PDA

View Full Version : Colts will release Marcus Pollard...

MSA2CF
03-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Like he hath spoke himself, no surprise was this.

Spicoli
03-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I always liked Marcus, but I think we have the pieces to make up for his production in the passing game. His blocking has always left a lot to be desired, though.

I do not think we will see a noticeable difference in the running game like we did after my man Dilger left.

obnoxiousmodesty
03-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I thank Marcus for 10 great years. Now, time to move on for all involved. The TE position should be in pretty good shape with Clark, Hartsock, and Utecht.

Natston
03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I thank Marcus for 10 great years. Now, time to move on for all involved. The TE position should be in pretty good shape with Clark, Hartsock, and Utecht.

What did we do with that TE that was tearing it up in the preseason?

Suaveness
03-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Poor Marcus...

I just hope that our other 2 backups are better than he is...can someone tell me how good Utecht is?

And any word on Vandy? I DO hope we keep him...Kickers are hard to find

canyoufeelit
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
They have like $13 million dollars of cap room right now. That's a ton for a team that's on the edge of being one of the NFL's best

Spicoli
03-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Poor Marcus...

I just hope that our other 2 backups are better than he is...can someone tell me how good Utecht is?

And any word on Vandy? I DO hope we keep him...Kickers are hard to find

Good question. Utecht was one of the highest rated TEs before his season ending injury his senior year. That's the reason everyone passed on him in the draft. I believe he was equally solid in terms of receiving and blocking. Hopefully he can resume the level of play he was at in college.

It's really a low risk, high reward situation with him.

ImReppinBtown
03-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I'll miss Marcus. He always had a good attitude. I hope he does good with whoever picks him up

Lord Helmet
03-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Marcus!!!NOOOOOOO!!!! :cry: I loved Marcus, he was a great guy. I hope when his playing days are over he can come back here.

Bball
03-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Finally, the Colts have some cap room to spend on the offense and score more points!

:(

Do I sound like I think the Colts will not spend this headroom wisely?

-Bball

birdman
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Other Colts starters who became free agents Wednesday included guard Rick DeMulling, safety Idrees Bashir, cornerback Nick Harper and middle linebacker Rob Morris.

Jermaniac
03-02-2005, 07:42 PM
I heard that the Titans will try and sign Marcus Pollard, I have no clue why.

birdman
03-02-2005, 10:26 PM
I heard that the Titans will try and sign Marcus Pollard, I have no clue why.

why not?

Jermaniac
03-02-2005, 10:30 PM
We are trying to move toward the future why not let Troupe get out there and start at TE, also why waste money on another TE, I would much rather get another WR. But I wouldnt be mad if got Pollard he is a solid big TE, I just dont think he is needed.