PDA

View Full Version : Early morning report from Pacer.com says NOPE

indygeezer
02-19-2004, 08:41 AM
In an early morning posting on the Pacer website they pretty much re-state what they have said before. The differance is, this is being posted early in the day, unusual for the time. I guess they wanna sconch the speculation early today.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/news_deadline_040219.html

(BTW...checking numerous other websites, it appears that everyone is realizing the speculation is just that).

I know we need help and I am FOR us getting help...but if we don't I'll still back the P's...but I KNOW we can't get as far and I wonder if we can even get to the ECF without help now.

naptownmenace
02-19-2004, 08:53 AM
I think that they (DW and Bird) are reluctant to make a trade but nothing in that article said that there couldn't be a trade today.

"We like our team. We’re not looking to change our team but, on the other hand, if somebody calls us up and offers something we have to look at, we’ll look at it," Walsh said. "It’s not like we’re making a proclamation that we’ll never change this team. We’re saying we don’t think we have to change this team. It’s a good team. Everybody’s on the same page and doing the right things, and we have a good enough team to win with."

That's still pretty non-committal if you ask me. Besides, we all know that DW is a master of double-talk.

rabid
02-19-2004, 09:34 AM
That was actually already posted late last evening.

Hicks
02-19-2004, 09:35 AM
I think it's silly how they post these the day before. Save it for past the deadline, guys. (Refering to Pacers.com and Montieth)

I bet they had crap like this two years ago, too.

Harddrive7
02-19-2004, 09:47 AM
I think it's silly how they post these the day before. Save it for past the deadline, guys. (Refering to Pacers.com and Montieth)

I bet they had crap like this two years ago, too.

Nah, a couple of years ago there was a lot more chatter than this. I think everyone knew something was in the works.

This is stupid quiet. Something has to be done to address the interior of this team if we are to make any noise in the playoffs.