PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news in the 2nd half of the Pistons/TWolves game....

BostonConnection
02-20-2004, 09:24 PM
...ESPN just reported that the league told Larry Brown that Rasheed and Mike James will not be allowed to play in the 2nd half of Detroit's game tonight. Something about 'agent certification'. More to come... :confused:

zxc
02-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Maybe one of the guys failed their physicals on the other teams. Imagine if the trade got voided after all that? Would kill the pistons. Doubt we could be so lucky though..

Ryan
02-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Looks like its agent related and not physical.

BostonConnection
02-20-2004, 09:35 PM
ESPN says that it doesn't have to do with players failing their physicals... :hmm:

zxc
02-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Ah well, I can dream :(

"agent certification" though? Wierd.

Shade
02-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Apparently, some paperwork was not turned into the league office by a deadline, so Sheed and James have to sit right now.

Unclebuck
02-20-2004, 09:44 PM
I just heard on ESPN, that a little known rule regarding agents will not allow Sheed to stay with the Pistons something about a players agent not being certified, better yet, Sheed must go without delay to the Pacers.

Shade
02-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I just heard on ESPN, that a little known rule regarding agents will not allow Sheed to stay with the Pistons something about a players agent not being certified, better yet, Sheed must go without delay to the Pacers.

:devil:

Shade
02-20-2004, 10:05 PM
So, Wallace and James were never cleared to play. Wow. Wonder what will become of all this? Anything? :whoknows:

Southside_Pacer
02-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Did I just hear Piston fans chanting we want Rasheed?

What I don't understand is why somebody just doesn't make an announcement about it to the fans. :whoknows:

Shade
02-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Wolves win by 1. :o

Suaveness
02-20-2004, 10:55 PM
That was a close game. Detroit was hanging tough with Minny...not bad at all

Of course, WE beat them :devil:

Kstat
02-20-2004, 11:40 PM
For the second game in a row between these two teams, the better club lost :mad:

Thanks a bunch Stern. :unimpressed:

Cactus Jax
02-21-2004, 02:02 AM
For the second game in a row between these two teams, the better club lost :mad:

Sorry I totally disagree with this statement. Minnesota had a sizeable lead throughout the entire game, with Detroit making a desperation rally at the end only to have it fall short. Also Minnesota got SCREWED on a point there at the end with the off the ball foul rule not implimented. It was just the Memphis game in Detroit; were they the better team for the whole game Kstat or were they for just the last couple minutes?

Kstat
02-21-2004, 02:08 AM

Sorry I totally disagree with this statement. Minnesota had a sizeable lead throughout the entire game, with Detroit making a desperation rally at the end only to have it fall short. Also Minnesota got SCREWED on a point there at the end with the off the ball foul rule not implimented. It was just the Memphis game in Detroit; were they the better team for the whole game Kstat or were they for just the last couple minutes?

They were better at the point where Rasheed Wallace and our ONLY backup guard were taken out of the game by our awesome commissioner.....it wasnt even our fault. Boston was tardy with their damn paperwork. Bah.

Im not disputing that they outplayed the squad that we had out there in the 2nd half. I just think with James and Rasheed we'd have won the game.

indygeezer
02-21-2004, 07:51 AM
I was reading the ESPN account of the debacle trade and found this KG quote, I don't like it and I disagree wholeheartedly...

" Kevin Garnett had 25 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Timberwolves to their fifth straight victory, then he raved about Wallace and what he can do for the Pistons.

"Take it from the guy that has played against him for six or seven years, he gives them a big and different dimension," Garnett said. "This team is one of the best teams in the NBA, not just the East. They're coming out of the East."
+++++

So...why didn't he make Portland a better team.

skyfire
02-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Cause rasheed never wanted to be the go-to guy. Its alot easier to be 2nd or 3rd option on offense than number 1.

bulletproof
02-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Im not disputing that they outplayed the squad that we had out there in the 2nd half. I just think with James and Rasheed we'd have won the game.

I'll have to remember to use this one somewhere down the road:

I'm not disputing that they outplayed the squad that we had out there in the 2nd half. I just think with Artest and __________ we'd have won the game.

Kstat
02-21-2004, 03:46 PM

I'll have to remember to use this one somewhere down the road:

I'm not disputing that they outplayed the squad that we had out there in the 2nd half. I just think with Artest and __________ we'd have won the game.

I agree %100. If David Stern calls at halftime and personally removes Ron Artest from the game, you have every right to say that. ;)