PDA

View Full Version : Oregonian says Pacers tried to get Dale Davis.

sixthman
02-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Blazers beat writer, Jason Quick, says the Pacers offered Cro and Scot Pollard for Dale Davis.

Portland said no because it didn't want the longer contracts and a traffic jam at forward.

Blazers turned down Indiana's offer because they didn't want to inherit Croshere and Pollard's long-term contracts or to further clog the Blazers' rotation at forward.

Donnie and Larry gave it their best shot, Peck. Sorry.

Bball
02-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Blazers beat writer, Jason Quick, says the Pacers offered Cro and Scot Pollard for Dale Davis.

Portland said no because it didn't want the longer contracts and a traffic jam at forward.

Blazers turned down Indiana's offer because they didn't want to inherit Croshere and Pollard's long-term contracts or to further clog the Blazers' rotation at forward.

Donnie and Larry gave it their best shot, Peck. Sorry.

Dunno that you'd call it their 'best shot' (cuz all things considered it was pretty unlikely that they'd want Cro's contract or Pollard's nothingness) but then again... not sure that this is a trade that you use Harrington for. So, assuming the info is true, at least they tried.

-Bball

Peck
02-21-2004, 04:17 PM
They get full credit for trying, in my book.

This does go along way to advance my suspicions though.

My theory is this. Donnie liked Dale, Dale just acted like a jackass. Larry Bird loved Dale on his team & he would have made it so he didn't act like a jackass.

In the pit of my stomach, & beleive me I'm aware that this is just a hope, I have a feeling that Dale Davis will end his career as an Indiana Pacer. That is as long as he understands that he will get nothing more than the mid-level contract & probably will not start.

But I will give credit where credit is due. Kudos to Walsh & Bird for trying.

Shade
02-21-2004, 06:04 PM
I have a feeling that Dale Davis will end his career as an Indiana Pacer.

So do I, Peck. He could easily re-sign here for the MLE in the offseason, and this shows we're interested. Very possible.

sixthman
02-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Dale has one more year left on his current contract after this.

I also feel Dale may well end his career in Indiana. By then we'll probably cleared out our logjam at forward and center in favor of guard help.

I'd imagine the mid-level exception in two years is more than the Pacers would have to pay to get him.

ABADays
02-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Ditto. DD will be back.

ChicagoJ
02-22-2004, 01:30 AM

I also feel Dale may well end his career in Indiana. By then we'll probably cleared out our logjam at forward and center in favor of guard help.

I'd imagine the mid-level exception in two years is more than the Pacers would have to pay to get him.

By then his game might have deteriorated so much that we could be the only team bidding for his services. I know Pacers fans look fondly at him, but I'm not sure its objective. Sorry, but if he comes back at that time to end his career here it may look a lot like how Pippen is ending his career in Chicago - except presumably we'll be winning and won't need him.

Anthem
04-27-2005, 11:19 AM
They get full credit for trying, in my book.

This does go along way to advance my suspicions though.

My theory is this. Donnie liked Dale, Dale just acted like a jackass. Larry Bird loved Dale on his team & he would have made it so he didn't act like a jackass.

In the pit of my stomach, & beleive me I'm aware that this is just a hope, I have a feeling that Dale Davis will end his career as an Indiana Pacer. That is as long as he understands that he will get nothing more than the mid-level contract & probably will not start.

But I will give credit where credit is due. Kudos to Walsh & Bird for trying.

This isn't what I was looking for, but I thought I'd bump it anyway.

beast23
04-27-2005, 12:13 PM

I'd imagine the mid-level exception in two years is more than the Pacers would have to pay to get him.Whoa.

Dale is a FREE AGENT after the playoffs. He was bought out of his current contract so that he could be waived.

We signed him through the end of the season only.

Ragnar
04-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Whoa.

Dale is a FREE AGENT after the playoffs. He was bought out of his current contract so that he could be waived.

This is an old thread from before he was traded and cut.

ChicagoJ
04-27-2005, 12:23 PM
This is an old thread from before he was traded and cut.

Specifically, this was from *last season's* deadline, before DD was even traded to the Warriors.

Hoop
04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Whoa.

That's the info I have too. His salary still being paid by New Orleans is $1,108,536. His salary from the Pacers is $403,333 and he is NOT signed for next season.

beast23
04-27-2005, 01:29 PM
What's up with you guys, anyway?

You have nothing better to do than to test my eyesight and develop my character?

Keep bumping these old threads. I'm sure that I can manage to make an *** out of myself on a daily basis. But, some of you would say I don't need old threads to do that, right?

:)

Hoop
04-27-2005, 09:29 PM
I didn't even notice this thread was that old. :hmm:

Darn, I just bumped it again. :blush: