TwolvesDen
12-30-2004, 05:55 PM
We are getting the best NBA Fansites together to discuss the new NBA
Fansite Network project we are doing...drop by the thread to voice your
input.

-Jason

able
12-30-2004, 07:14 PM
OK, you pm'd every admin on this board, you posted the same story in several places now and in the end all you are looking for is visitors for the bobcats board, to raise the tally and make a few bucks.

This site is for FANS, not admins or others to make money, Please stop spamming your forum.

thank you

TwolvesDen
02-27-2005, 04:20 PM
No there is absolutely no money involved. All I wanted to do was let you know that you were selected as the Pacers Site for the upcoming NBA Fansites Network. If you are interested then great. We are currently working on a Main page. If not then good luck w. your site, but there is no money involved.

Hicks
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I remember looking into this, last I knew there was no money involved, rather this site is supposed to be about providing a direct channel from their stie to the best forum of every NBA team, and it seems they've picked PD to represent the Pacers. If that's all there is to it, I approve, but if I'm expected to advertise for the fan site, money or not, I'm not interested.

I didn't see this until now, because I never got a PM.

able
03-03-2005, 07:43 AM
LOL I'm sure you did, but it's unimportant, I went to check it out to, just like you did last time, and read what was clearly the idea behind it all, a statement on how to design the site so advetisers would like it nad how the previous site had made nice money that way, that's when I immediately dismissed it all.

If there's to be advertising on "co-linked" sites other then the commercial ones we link to, then I'd like the privilege to have the advertisement :D

You even posted on their board if I remember well.

You stated that "a link would be fine" but that you would not have your design changed or or other changes nor would you set your frontpage to make their site the portal (this is from memory)

able
03-04-2005, 05:50 AM
You posted on that site on Jan 2nd 2005, the post that talks about sponsorship (while in another he is talking about hiding the domain name for now because of syndication and $$$) is this :

http://bobcatsfans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6984

We also need a centralized content management system. The forums will help (using xml to distribute "latest discussion") on demand... we can set that up via javascript and you won't have to touch anything during the course of the season.

This will also be very attractive to advertisers as well.

In short what his/their idea is; to attract advertisers by "creating" a site that "thrives" on all the volunteerwork out there and make a nice $$ out of it.

WIth his average of 4 bobcat users on a forum he will not get that revenue, the highest number of users ever online there is less then the average number of users on this forum (average online number of users).

Hicks
03-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Ah good find. PD is no longer involved in this in that case.

TwolvesDen
03-06-2005, 04:58 PM
The sponsorship was all to get it going w/ a host ... now it is all free no money involved -- we are voting on a logo now, I hope to see you guys there.