highlights of the Bulls/Heat game while it was still in progress mind you & they spent a good hour talking about Howard (which I understand) but when they went and did two segments on the Lakers beating the Hornets in O.T. I about lost my mind. Finally they got to our highlights only to have to hear Shaq spend ¾ of the segment talking about Mark Madsen of all people. Sometimes I just hate the NBA’s marketing. I know they aim for big markets and promote big names but for the love of God until we blew the game open late this was a very good basketball game.

That is really what I want to stress to everyone tonight if you get nothing else from my post. This was an outstanding basketball game between two very evenly matched teams.

We won and we won going away but we are not going to shoot that well from the floor every game. The next game between these two teams will be a war on the court and I expect it to go down to the wire.

Interesting fact of the night, after being slaughtered by the officiating crew in the Blazers game the Indiana Pacers tied the franchise low of 8 personal fouls, yes that is eight. We hit more free throws than the 76ers attempted. What makes this even more remarkable was the fact that we were very active on the defensive end, we just defended without fouling very often. The Granger block on Young was probably a foul though, I haven’t been able to see a replay with a good angle yet, but from the fieldhouse I thought he got him on the body. But it did happen right in front of the ref and he didn’t call it and Young didn’t complain much about it either, so maybe it just looked like a foul and wasn’t.

It goes without saying that George Hill was outstanding and obviously we are a totally different team when he plays, we are in another tier of teams when he plays well.

But his contributions should not completely overshadow the rest of the outstanding play by the bench. Slowly but surely Tyler Hansbrough has now put together a string of decent games. I’ll deal more with him in a moment but I just want to make sure to point out that this is the second game in a row that he has played solid outstanding defense. His rebounding was a little lax but honestly there were not a lot of boards to go around tonight as both teams were shooting lights out.

Lou, A.J. & Dahntay all contributed big when they played as well.

However while I am thrilled with the win and even more thrilled that we beat a good team there were a couple of trouble spots tonight and one that may become a lingering problem that the team will ultimately have to deal with.

Darren Collison was just bad tonight, there is no other way to say it. Every minute he was on the floor was a min. that should have gone to someone else. Not only was he inept at the offensive end but he was just flat out destroyed by Holiday on the defensive end. He is not normally this bad, but he has been in a funk now for a little bit of time and tonight it could have cost us. I don’t believe in the +/- stat but every single pacer had a + rating with the exception of one player, Darren Collison was a 0 on the +/- stat. Again I don’t use that myself but I do point it out tonight just to illustrate that he had a bad game.

His bad game caused Frank to extend A.J. Price’s minutes which was fine because A.J., while once again not being able to hit the ocean from a boat, did play great defense and ran a smooth offense. So why was this a problem you might ask? Well for whatever reason we are now only playing Hill as the backup 2 and not making him a combo guard.

Again, why is this a problem you are going to ask? Well the repercussion of this is that Paul George get’s his min. limited which I’m not sure is good for the franchise in either the long term or the short term to be honest with you.

Paul only played 19 min. tonight and only had 1 foul. Frankly I just don’t see how we can continue this going forward. He is not the franchises future, he is a huge part of the franchise right now. We either need to go back to using Hill as a combo guard or well frankly D.C. needs to go to the bench and sadly although he doesn’t deserve it A.J. needs to go back to the deep rotation. I would not argue against putting D.C. in the deep rotation but I don’t think you can justify taking a starter and doing that to him.
    We won and now have won two in a row so all is going to be harmonious in the world but we all know we are not going to go undefeated the rest of the way so I don’t think Paul is going to be very happy playing less than 20 min. a game very often.

Let’s do tonight’s odd thoughts in long form, yea I know we already have.

Danny Granger: I’ll open with a quote from Danny over at Pacers.com “I thought we shot well tonight. I came out on a little bit more of a mission”. I think that mission was that Andre Iguodala made the all-star team while Danny got to have a vacation. Not only did he shoot very well from the floor but Danny was playing defense all night and hitting the glass. Andre hit two three’s but they were both with Danny running in his face. But the main thing for Danny was that he followed the game plan and never once forced it. Early in the game he made it a point to get Roy involved in the early offense posting him and then re posting him for shots. When he blocked that shot he ran down to the other end and was hit in the corner for a three, but instead he dribbled in two steps and hit Hill who hit a three point shot that actually caused the net to burst into flames. Ok so it didn’t burst into flames but it should have. Even though the building erupted, the team on the bench went crazy and other players on the floor were overjoyed there was no happier person in that building that Danny Granger. He pumped his fist and ran back as though he had just hit that shot and while he didn’t he sure created everything that led up to it. Just a great overall game from Danny on a night when we really needed it.

David West: Neutralized Elton Brand and that is no small task. Tonight he was stepping back and hitting the 15-18’ jumper and did combine a few layups in there as well as he and Roy Hibbert combined for an absolutely brilliant play where West cut to the basket and Roy found him from the other side for the reverse hoop. He also did some passing of his own as he had 4 assists for the game. But I think his value tonight was that he knew exactly how to make Brand ineffective by taking him outside of his comfort zone and not allowing him to hang around and block shots.

Roy Hibbert: The team’s goal early on was to establish Roy and while he only hit 3 field goals he was huge in drawing fouls on the 76er big men. Roy had 10 free throw attempts which is a huge number and even better that he hit 8 of them. He also was a factor in making Philly take a few more outside shots than they probably wanted as he blocked 3 of their shots. The one foul that he got was pretty bogus from my angle because I though he got all ball and Iguodala initiated the body contact. Anyway once we had him established Roy then spent a great deal of the game playing point center and actually led our team with 5 assists. That is a testament to how good of a passer he is and how bad our point guard play can be when our starter can’t even get 5 (he got 2).

Paul George: Ok I talked about this above but I’ll address it again. I just don’t see how you can limit him to 19 min. without him either being in foul trouble or struggling. To the best of my knowledge he was doing neither. I know that he had a jumper blocked by Evan Turner but I can’t think that would be enough to merit the benching. When he was on the floor I thought he played very well and once again had a highlight dunk when he fought through a lose ball and a couple of 76ers for it. He missed his free throw shot but we got the rebound. I’ll chalk it up to Hill just having an outstanding game but if they are going to only use him as a two then sadly Dahntay Jones may have to have his min. cut to get Paul more time on the floor.

Darren Collison: The less said the better.

Tyler Hansbrough: I never thought I would live long enough to see Tyler chase Thad Young on the baseline to the middle and rise up and cause Young to alter and take a bad shot. This is the second game in a row that he has stepped up on the defensive end. The fact that he was hitting his shots helped a lot but he can still help the team if he always focuses on defense and rebounding. His shot will come and go but those should remain constant. When both Tyler & George play at this level it puts us right back up into the upper tier of teams because then we legitimately have no let down when our starters go to the bench, which is what was happening early in the year.

George Hill: You can’t say enough about the game he played. He was like Zeus firing lighting bolts down from Mount Olympus with his three point shooting but not to be overlooked was the lock down defense that he put on Lou Williams. In fact Tyler & George outplayed their dynamic duo of Thad & Lou. Anyway as much as we missed Danny in that first game with Philly it can be argued that we missed George more because he has the ability to not only guard Lou he can really bother Lou with his very long arms and right in your jersey defense. For a kid who grew up in Indiana when Reggie Miller was in his prime it had to be surreal to have the fieldhouse blowup for him when he hit those three point shots.

Lou Amundson: This guy packs so much into every min. that he is on the floor that it often seems like he plays more min. than he does. Tonight he only got 11 min. but was still 100% from the floor including about a 13’ jump shot that hit nothing but net and probably made Doug Collins want to jump off of the jumbo tron head first. Honestly as well as Tyler, David & Roy played tonight it would have been hard to justify more min. from Lou but to me that is why he is so valuable to our club. He isn’t going to cause a problem because he didn’t get big min. and will still come in and give you solid production whenever his number is called. Also 3 boards and a block in that short time as well.

A.J. Price: I’ll just say it, if the Pacers don’t want to start Hill because they like his production from the bench they may need to consider giving the nod to Price if Darren can not pull out of this nosedive he is in. His defense was outstanding again tonight and I have no doubt that this is why he played so much, it sure wasn’t his shooting. But Holiday became human when Price was defending him compared to Supreme Galactic Ruler that he was when Collison was (I don’t really want to use the word guarding him because that would imply that he was attempting to stop him from scoring) on the court with him. Also some nice passing into the post, which on our team can always be an adventure.

Dahntay Jones: Solid fundamentally sound basketball. Stifling defense and smart offense. Having said that I am not sure that if the Pacers continue to play Hill exclusively at the two he can continue to get the majority of the backup 3 min. Not his fault, he doesn’t deserve any demotion but Paul George is just too good to play less than 25 min. (minimum IMO) a game.

Ok finally the monkey is off of our backs, we beat a good team. We not only beat them we actually turned up the heat and throttled them at the end of the game. We played physical and once again we outrebounded a good rebounding team. I’ll go ahead and say that this was the most smash mouth basketball that we have played in over a month.

Does this mean all is well? Does it mean that we should all feel much better about the club?

Well the answer to those are no & yes. No, we still have to work on a way to beat Atlanta, Orlando, Miami & Chicago but at the very least beating a good team on national TV might give our club the confidence to start being able to at least beat some of the second tier clubs again.

Now we get to have a back to back with the Knicks. As is always our luck D’Antoni quits just before our games, I think of him about what I thought of O’Brien. I was hoping he would get a lifetime contract with the Knicks. However with Woodson as the coach we will see lots of iso ball, so let’s hope that they got the “win one for the new coach” win out of their system against the ghost of the Portland Trailblazers.

Let's end this with the teams theme song for the year.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd Thoughts: Naptown Seth was right, Peck was wrong

I want the Pacers to have as high of a seed as possible, but I would not be disappointed if they get the Sixers in a 4v5 matchup.

Comment

read somewhere paul george was sick

Comment

And round and round we go...

HUGE win tonight sets up a massive home and home with the Boo-Hoo York knickerbockers.

I kept my composure when Danny blocked iggy.. But all hell broke loose in my living room when Hill followed that up with ANOTHER 3 that I swear didn't touch net. That was sweet
        Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
        #31 & Only

Comment

Originally posted by MrHale View Post
          read somewhere paul george was sick
          Yea Roy tweeted to Paul asking how he felt.

If he was sick then we can disregard most of what I said about the time split tonight, however overall since the all-star break I think his min. per game is down slightly while his production is up.

But, yea if he was sick then that changes a lot.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

Another great OT, Peck, but you totally forgot to mention Dwight Howard.
            You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacers4Life View Post

I kept my composure when Danny blocked iggy.. But all hell broke loose in my living room when Hill followed that up with ANOTHER 3 that I swear didn't touch net. That was sweet
              It didn't. I don't think his dagger at the end of the third did either.
              "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

Comment

I was at the game, and the crowd was raucous for the occasion. The best part is the fact that the team played very well. We were actually down 8-10 vet early, but stuck to the game plan and played very well. I just wished we played with that much force and determination every game.

Also, George Hill showcased again that he deserves starter type minutes, dude is a game changer for us. In my last post I spoke about our record with DVD without him, but seeing it live just confirmed it...his confidence and bball iq has an effect in the entire team

Oh, and DC was....frustrating to say the least.

Good win, let's get some momentum going and beat NY!

Comment

As good as hill played I honestly think its tyler that this team needs the most. I am not a tyler homer but his presence when he is scoring really defeats thier defense and get us into our smashmouth mode of inside scoring and free throws that really opens up hill and granger for the shots they were hitting. He is so crucial to the game plan and I do not think he even knows it.

Geogre was benched because hill was on fire. The right move was made and I applaud vogel for making it. This is a team we HAD to beat for our confidence going forward. Everyone questions this team still and if we belong in the top 5 in the east. We proved tonight we do, while chicago and miami are a tier above we are right there and on any given night can steal a game from them.

The thing I noticed about DC is holidays speed gave him fits. He was not able to use his speed against him. This is fine because their are a low amount of FAST point guards like these two. AJ plays more of a spot up game instead of a drive to a hole game which helped his case tonight.

Igodalas D was no match for Grangers shooting tonight. Its almost like igodala was so worried about his drive that he was overplaying it just a step to much, which allowed Danny to get his shot off. When he is hitting his shot like he was tonight the guy is pretty much un guardable. This is a TOP TIER defensive talent that was playing him tonight. Credit has to be given to Granger for this. On NATIONAL tv he made Igodala his ball boy.

George hill is something special. I do not think we fully utilize him to his talents. His ability to hit that three time after time with 3 seconds on the shot clock is freaking AMAZING. I get so made when he is dribbling with 6 seconds left because I feel its a wasted possessionthen he proves me wrong about 50 percent of the time. I honestly feel if we used some better screens/sets for him he would be a 20ppg scorer. He has the speed/control of a iverson or ellis and the shooting stroke of a korver. We have to keep his confidence up going into the playoffs. It should be a mission to vogel to do this, if he does we are going to be dangerous playoff time.

Comment

Over the past month or so, Lou has really started to look like the player that was a huge part of Phoenix's strong bench a few years ago when they made the run to the conference finals.

Comment

A great game all around. I was very worried when it was coming down to which team stopped shooting the lights out first (I mean, wow, both teams over 50%?) Good on our guys that we kept the offensive pressure on.

Attendance worried me but by the end of the game the lower bowl had filled in and I'm sure it looked solid on TV - anyone with any observations there?
                      BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
                      Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Comment

Statistically Philly is the best defense in the NBA. If they had a tougher schedule they would still be in the top 8 for sure.

We didn't win a game playing significantly better defense. We won by shooting the lights out. Which tells us that it can happen. And even though Philly shot over 50% we held them under 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post
                          Hey we beat Philly but I have no hate for them, they are really a mirror image of our club & more than anything I want a team like one of us (preferably us) to actually get to the finals. Show the world that you don’t have to have the MVP or a big market or a superstar.
                          I agree with this 100%.

The Granger block on Young was probably a foul though, I haven’t been able to see a replay with a good angle yet, but from the fieldhouse I thought he got him on the body. But it did happen right in front of the ref and he didn’t call it and Young didn’t complain much about it either, so maybe it just looked like a foul and wasn’t.
                          The refs were allowing hard contact on all game long on both ends of the court. It was nice to see some hard contact be allowed and it was nice that both teams responded to it in a good manner (not a lot of moaning and whining). We certainly got a few more calls, though. Probably cause of the home court.
                          Originally posted by IrishPacer
                          Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

We won and now have won two in a row so all is going to be harmonious in the world but we all know we are not going to go undefeated the rest of the way so I don’t think Paul is going to be very happy playing less than 20 min. a game very often.
                            Someone said that Paul was feeling sick / hurt in the second half. So, it may have been a case of Paul not feeling fit to play at this particular time.

Edit: And I keep not reading the full thread before commenting
                            Last edited by Nuntius; 03-15-2012, 10:24 AM.
                            Originally posted by IrishPacer
                            Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

Peck... Just curious.

Would it be accurate to assume that George Hill is becoming your favorite player?

Comment

Working...
                              X