PDA

View Full Version : Not Good, Colts will not have Morris Sunday

Diamond Dave
01-04-2005, 02:11 PM
ESPN insider is reporting that Rob Morris will not play against the Broncos.

Morris has suffered a concussion in the past two games. Morris wants to play but the team doctors are not going to let him.

I know many fans feel Morris has always been a dissappointment, however I have always felt that he is underrated.

Especially this year since he has been making the big plays. Ex: 4th and 1 stops on Fred Taylor and interceptions like the one against San Deigo.

Also he is the captain of what has been the best Colts defense in several years.

This is real scary. Not having your middle linebacker against a strong running team is horribly dangerous.

It reminds me of when the Titans came to the Dome and we were without Cornelius Bennet who had been a strong player for us that year. Eddie George ran all over us and eventually put the nail in the coffin when he broke that huge run up the middle.

I was at that game. Heart wrenching to hear what seemed like the whole dome chanting "Ed-die, Ed-die".

Diamond Dave
01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
bump--okay maybe it is just me who thinks this could spell catastrophe for the Colts

Hicks
01-04-2005, 02:49 PM
It's not good; but are the Broncos that much of a threat?

realtyczar
01-04-2005, 03:21 PM
bump--okay maybe it is just me who thinks this could spell catastrophe for the Colts
I think it is more imporatant that we have the Bob "Hitman" Sanders back. I like Rawb, but I think with the "Hitman" back in the lineup, we will be alright. however, It IS important for him to be back by New England!

Diamond Dave
01-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Well the thing about the Broncos is this. Their offensive line is great always has been for nearly the past decade.

If you are a running back and want to be a star find a way to Denver. Ever since Terrel Davis that line has made a star out of several backs such as Clinton Portis, Reubon Droughnes, and several others whose names escape me as once they left Denver their careers took a nose dive.

I am pretty confident that me and you could rush for 100 yards behind that line.

Plummer is a gun-slinger. Throws for lots of yards and interceptions. Not neccessarily the way I want my QB to play but he has the advantage of having that consistent run game.

The Colts have been way above average defending the run this year, it isn't until our crappy secondary starts giving up big plays and forcing the linebackers to play back that other teams can run on us.

All and all the Broncos will still be the worst team we face in the playoffs. Still this is the AFC and there is no team that can be pushed over or not viewed as a threat. I would say that if there was one team that the Colts really really needed Rob Morris against it would be the Broncos.

We'll see how things turn out, but I think this Sunday just became a much more difficult and close game.

Diamond Dave
01-04-2005, 03:34 PM
I think it is more imporatant that we have the Bob "Hitman" Sanders back. I like Rawb, but I think with the "Hitman" back in the lineup, we will be alright. however, It IS important for him to be back by New England!

I also am over-whelmed with joy to have Bob back. Still I think that Sanders will have much more use against New England than Denver.

The Pats beat teams with little 5 and 7 yard routes. Even with Dillon their offense is still pass oriented. Denver is a rush first offense. Sanders is our secret weapon against the Pats this year. He is the fastest closing safety I have seen this year or in a long time period.

I feel that New England will have a much harder time getting first downs on us this year as Big Bob will be able to close the gap really fast and not allow the New England to get any yardage after the catch. This will force New England to run which we will win against or pass deep which is the area in which we could get burned. Jason David has good promise but gives up a lot of crucial plays. Von Hutchins is the same way.

Still I feel we need Morris for Denver more than any other team. Save for maybe the Steelers, but getting past the Pats in Foxboro is unlikely.