PDA

View Full Version : Edge tagged....

Suaveness
02-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Its....SHOCKING

Natston
02-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Interestingly, they labeled him a non-exclusive rights franchise player. Pretty much confirms to me that they plan on trading him to a team he works out a contract with.

I'm okay with it in a way. If another team wants to overpay for him, we'll gladly trade him. But if there aren't very many takers, then he'll have no bargining power in the hopes of getting a huge payday.

RA231
02-22-2005, 10:30 PM
If somebody wants to sign him we get two 1st rounders from them. I would like if somebody would sign, think anybody would?

Natston
02-22-2005, 10:33 PM
If somebody wants to sign him we get two 1st rounders from them. I would like if somebody would sign, think anybody would?

They might do like what the Fins did to get Ricky Williams, like I suggested. They didn't straight up give them 2 first rounders but because he played so well, they ended up with 2 #1s.

ABADays
02-23-2005, 08:32 AM
I seriously doubt anyone will give two first rounders for any of the available running backs. James included.

Chambizzle
02-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Look... if the colts do not decide to match another team's offer for Edge. THEY AUTOMATICALLY receive a pair of first rounders. I don't know why people think we wouldn't get draft picks lol

"Franchise players must be offered the average of the top five salaries at their position or 20 percent over their 2004 salary. Franchise players (unless they are exclusive) can negotiate with other teams, but any team signing a franchise player would have to compensate the players' former team with a pair of first-round draft choices if the offer is not matched. If a player is named an "exclusive franchise" player, they can't talk to any other teams." - Quoted from ESPN.com