PDA

View Full Version : OT Anyone else an F1 fan?

Ragnar
03-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Just wondering if I am alone. I know there is at least one crappy on here but I am not sure about F1.

I need something to do while waiting on this freaking game to encode.

skyfire
03-05-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm a moderate F1 fan. Australian, Mark Webber is in a good car for the first season which should be good to watch. I can hear the noise of the cars from my house :D

Bball
03-05-2005, 04:52 AM
I follow it but lost some interest when Schumacher let Rubens pass him at Indy (accidentally or not). I then lost more interest when Rolf sat helpless and injured in his car for about an hour after he crashed while the saftey crews baked a pizza, took showers and shaved before going to his wrecked car.

-Bball

3ptmiller
03-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Yes! I am not a fan only of F1, but any motoring,dragracing,streetracing,wcr,rally,nascar & whatever! Love Cars! Love Engines! Love Tuning cars! I myself have an Honda Civic Type-R which is at 250 bhp, i love driving it like schumacher down the road when i see other volvos :)

MagicRat
03-05-2005, 08:55 AM
How hurt will you be if I give the honest answer, which is, ‘No - I’d rather French-kiss a skunk’? ........

Ragnar
03-05-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm a moderate F1 fan. Australian, Mark Webber is in a good car for the first season which should be good to watch. I can hear the noise of the cars from my house :D

Oh man I need to come stay with you for the weekend. We could talk politics:devil:

grace
03-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't feel as passionate about the subject as Magic Rat. I only pay attention when they race here. And if I do spend the time to watch the race I always feel like it was a waste of time.

pacerwaala
03-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I am not an F-1 or indycar fan but I like NASCAR. I do not like open wheel racing and road tracks. I like he stock cars and ovals. I can identify with the stock cars more because all of us drive those(not such powerful engines but ..). Also, the F-1 and Indy cars look like toys to me. Moreover, F-1 is shown at some odd time, if that in the U.S.A. Any Indycars have lost there lusture with all the fighting etc. Ricght now I am being swept in an ocean called NASCAR MARKETING.

Ragnar
03-05-2005, 10:53 AM
I am indiferent towards NASCAR. I dont hate it per se I just have no desire to watch it. To me the IRL is the same kind of "racing" but with open wheel cars (Of course I hate the IRL like I hate the Knicks) To me it is just fake racing. They try to make the cars as even as possible and inovation to a minumum and that just turns me off.

skyfire
03-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Oh man I need to come stay with you for the weekend. We could talk politics:devil:

hehe, a long plane flight for one weekend
will talk politics for sure :D

Ragnar
03-05-2005, 10:56 AM
hehe, a long plane flight for one weekend
will talk politics for sure :D

If I boarded a plane right this instant I think the race would be over before I got there.:laugh:

waxman
03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Nice win for Fisi... :champions :champagne

MSA2CF
03-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I like IRL better...

Ragnar
03-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Nice win for Fisi... :champions :champagne

Yes it was. Nice to see another team on the podium.

Speed Freak
03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I love NASCAR. I've had a harder time getting into open wheel racing. The drama surrounding the CART and IRL series kind of turned me off of the series. When F1 came to Indy I was pretty interested in it, but Ferrari was so dominant that it just wasn't much fun. I love road racing though, so I usually will watch an F1 race if I come across it.

Ragnar
03-06-2005, 10:19 PM
I like IRL better...:hmm:

tseramid
03-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Do you F1 fans like the new rules covering the tires and engines? I think they are going way overboard on the cost cutting measures.

It was neat seeing Fisi get the win, but keep in mind that Schumi had to start in the back due to a freak rainstorm just before his qualifying lap and never recovered. Just shows how incredibly hard it is to pass in F1 these days. Don't think for a second that he is done for the year, however.

Ragnar
03-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I'd rather watch MagicRat french-kiss a skunk...

Thats pretty much how I feel about the .1rl