PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting their hopes up about Thinder after this game?

Ragnar
02-20-2004, 11:19 PM
I have to tell you the way he played tonight was enought to star getting me thinking about what he could bring. I thought he should have been in more.

There was actually a time when I was saying pass it to bender and believe me that is the first time I have ever uttered those words.

I dont think I will get my hopes up to high but man if could contribute. :drooling:

sixthman
02-20-2004, 11:31 PM
He'll contribute. It's a matter of how much this year. He still is green as grass.

To me his defense looks as improved as his offense. I've always been a Bender fan, but being honest, we'll have to see if he continues to improve. I think he will.

Shade
02-20-2004, 11:37 PM
I've been on the bandwagon since Day 1, so I don't know if I could expect more of him after this game than I did before.

Unclebuck
02-20-2004, 11:57 PM
I've been one of Bender biggest supporters and I have never wavered in my support of him, he needs to get and stay healthy and get consistant minutes.

Bender can do something that several other Pacer players cannot, he can make shots. Almost no matter who guards Bender it is a mismatch

Suaveness
02-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Not convinced. Sorry. He played a good game, and I will give him his props for that. But until he starts playing like this consistantly for a long time WITHOUT getting injured, I won't join the bandwagon.

beast23
02-21-2004, 12:15 AM
I've dogged Bender amost since day 1. But, I will admit that I liked the game that he played tonight.

And it had nothing to do with points. He's a streaky shooter that on occassion is capable of scoring points in bunches. That's his value right now, and that's the easy part.

But tonight I saw him explode on cuts into the lane, and saw him maintain fairly good position defensively on his man. I even saw him screening for other players a couple of times.

Regardless of whether he scores 20 points, or doesn't even score at all, these are the things that he absolutely must do every single game. It is far more important for him to show consistency in those areas than in the points that he scores.

With Artest's injury, I think Bender will get his chance closing out the regular season. He and Croshere have probably become the two most critical players on this team, because suddenly it is a must that they both step up their games and contribute off the bench.

With the opportunity though, comes a certain risk to Bender. If he can stay healthy, he'll probably see 15 or more minutes per game. And if he does, and still does not produce, I don't think the Pacers will hold him until next season. In other words, his opportunity is NOW, not later. It's time to produce or get off the pot.

Bball
02-21-2004, 04:21 AM
I've dogged Bender amost since day 1. But, I will admit that I liked the game that he played tonight.

And it had nothing to do with points. He's a streaky shooter that on occassion is capable of scoring points in bunches. That's his value right now, and that's the easy part.

But tonight I saw him explode on cuts into the lane, and saw him maintain fairly good position defensively on his man. I even saw him screening for other players a couple of times.

Regardless of whether he scores 20 points, or doesn't even score at all, these are the things that he absolutely must do every single game. It is far more important for him to show consistency in those areas than in the points that he scores.

With Artest's injury, I think Bender will get his chance closing out the regular season. He and Croshere have probably become the two most critical players on this team, because suddenly it is a must that they both step up their games and contribute off the bench.

With the opportunity though, comes a certain risk to Bender. If he can stay healthy, he'll probably see 15 or more minutes per game. And if he does, and still does not produce, I don't think the Pacers will hold him until next season. In other words, his opportunity is NOW, not later. It's time to produce or get off the pot.

Yip....
:cheers:

-Bball

indygeezer
02-21-2004, 08:11 AM
<I have always been a closet Bender fan, silently hoping he'd prove all the haters wrong and DW right>

Everything I have said about this team and DW is aboslutely wrong and I am a stupid moron...if Bender decides he CAN play like Kevin Garnett.

Did I just utter an incredibly stupid comment? Don't think so. I recognize Thinder has a Loooong way to go, but I watched the Minny game last night. Same build same outside shot/inside presence. Rebounding and defense too. Bender needs to do it on a consistant basis, but there have been flashes. There have also been falshes of Dudley Bradley from him.

So, will the real Jonathan Bender please stand up?

I'm still hoping I have to eat a lot of crow at the end o f the season.

able
02-21-2004, 10:39 AM
well if this is what he can do, then welcome to the finals.

JB showed us something that he has rarely done in a game, but seemingly a lot in practise, finally?

Slick was impressed, I was impressed, let's hope he can do it every night from now on and a bit more.

and talking about "elevation":

http://www.able-towers.com/game55_gallery3_0304.jpg

indygeezer
02-21-2004, 10:46 AM
oh shi......

sixthman
02-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Slick was impressed, I was impressed, let's hope he can do it every night from now on and a bit more.

and talking about "elevation":

Slick was impressed? Great. What did he have to say exactly?