PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley out indefinitely

Cory
03-06-2005, 04:21 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/227284-2359-179.html

When reading the article on indystar before the roadtrip it said that Tinsley expected to be back if not against Denver, then against Portland. Why do the pacers always say that so and so may play on such and such date and it never happens? They are always on the shelf for at least another week or two. I've never had so much distrust for the media/organization/NBA as I have this year. I feel like all 3 have lied to us repeatedly.

skyfire
03-06-2005, 04:48 AM
Tinsley injury update

Tinsley's return to the lineup has hit a snag -- again.

Carlisle said Saturday that Tinsley will not play in the remaining two games of the trip. His injured foot also may keep him out of Friday's home game against Golden State and next Sunday's game at Cleveland.

"His injury was more involved than the MRI showed," Carlisle said. "We had a follow-up MRI and it revealed it was an injury from the top of his foot to the bottom. He's getting better, but he's just not there yet."

Tinsley, who is on the road with the team, has played a total of 42 minutes since injuring his foot in a Jan. 31 game at Philadelphia.

The Pacers didn't want to put him on the injured list at first because they thought the injury wasn't that serious and they had a four-day layoff for the All-Star Game. Carlisle said they would have put Tinsley on the injured list this time if O'Neal hadn't gone on it.

I dunno if i'd classify the rest of this road trip as 'indefinately', but it is certainly ominous as Tins gives the Pacers so much on offense. Ironic how at the start of this season people were complaining that Freddie would be buried behind Jax and Reg at the SG spot and now he seems to be our starting PG for the time being.

This season has been a one hell of a rollercoaster ride, it would be a shame if it ended up by getting swept against Detroit/Miami as some have been suggesting. Hopefully Ronnie gets reinstated cause that would be another fascinating twist in this crazy season.

Dr Huxtable
03-06-2005, 05:13 AM
:cries:

Bball
03-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Pacer injury reports are akin to the leadership of the old USSR suffering from 'a cold'.

-Bball

able
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
This is just another "we missed something on our MRI and F'd up" articles on the medical staff of the Pacers.

I am now getting to a stage where I recommend the Pacers medical staff as the most incompetent buggers in the NBA.

I DID post a few days ago that they most likely mist something (I was thinking bone crack in alignement with the scan at that moment, since something like that happened to me once in a hospital) but to have this happen so often as they continuously eem to over or under estimate injuries is really totally getting out of hand.

SoupIsGood
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
He'll probably return in about five weeks like JO will, if I had to guess.

Ragnar
03-06-2005, 10:13 AM
:sobsuncontrollably:

ABADays
03-06-2005, 01:13 PM
C'mon guys - neither have hit our mandatory 35 games missed yet.

PacerMan
03-06-2005, 04:19 PM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/227284-2359-179.html

When reading the article on indystar before the roadtrip it said that Tinsley expected to be back if not against Denver, then against Portland. Why do the pacers always say that so and so may play on such and such date and it never happens? They are always on the shelf for at least another week or two. I've never had so much distrust for the media/organization/NBA as I have this year. I feel like all 3 have lied to us repeatedly.

Lighten up there Francis. :)
Foot injuries are notoriously inconsistant. you can make progress for weeks only to be set back by a "tweak". I dealt with a reoccuring stress fracture for almost 10 years. Finally gave up playing hoops because of it. HOPE that's not what's going on.

PacerMan
03-06-2005, 04:21 PM
This is just another "we missed something on our MRI and F'd up" articles on the medical staff of the Pacers.

I am now getting to a stage where I recommend the Pacers medical staff as the most incompetent buggers in the NBA.

I DID post a few days ago that they most likely mist something (I was thinking bone crack in alignement with the scan at that moment, since something like that happened to me once in a hospital) but to have this happen so often as they continuously eem to over or under estimate injuries is really totally getting out of hand.

there are plenty of injuries that don't show up on scans. Different soft tissue injurys and stuff. Especially in feet it's not that uncommon to not find a definite spot that's 'damaged'.
Despite the impression you get from tv, medical science is not cut and dried. Not even close.

ReggieMiller8325
03-06-2005, 09:14 PM
This blows we have the biggest bad luck spree ever i just hope Reggie Miller and Stephen Jackson step up especially Jackson he has to step up big on offens.I guess this is the end for my dream of us getting the central divison title only way we can pull it now if we every game from now on and that seems impossible.I just hope Reggie Miller steps up very big like against the bucks these next 4 games before J.o comes back.

Lord Helmet
03-06-2005, 09:20 PM
This blows we have the biggest bad luck spree ever i just hope Reggie Miller and Stephen Jackson step up especially Jackson he has to step up big on offens.I guess this is the end for my dream of us getting the central divison title only way we can pull it now if we every game from now on and that seems impossible.I just hope Reggie Miller steps up very big like against the bucks these next 4 games before J.o comes back.
Yes, we have had some bad luck, and I agree it sucks. I think Reggie will shoot more tonight and every night we don't have JO. Thats usually when he steps up, when we don't have JO. And don't get your hopes up on JO returning after these next 4 games, he possibly and with our luck, won't be back right after the mandatory games you have to miss.

ReggieMiller8325
03-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah you are probally right we had bad luck all season so why would something good happend for a change.

tseramid
03-06-2005, 10:27 PM
If you think of it, we are not really that far off of where we were personel-wise just after the brawl. No Ron, no JO and no Tinsley (in place of Jackson). This season is so close to that unmentionable season in the 90's. We even brought back a former player that we sent out via one of the great trades in team history, only this time we bring back DD, instead of Mark Jackson.