PDA

View Full Version : James Jones

Suaveness
03-05-2005, 03:05 PM
For most players I would prefer them to drive the ball and kick out, rather than shoot it. Though JJ needs to start trying to shoot in order to get a better feel for these games. People don't respect him enough to cover him tightly, and he should make use of that I guess.

Ragnar
03-05-2005, 03:30 PM
He looked afraid to shoot. Everytime he takes any time to think about it he misses. When he just shoots the d@mn ball he is money. I was complaining about it last night. I love it when he is not afraid to shoot but too often lately it is like he is scared.

Dr Huxtable
03-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I doubt he's worn out.

I think he's just afraid. Remember, right after the suspensions, JJ, Freddie, and Jamaal were the only offensive options for the most part until Reggie came back. JJ felt like he had to shoot for his team to win, and whenever he did shoot and shoot well we usually won. Now that Jack and Reggie, and until recently JO are back, I think he feels like that if he shoots and misses they'll get on to him.

He'll get over it in time.

Suaveness
03-05-2005, 04:24 PM
This is his first year of real playing time, too. Hopefully by next year he will be rid of his doubts about his shooting.

PacerMan
03-05-2005, 04:33 PM
I think he's just still defering to the "stars" too much. Just shoot it James, we need it.

Bball
03-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I hope not. I'd rather he not shoot for whatever team he's playing for next year, too. For the Pacers sake in case they play the team that signs him and it's riddled by enough suspensions and injuries to get him PT.

He's a Pacer, drafted by the Pacers, and apparently has been a well-behaved citizen. Barring him coming in and throwing a tantrum demanding to start or or holding out for silly money he can't get anywhere, he will be paid the most money to simply stay a Pacer... cuz for right or wrong that is how it works in Pacerland. We're loyal... even to a fault....

The only thing that could make him more of a lock was if he was a 7' white guy with no chance of getting off the bench.

-Bball

Bball
03-05-2005, 05:20 PM
We're also up too high in salarycap-land. The next CBA should have an interesting role in James Jones' future as a Pacer.

Which might make Peck angry if DD isn't back next year....

-Bball

Ragnar
03-05-2005, 05:45 PM
You know if we just bought out Bender this year. (Since we are saving money on Rons pay) we would be in a much better cap situation next year.

abington
03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
JJ has already been more valuable in the time immidiatley after the brawl than JB has been for the last 5-years. He is too passive and not a great passer, but has shown significant signs that he may be a very good NBA player and someone we should try to keep.

Bball
03-06-2005, 12:13 AM
You know if we just bought out Bender this year. (Since we are saving money on Rons pay) we would be in a much better cap situation next year.

I'm with you. It's time to pull the plug. That is one place this team can come to some closure.

-Bball

abington
03-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm with you. It's time to pull the plug. That is one place this team can come to some closure.

-Bball

Bender is the next KG but with a better jumpshot.

Pig Nash
03-06-2005, 12:27 AM
thats not going far enough. hes a taller, better MJ.

Hicks
03-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Yes, but guys, eventually he turns the PS2 off and goes to sleep.

Kegboy
03-06-2005, 01:03 AM
JJ crawled into a little ball in the corner when Reggie came back, and for all I've seen he still refuses to come out. Why else do you think I jumped on the Michael Curry train and rode it right into the ravine?

Maybe after Reggie retires James will think about shooting once in a while. :whoknows:

abington
03-06-2005, 01:15 AM
JJ crawled into a little ball in the corner when Reggie came back, and for all I've seen he still refuses to come out. Why else do you think I jumped on the Michael Curry train and rode it right into the ravine?

Maybe after Reggie retires James will think about shooting once in a while. :whoknows:

Bob Dylan couldnt of said it any better...

Eindar
03-06-2005, 09:15 AM

haha, yeah right. Why would Bender accept a buy-out? Here's what you're proposing to Jonathan:

"Hey, Jon, we owe you (16 million) dollars over the next 2 seasons. What we'd like to do is give you 10 million right now. Oh, did I mention that once we buy out your contract you have to pay for your own MRI, doctor bills, and physical therapy? Oh, before I forget, nobody else will sign you, because you are injured, and nobody takes on damaged goods."

I'm sure JB would hobble right over to sign that ;)

Eindar
03-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Back on topic, though, I think JJ has lost a little faith in his long-range shot, but that might not be the only reason. His teammates or coaches might be encouraging him to drive more to break down defenses a little bit. Face it, that's one aspect of his game he's going to need to refine in the coming years if he wants to go from 12th man to reliable backup. Also, considering he played C for Miami, a post-up game wouldn't hurt either, to use against undersized SFs. When teams didn't know anything about him, the opposing SF would try to back him down in the paint. Unfortunately, they didn't realize they were stepping right into the proverbial parlor, since JJ spent most of his career in the post defensively.

Bball
03-06-2005, 01:50 PM
haha, yeah right. Why would Bender accept a buy-out? Here's what you're proposing to Jonathan:

"Hey, Jon, we owe you (16 million) dollars over the next 2 seasons. What we'd like to do is give you 10 million right now. Oh, did I mention that once we buy out your contract you have to pay for your own MRI, doctor bills, and physical therapy? Oh, before I forget, nobody else will sign you, because you are injured, and nobody takes on damaged goods."

I'm sure JB would hobble right over to sign that ;)

I was assuming he'd get his full contract value. We'd just end the charade and move on as a team without this albatross. If there is anything I hope this season has taught management it is the folly of having players on the payroll who cannot play at all and who are there for sheer potential (and whatever reason Edwards is here). Regardless of position we need players who you can put in games if the situation calls for it.

And it doesn't matter WHY Bender is a bust (injury or not) because if he can't take the floor he can't help the team. ...And IMHO it has went on long enough that he HAS to be a distraction to the team. He's certainly a salary problem and trade problem.

What a waste.... a compounded waste when you figure in this guy got an extension.

Pull the plug...

-Bball

(Of course I am assuming you can buyout a contract with more than a yr left on it)