Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'!

Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
    She took the midnight train going anywhere
    Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
    He took the midnight train going anywhere

I seen her in a smokey room, the smell of wine and cheap perfume
    For a smile they can share the night

It goes on and on and on

Stangers, waiting..walking down the boulevard
    Their shadows searching in the night..
    Street lights..people..
    Living just to find emotion
    Hiding somewhere in the night..

Working hard to get my fill, everybody wants a thrill
    Betting anything to roll the dice just one more time
    Some will win, some will lose
    Some are born to sing the blues..And the movie never ends

It goes on and on and on

Stangers, waiting..walking down the boulevard
    Their shadows searching in the night..
    Street lights..people..
    Living just to find emotion
    Hiding somewhere in the night..

Don't stop..believing..hold on to that feeling..
    Street light..people..

Don't stop..believing..hold on...
    Street lights..people..

Don't stop believing..hold on to that feeling..(fading)
    (Fading) Street lights..people..ohhhh
    Don't stop.

Re: DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'!

My Journey is now complete.

Welcome to Hell.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Comment

Ahh. Just in time for the playoffs!
      sigpic

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Comment

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Comment

Eek, the cat! They call me Blanko Nino.

Comment

A long, long time ago
            I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
            And I knew if I had my chance that I could make those people dance
            And maybe they'd be happy for a while
            But February made me shiver with every paper I'd deliver
            Bad news on the doorstep, I couldn't take one more step
            I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride
            But something touched me deep inside the day the music died.

So bye bye Miss American Pie
            Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry
            And them good 'ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye singin'
            This'll be the day that I die
            This'll be the day that I die.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above?
            If the Bible tells you so
            Now do you believe in rock and roll, can music save your moral soul and
            Can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well I know that you're in love with him 'cause I saw you dancin' in the gym
            You both kicked off your shoes, man I dig those rhythm and blues
            I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck, with a pink carnation and a pickup truck
            But I knew I was out of luck the day the music died.

I started singin' bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy
            But the levy was dry
            Them good 'ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye and singin'

Now for ten years we've been on our own and moss grows, fat on a rolling stone
            But that's not how it used to be
            When the jester sang for the king and queen in a coat he borrowed from James Dean
            And a voice that came from you and me
            Oh and while the king was looking down, the jester stole his thorny crown
            The courtroom was adjourned, no verdict was returned
            And while Lenin read a book on Marx, the quartet practiced in the park
            And we sang dirges in the dark the day the music died

We were singin' bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy
            But the levy was dry

Helter-skelter in a summer swelter the birds flew off with a fallout shelter
            Eight miles high and fallin' fast, it landed foul on the grass
            The players tried for a forward pass with the jester, on the sidelines in a cast
            Now the half-time air was sweet perfume while sergeants played a marching tune
            We all got up to dance, oh but we never got the chance
            'Cause the players tried to take the field, the marching band refused to yield
            Do you recall what was revealed the day the music died.

We started singin' bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy
            But the levy was dry

Oh, and there we were all in one place, a generation lost in space
            With no time left to start again
            So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack Flash sat on a candlestick 'cause
            Fire is the devil's only friend
            Oh, and as I watched him on the stage my hands were clenched in fists of rage
            No angel born in hell, could break that Satan's spell
            And as the flames climbed high into the night, to light the sacrificial rite I saw
            Satan laughing with delight the day the music died.

We were singin' bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy
            But the levy was dry

I met a girl who sang the blues, and I asked her for some happy news
            But she just smiled and turned away
            I went down to the sacred store, where I'd heard the music years before
            But the man there said the music wouldn't play, mmm
            And in the streets the children screamed, the lovers cried and the poets dreamed
            But not a word was spoken, the church bells all were broken
            And the three men I admire most: the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
            They caught the last train for the coast the day the music died.

And they were singing
            Bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy
            But the levy was dry
            And them good 'ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye singin'

They were singing
            Bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy
            But the levy was dry
            Them good 'ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye singin'

Comment

*man pissing*
              Heah hah hah!
              I’m serious nigga one of y’all niggaz got this *** mother****in up
              Aiy baby, aiy baby... aiy baby get some bubblegum in this mother****er
              Steady long, steady long nigga

Verse one: snoop

With so much drama in the l-b-c
              It’s kinda hard bein snoop d-o-double-g
              But i, somehow, some way
              Keep comin up with funky *** **** like every single day
              May i, kick a little something for the g’s (yeah)
              And, make a few ends as (yeah!) I breeze, through
              Two in the mornin and the party’s still jumpin
              Cause my momma ain’t home
              I got *****es in the living room gettin it on
              And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin (six in the mornin)
              So what you wanna do, sheeeit
              I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
              So turn off the lights and close the doors
              But (but what) we don’t love them hoes, yeah!
              So we gonna smoke a ounce to this
              G’s up, hoes down, while you mother****ers bounce to this

Chorus: repeat 2x

Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice
              Laid back [with my mind on my money and my money on my mind]

Verse two:

Now, that, I got me some seagram’s gin
              Everybody got they cups, but they ain’t chipped in
              Now this types of ****, happens all the time
              You got to get yours but fool I gotta get mine
              Everything is fine when you listenin to the d-o-g
              I got the cultivating music that be captivating he
              Who listens, to the words that I speak
              As I take me a drink to the middle of the street
              And get to mackin to this ***** named sadie (sadie? )
              She used to be the homeboy’s lady (oh, that *****)
              Eighty degrees, when I tell that ***** please
              Raise up off these n-u-t’s, cause you gets none of these
              At ease, as I mob with the dogg pound, feel the breeze
              Beeeitch, I’m just

Chorus

Verse three:

Later on that day
              My homey dr. dre came through with a gang of tanqueray
              And a fat *** j, of some bubonic chronic that made me choke
              ****, this ain’t no joke
              I had to back up off of it and sit my cup down
              Tanqueray and chronic, yeah I’m ****ed up now
              But it ain’t no stoppin, I’m still poppin
              Dre got some *****es from the city of compton
              To serve me, not with a cherry on top
              Cause when I bust my nut, I’m raisin up off the cot
              Don’t get upset girl, that’s just how it goes
              I don’t love you hoes, I’m out the do’
              And I’ll be

Chorus

Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice (beeotch!!)
              Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice (beeotch!!)

Comment

Follow me into the desert
                As thirsty as you are
                Crack a smile and cut your mouth
                And drown in alcohol
                'Cause down below the truth is lying
                Beneath the riverbed
                So quench yourself and drink the water
                That flows below her head

Oh no there she goes
                Out in the sunshine the sun is mine

I shot my love today would you cry for me
                I lost my head again would you lie for me
                I left her in the sand just a burden in my hand
                I lost my head again would you cry for me

Close your eyes and bow your head
                I need a little sympathy
                'Cause fear is strong and love's for everyone
                Who isn't me
                So kill your health and kill yourself
                And kill everything you love
                And if you live you can fall to pieces
                And suffer with my ghost
                Just a burden in my hand
                Just an anchor on my heart
                Just a tumor in my head
                And I'm in the dark

So follow me into the desert
                As desperate as you are
                Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
                And all the little pigs have God
                You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Comment

Meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what my cat just said

Comment

Holy ****, thats Journey!!!

But for your entertainment here is the Dead Milkmen...

One Saturday I took a walk to Zipperhead
                    I met a girl there
                    And she almost knocked me dead
                    Punk rock girl please look at me
                    Punk rock girl what do you see?
                    Let's travel round the world
                    Just you and me punk rock girl

I tapped her on the shoulder
                    And said do you have a beau?
                    She looked at me and smiled
                    And said she did not know
                    Punk rock girl give me a chance
                    Punk rock girl let's go slamdance
                    We'll dress like Minnie Pearl

We went to the Phillie Pizza Company
                    And ordered some hot tea
                    The waitress said "Well no
                    We only have it iced"
                    So we jumped up on the table
                    And shouted "anarchy"
                    And someone played a Beach Boys song
                    On the jukebox
                    It was "California Dreamin'"
                    So we started screamin'
                    "On such a winter's day"

She took me to her parents
                    For a Sunday meal
                    Her father took one look at me
                    And he began to squeal
                    Punk rock girl it makes no sense
                    Punk rock girl your dad is the Vice President
                    Rich as the Duke of Earl
                    Yeah you're for me punk rock girl

We went to a shopping mall
                    And laughed at all the shoppers
                    And security guards trailed us
                    To a record shop
                    We asked for Mojo Nixon
                    They said "He don't work here"
                    We said "If you don't got Mojo Nixon
                    Then your store could use some fixin'"

We got into a car
                    Away we started rollin'
                    I said "How much you pay for this?"
                    She said "Nothing man, it's stolen"
                    Punk rock girl you look so wild
                    Punk rock girl let's have a child
                    We'll name her Minnie Pearl
                    Just you and me
                    Eating fudge banana swirl
                    Just you and me
                    We'll travel round the world
                    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Comment

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay,
                      My, oh, my, what a wonderful day.
                      Plenty of sunshine headin' my way,
                      Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder,
                      It's the truth, it's "actch'll"
                      Everything is "satisfactch'll."

Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

My, oh, my, what a wonderful day.
                      Plenty of sunshine headin' my way,
                      Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

Wonderful feeling, feeling this way!

Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

Thank you, Dead Kennedys

Comment

Sister Christian, oh the time has come
                        And you know that you're the only one to say, OK
                        Where you goin', what you looking for
                        You know those boys don't want to play no more with you
                        It's true

[Refrain]
                        You're motoring
                        What's your price for flight
                        In finding Mister Right
                        You'll be all right tonight

Babe, you know you're growing up so fast
                        And momma's worrying that you won't last to say, let's play
                        Sister Christian, there's so much in life
                        Don't you give it up before your time is due
                        It's true, it's true, yeah

You're motoring
                        You've got him in your sights
                        And driving through the night

[Refrain thrice]

But you're motoring
                        Yeah, motoring

Comment

Goodness gracious, all you young'uns miss the really great 80s stuff:

Day after day
                          I will walk, and I will play
                          But the day, after today
                          I will stop, and I will start

Why can't I get just one kiss?
                          Why can't I get just one kiss?
                          Believe me,
                          Somethings I wouldn't miss
                          But I look at you pants and I need a kiss.

Why can't I get just one screw?
                          Why can't I get just one screw?
                          Believe me,
                          I'd know what to do.
                          But something won't let me make love to you.

Why can't I get just one ****?
                          Why can't I get just one ****?
                          I guess it's got something to do with luck
                          But I've waited my whole life for just one

Day after day
                          I get angry
                          And I will say
                          That the day is in my sight
                          When I take a bow and say goodnight

Oh my my my my my oh my mum
                          Have you kept your eye
                          Your eye on your son?
                          I know you've had problems
                          You're not the only one
                          When your sugar left, he left you on the run

Mo my my my my my mo my mum
                          Take a look now
                          Look what your boy has done
                          He's walking around like he's number one
                          You went downtown and got him a gun.

Don't shoot shoot shoot that thing at me
                          You know you got my sympathy
                          But don't shoot shoot shoot that thing at me
                          You know you got my sympathy
                          But don't shoot shoot shoot that thing at me

Broken down kitchen at the top of the stairs
                          Can I mix in with your affairs?
                          Share a smoke, Make a joke
                          Grasp and reach for a leg of hope
                          Words to memorize, words hypnotize
                          Words make my mouth exercise.
                          Words all fail the magic prize
                          Nothing I can say when I'm in your thighs

Oh my my my my my mo my mother
                          I would love to love you lover
                          City's restless
                          It's ready to pounce
                          Here in your bed from ounce to ounce
                          Sayin' oh my my my my my mo my mother
                          I would love to love you lover
                          The city's restless
                          It's ready to pounce
                          Here in your bed from ounce to ounce

I've given you a decision to make
                          Things to lose, things to take
                          Just as she's about ready to cut it up
                          She says
                          Wait a minute honey I'm gonna add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Day after day
                          I get angry and I will say
                          That the day is in my sight
                          When I take a bow and say goodnight
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Add it up
                          Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
                          Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
                          Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
                          Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
                          And life itself, rushing over me
                          Life itself, the wind in black elms,
                          Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

Originally posted by cramerica
                            Where you goin', what you looking for
                            You know those boys don't want to play no more with you
                            It's true

[Refrain]
                            You're motoring
                            In finding Mister Right
                            You'll be all right tonight

Babe, you know you're growing up so fast
                            And momma's worrying that you won't last to say, let's play
                            Sister Christian, there's so much in life
                            Don't you give it up before your time is due
                            It's true, it's true, yeah

You're motoring
                            You've got him in your sights
                            And driving through the night

[Refrain thrice]

But you're motoring
                            Yeah, motoring

I can't even get through that without instantly thinking about that scene in Boogie Nights where they try to rip off the drug dealer . . . .

Comment

Poor old Johnny Ray
                              Sounded sad upon the radio,
                              he moved a million hearts in mono.

Our mothers cried
                              and sang along and who'd blame them.

Now you're grown, so grown,
                              now I must say more than ever.
                              Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
                              and we can sing just like our fathers.

Come on Eileen,
                              I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything,
                              With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty
                              Ah come on Eileen.

These people round here
                              wear beaten down eyes
                              Sunk in smoke dried faces
                              they're so resigned to what their fate is,

But not us, no not us
                              we are far too young and clever.
                              Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
                              Eileen I'll hum this tune forever.

Come on Eileen, I swear, well he means
                              Ah come on let's take off everything,
                              That pretty red dress Eileen (Tell him yes)
                              Ah come on let's, ah come on Eileen, please

Good times. I was gonna bust out some Air Supply, but I'll let someone else hog the glory.
                              "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                              X