PDA

View Full Version : Should the NFL re-align?

realtyczar
12-28-2004, 07:36 PM
This has been on my mind for the past 2 years. We are going to have 8-8 teams in the NFC make the playoffs while 10-6 teams in the AFC go home. Should the NFL and Owners re-align to get more parity, or should they just leave things as they are?

AND if they do realign, what teams go where?

I have to give credit to pacerfan2425 for this question.

riverside
12-28-2004, 07:53 PM
There was no realignment when the NFC won the SB thirteen years straight (85-97). Since then the AFC has won 5 of 7. I think things are balancing out nicely.

bertjones
12-28-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't think you re-align in order to anticpate winning records.
These things are always shifting, it wasn't that long ago when the
NFC was running roughshod over the AFC.

riverside
12-28-2004, 08:07 PM
The AFC has even taken 3 of the 4 most recent expansion teams.

Jacksonville
Houston
Cleveland

And the AFC gave up power house Seattle to the NFC. :D

Lord Helmet
12-28-2004, 09:27 PM
This has been on my mind for the past 2 years. We are going to have 8-8 teams in the NFC make the playoffs while 10-6 teams in the AFC go home. Should the NFL and Owners re-align to get more parity, or should they just leave things as they are?

AND if they do realign, what teams go where?

I have to give credit to pacerfan2425 for this question. Thanks :) Well from what riverside has said I guess no.But if they had to then we should take some of the Wild card teams and the WC hopefulls like Denver,Buffalo maybe put them in the NFC.But then that just wouldn't seem right.I guess the NFC just needs to get better.BTW it is nice to always have people in the Colts board.It used to be dead all the time. (Except on gameday)Seeing more threads is nice.We need more good quality posters from IS.

canyoufeelit
12-29-2004, 02:13 AM
Things will work out. There are a lot of factors as to why the NFC sucks this year, my best example being Carolina being dinged up, they would be a 13 win team normally...

NFC teams are losing a lot of close games to AFC teams, too

realtyczar
12-29-2004, 12:38 PM
It's been 30+ years, but what would happen if the Colts went back to the NFC? Would we have a perfect season, and the guys would have more Super Bowl Rings than fingers? Just a thought.