PDA

View Full Version : [ot] Do Not Adjust Your Televisions

Hicks
02-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm playing around with the color scheme right now, so no, there's no glitch on this end or yours. :)

Natston
02-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Blue quotes and blue Go buttons as of right now!! :o

Hicks
02-20-2004, 01:26 AM

Yeah, I purposely did the quotes that way. Unfortunately telling it to do that also tells it to change the go buttons. Not sure if I'll stick with it or not.

Natston
02-20-2004, 01:43 AM

Yeah, I purposely did the quotes that way. Unfortunately telling it to do that also tells it to change the go buttons. Not sure if I'll stick with it or not.

I wonder if UB will love the trail of blue and gold quotes... :uhoh:

Kegboy
02-20-2004, 01:57 AM

Problem is, CODE is now black text on blue background, which makes it unreadable. I came across some really funny statistics, but I need to CODE them to show comparisons. I assume you just need to change CODE text to gold.

Hicks
02-20-2004, 01:59 AM

Problem is, CODE is now black text on blue background, which makes it unreadable. I came across some really funny statistics, but I need to CODE them to show comparisons. I assume you just need to change CODE text to gold.

Yeah, I can "try". Meaning I know what to switch, but won't know until I try if it will effect any other text or not. I'll go switch it now, and you let me know ASAP 'cause I'm going to sign off for the night pretty soon.

Hicks
02-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Well, I tested it myself and it seemed to work all right. So now code is gold, too.

indygeezer
02-20-2004, 10:17 AM
I still cannot read the Preview/Submit buttons and a few of the others I have nop idea what they are.

I kinda liked the gold border yesterday.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2004, 12:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of this particular color combination for the quotes. Just my :twocents: .

Hicks
02-20-2004, 05:26 PM

I'm not a big fan of this particular color combination for the quotes. Just my :twocents: .

What do you think would work (besides the obvious answer of what it has been)? I'm open to trying suggestions.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2004, 05:34 PM

What do you think would work (besides the obvious answer of what it has been)? I'm open to trying suggestions.

Can you flip the blue and gold? What's bothering me is the black type on the blue background. Can't see who's 'responsible' for the nested quotes.

Bball
02-20-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm playing around with the color scheme right now, so no, there's no glitch on this end or yours. :)

The submit and preview buttons (and some others are yunreadable here). I was about to go searching for new video card drivers ;)

Quoted text looks fine to me... tho it looked fine before too.....

Bball

Hicks
02-20-2004, 06:15 PM

Can you flip the blue and gold? What's bothering me is the black type on the blue background. Can't see who's 'responsible' for the nested quotes.

Hmm. That would also make the submit/preview buttons easier to read again. Good idea. *goes off to try it*

Hicks
02-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey, not bad! :)

Hicks
02-20-2004, 06:21 PM
Now the thing is, the blue text is almost pointless as is and would be easier to read in black.

But before that happens, I may try going the other way and making it more ABA-Pacer blue, to brighten it up. May work, may not work.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2004, 06:26 PM
You're definitely on the right track.

But I'm such a Pacers dork that I always configure my "windows" color scheme to navy blue and gold. :blush:

Kegboy
02-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Now the thing is, the blue text is almost pointless as is and would be easier to read in black.

But before that happens, I may try going the other way and making it more ABA-Pacer blue, to brighten it up. May work, may not work.

I like it.

Hicks
02-20-2004, 06:31 PM

I like it.

As is with the almost purplish-blue? It's the same blue I was using the other way earlier.

Think I should try a more "blue" blue (thinking maybe the retro-jersey blue)?

I suppose there's always black. :(

Unclebuck
02-21-2004, 01:43 PM
I like the new color scheme. I held off commenting until now because I figured you would tinker with it a few times. Did not want to complain as I see I have a reputation for complaining about the color schemes :laugh:

Hicks
02-21-2004, 02:03 PM
I like the new color scheme. I held off commenting until now because I figured you would tinker with it a few times. Did not want to complain as I see I have a reputation for complaining about the color schemes :laugh:

:laugh: You do, don't you?

I guess we did switch back to orange links because of you and how the blue "hurt your eyes" :D

Also, did anyone even notice that I switched the grey border of the whole page with a light blue?

Unclebuck
02-22-2004, 11:06 AM
:laugh: You do, don't you?

I guess we did switch back to orange links because of you and how the blue "hurt your eyes" :D

Also, did anyone even notice that I switched the grey border of the whole page with a light blue?

I guess when you hit your mid 30's you get a little cranky

Doug
02-22-2004, 11:12 AM
I like the new quotes. A lot.

Hicks
02-22-2004, 11:19 AM
I like the new quotes. A lot.

Cool. :cool2:

Now make this place better by adding RoboDoug! :soapbox: :D

Seriously though, any progress on "Guess the Score" for this place?

SycamoreKen
02-22-2004, 02:32 PM
The blue background is too dark for my taste. The yellow reply boxes in the other layout are cool though. Some of the Emoticons don't stand out as well against the blue background. At least we still have the sub-silver option. :dance: :carrot: :apple:

Hicks
02-22-2004, 03:32 PM
The blue background is too dark for my taste. The yellow reply boxes in the other layout are cool though. Some of the Emoticons don't stand out as well against the blue background. At least we still have the sub-silver option. :dance: :carrot: :apple:

Huh?

This IS subsilver I'm talking about? Are you using that other one? That's just something I was messing around with and didn't bother to tell anyone about because it's not finished. Probably never will be. I think we all use subsilver, not "Pacers Digest", as I called it.

Doug
02-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Seriously though, any progress on "Guess the Score" for this place?
Not since the last update.

I'll get it done. Eventually. Just not sure when.