View Full Version : Get Peck the SMELLING SALTS...QUICK!!!

02-18-2004, 10:25 PM
DD and Randolph both missed tonights shootaround and now read this:

<EDIT> Just checked...DAVIS is the one with the trade kicker so how much this guy understands...but their GM does do a lot of talking on FAN from what I've seen in past.

02-18-2004, 10:29 PM
That would be nice. Think we definitely need some kind of trade if we are gonna do things in the playoffs. Would prefer to improve the guards though..

02-18-2004, 10:35 PM
I dont think Fred or Scot is leaving.

Fred just won the dunk contest, so that's totally unethical to trade him. :laugh:

and Scot is just warming up to our team.

02-18-2004, 10:47 PM
No to trading Fred, yes to getting Dale. Please. :)

02-18-2004, 10:54 PM
No to trading Fred, yes to getting Dale. Please. :)

That's just the thing. It doesn't work without him, since they won't trade Dale to us unless they can unload Ruben too. :whoknows:

I dunno beantown, they seem pretty fed-up with DD, and Cro's salary isn't that far off from Dale's. They might take Cro and the exemption for DD??? Nah we'd NEVER increase salary for DD, we might for a really top flight player but DD?

Aw Heck
02-18-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't think Portland takes Cro without hometown Freddie. I really like Freddie too and would hate to see him go. But hypothetically AJ could replace Fred as Reggie's backup, while Kenny becomes Tinsley's backup.

Even after considering that, I don't like the trade. I don't think Dale right now is worth both Freddie's D and Croshere's hustle and shooting. But if the P's can't get Damp/Speedy, I think you have to seriously consider it.

02-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Hmmmm NO

We seem to forget why and how he left, I fail to see a way for DW to take him back now, for what? so he can go of in another huffenpuff because he's undervalued?

That trade is as really possible as me having a drink with Hale tonight and considering she is "states" side and I'm in London, that's impossible.