PDA

View Full Version : Kendrell Bell

BeastoftheEast
02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Someone just posted on http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97885 that Kendell Bell is headed our way any one have a link? :D

ChicagoJ
02-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. I'll check my Pittsburgh links.

He's been on-the-outs for quite a while, and I've thought all along that he'd be a tremendous up-grade for the Colts.

ChicagoJ
02-18-2005, 01:08 PM
ESPN Insider's scouting report:

Height: 6-1
Weight: 257
Born: Jul. 2, 1978
Augusta, GA
Position: Linebacker

Grade 81

Insider Analysis
Bell doesn't do a great job of reading and reacting on the outside, his technique and diagnose is not what it should be, and as a result, he seems to be a step late to plays that he should be involved in. His lack of instincts also affect him in coverage as he will struggle at times when he has to turn and run with the backs. He can run pretty well, and when turned loose, he does a nice job of chasing down plays in the run game, he can be a good open field tackler, and on the college level he was outstanding in space, but on the NFL level, he seems to be doing more thinking than reacting and it's really affected his play.

Position Linebacker
'04 Team Pittsburgh Steelers
'05 Team
Exp. 4 Years

=========================

My primary comment on him is that he was awesome as a rookie, and he's been hurt ever since. He's probably the Steeler's version of Jon Bender. He's got his so-called "Christmas Day" game, and he's a physical freak, but its been a while since anyone has seen it.

I hope he re-signs with Pittsburgh, but we're so deep at LB that he's just a luxury.

I don't know how well he'd do an a 4-3. I thought he'd be great in Dick LeBeau's system because they could let him gamble and run all over the field while still having James Farrier in the middle. But it took him all season to recover from a groin pull. :rolleyes: I think he's best when paired with a Farrior (or Levon Kirkland) type at ILB, not flying solo at MLB.

BeastoftheEast
02-18-2005, 01:27 PM
No one has any links yet...............................HE is veryveryvery CHEAP :D

ChicagoJ
02-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Because he has been veryveryvery fragile. :devil:

ImReppinBtown
02-18-2005, 11:13 PM
I am really excited. I will be even more excited when it becomes officail.

Jermaniac
02-18-2005, 11:25 PM
March 1st is the date FA's can be signed, so I dont think you will be seeing any major sport sites having links on this yet.

BeastoftheEast
02-19-2005, 01:16 PM
W/ this much hype i suppose it is true :cool:

ChicagoJ
02-22-2005, 11:06 AM
From today's PG

LB.....Kendrell Bell

Might not receive an offer before March 2 from the Steelers. The only scenario in which he would return is if no one else makes him a large offer.

-snip-

LB.....Larry Foote

Started every game for injured Kendrell Bell and proved to be a capable NFL starter at inside linebacker. They want to keep him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05053/461008.stm