PDA

View Full Version : The "Welcome New People" thread.

Hicks
12-27-2004, 03:14 PM
The Colts board at IndyStar is going through now what we went through a year and a half ago on the Pacers board, trolls, bad admins, etc.

So I extended an offer for their posters to try our forum instead because we will ban any trolls that try to follow them, and obviously we handle things better than the IS admins do.

That thread is here: http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1122432

This thread is where we can welcome any and all people from IS who give us a try.

:welcome:

Hicks
12-27-2004, 03:18 PM
I hope some give us a try; I think this will take off when a few take the plunge; we have good posters, but just not many that post here yet (they tend to stay over on Pacers)

obnoxiousmodesty
12-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I post every so often (under a different username) in the IS Colts forum and read there every day. There are very good Colts fans in that forum, and I hope they take the opportunity to add to the number of Colts fans here.

Lord Helmet
12-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah hopefully some of the smart posters on that Colts board will make it over.We need more people for the game threads.But it seems to me that a lot of them like screwing around with the trolls.

realtyczar
12-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Yeah hopefully some of the smart posters on that Colts board will make it over.We need more people for the game threads.But it seems to me that a lot of them like screwing around with the trolls.
As I got banned from the "other" board yesterday, I am relieved that there is another outlet to talk about the Colts and Pacers. Oh, I promise NEVER to tell a troll to, eat something them die! 'czar.

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:01 PM
As I got banned from the "other" board yesterday, I am relieved that there is another outlet to talk about the Colts and Pacers. Oh, I promise NEVER to tell a troll to, eat something them die! 'czar.Ah...the "infamous" realtyczar. Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel. The exact same thing happened to me.

Hicks
12-27-2004, 06:03 PM

missi
12-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Hi guys. I'm sick of the trolls so I decided to give this forum a try.

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM

Hicks
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Welcome, missi. :)

realtyczar
12-27-2004, 06:18 PM
HI!!! I am SO glad that you have come too! I would miss talking with you. :D

missi
12-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys. I started posting on the IRL and NASCAR forums about 1 1/2 years ago but the IRL forum was completely taken over by trolls and idiots. I quit posting on the racing forums but moved to the Colts and Pacer boards, and now they are being taken over by trolls and idiots.

I had a busy weekend....Pacer game Saturday and Colts game Sunday. The tailgate party started at dawn yesterday. :D

byetimmy
12-27-2004, 06:25 PM
OK, I'll give this place a shot. We'll see how active it gets.

BTW, am I the first non-Colts fan to register here? who-hoo!

Go Pats!

missi
12-27-2004, 06:25 PM
I don't understand why the Colts trolls have stuck around so long on that other board. Usually trolls leave when the team they are trolling wins. :confused:

It's just really annoying to those of us who want to discuss our teams.

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:30 PM
I don't understand why the Colts trolls have stuck around so long on that other board. Usually trolls leave when the team they are trolling wins. :confused:

It's just really annoying to those of us who want to discuss our teams.
I still pop over to IS once in a great while to poke the trolls (it's fun sometimes), but do all of my SERIOUS posting here. ;)

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Go Pats!
Where would you like them to go? :plot: :devil:

:welcome:, btw. ;)

byetimmy
12-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Where would you like them to go? :plot: :devil:

:welcome:, btw. ;)

Jacksonville, of course.

(too easy) :D

obnoxiousmodesty
12-27-2004, 06:36 PM
I know we also have some Steelers fans and a Vikings fan who post here regularly too. The more the merrier.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I can't wait 'til the Colts take on the Pats again.

:crystalba :goponies: :crystalba

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Jacksonville, of course.

(too easy) :DWell, that's kinda close to hell... :eyebrow:

P/C/B FanInHI
12-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Figured I'd join too.

This board has the same software as IndyStar, no?

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Figured I'd join too.

Yes. But only 7 seconds between postings, no character limit, and about a million times more smilies. :dance:

realtyczar
12-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Figured I'd join too.

Actually better. You can have a avatar and better smileys! :laugh:

byetimmy
12-27-2004, 06:45 PM
I know we also have some Steelers fans and a Vikings fan who post here regularly too. The more the merrier.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I can't wait 'til the Colts take on the Pats again.

:crystalba :goponies: :crystalba

Well, I think everyone is coming to the conclusion that the Pats and Colts are on a collision course again this year. It should be an epic battle once again.

byetimmy
12-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Yes. But only 7 seconds between postings, no character limit, and about a million times more smilies. :dance:

OOOHHHHH NNOOOOOOO.... Not the dancing banana!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's it, I'm outta here.

JK :D

travmil
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, I registered here a month or two ago, and given the situation at the RATS I'm ready to try the switch full time on both the Pacers and Colts forums. I'm actually surprised that I didn't get banned from there last night for coming to czar's defense. I'm not a friend of czar's and only know him from posting at the RATS, but I know that he was one of the best contributors over there. Seeing him get banned while the rest of those trolls ran wild was too much for me to take. I know BULLHOCKEY when I see it. :D

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:50 PM
OOOHHHHH NNOOOOOOO.... Not the dancing banana!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's it, I'm outta here.

JK :DIf you think THAT'S something, check out... :bananadan

It's almost mesmerizing... :drool: :jawdrop:

byetimmy
12-27-2004, 06:50 PM
If you think THAT'S something, check out... :bananadan

MY EYES!!!! IT BURNS! IT BURNS.........

realtyczar
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
If you think THAT'S something, check out... :bananadan

It's almost mesmerizing... :drool: :jawdrop:
Dancing banana! Now I know I'm home! :buddies:

Shade
12-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Well, I registered here a month or two ago, and given the situation at the RATS I'm ready to try the switch full time on both the Pacers and Colts forums. I'm actually surprised that I didn't get banned from there last night for coming to czar's defense. I'm not a friend of czar's and only know him from posting at the RATS, but I know that he was one of the best contributors over there. Seeing him get banned while the rest of those trolls ran wild was too much for me to take. I know BULLHOCKEY when I see it. :DMe too. :devil:

http://kumla.us/pics/tjur223-293.jpg

riverside
12-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Thank you for the invite & the welcome. Time to get work trolling. :-p

PacersColtsfan
12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
I'm tired of the trolls also and decided to come here to give it a try. Looks great so far without the obnoxious posts!

Hicks
12-27-2004, 08:02 PM
:welcome: Everybody!

realtyczar
12-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I got my answer. I promise NOT to use any of this language here!

Your account was prohibited from posting after the following was brought to
our attention:

Why so quiet you f'ing troll!!! Colts just shut you the F*** up!?!

Our terms of service clearly prohibit the posting of profanity and this is a
blatant violation. Your account will not be reinstated.

It looks like mb02135 got the last laugh on me.

Shade
12-27-2004, 08:21 PM

our attention:

Well, at least they gave you a fast, valid response on your banning. I was ignored three times before I finally threatened them with a lawsuit for discrimination. THEN they were eager to talk. :rolleyes:

byetimmy
12-27-2004, 08:23 PM

our attention:

WOW, that's what got you banned??!!!??? That is pretty lame.

realtyczar
12-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Well, at least they gave you a fast, valid response on your banning. I was ignored three times before I finally threatened them with a lawsuit for discrimination. THEN they were eager to talk. :rolleyes:
If I know that is what I was going to get banned for, I woudn't have used the '*'. :laugh:

bertjones
12-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi, thought I'd check this place out. BTW, Czar, I thought you
got screwed and said so several times on the forum. :) :D

Hicks
12-27-2004, 08:30 PM

Shade
12-27-2004, 08:31 PM
^^^^^
Poor guy's gotta be gettin' tired by now. :laugh:

Lord Helmet
12-27-2004, 08:44 PM
:welcome: Everyone! Man the IS forums are total BS.I am registered at IS with this same username but I most of the time only post when PD is down lol.

P/C/B FanInHI
12-27-2004, 08:58 PM

our attention:

What's interesting is that your username isn't even on the user list anymore on IndyStar. It's like 1984....you never existed.

Natston
12-27-2004, 08:59 PM
I knew there was something goin' on when it said that there were 8 people in the Colts section... :laugh:

missi
12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Now the thread about why 'czar was banned is gone. :confused:

Why would they pull that thread?

Shade
12-27-2004, 09:13 PM
What's interesting is that your username isn't even on the user list anymore on IndyStar. It's like 1984....you never existed.
That happened to my original username too. I tried to reregister with it and it said it was already registered, even though it's no longer there. :hmm:

Hell, my OLD username from about five years ago is supposedly "registered" too, but isn't in the member's list. :rolleyes:

riverside
12-27-2004, 09:16 PM
I imagine they moved you to a 'banned' usergroup that is set not to show on the members list.

Hicks
12-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Just a reminder to new guys/gals, we have an arcade section here whenever you're in the mood for it.

You can access it either by clicking "Arcade" at the top of each page, or here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/arcade.php?

Natston
12-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Just a reminder to new guys/gals, we have an arcade section here whenever you're in the mood for it.

You can access it either by clicking "Arcade" at the top of each page, or here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/arcade.php?

Quit pimping your site... sheesh...
:rolleyes:

Lord Helmet
12-27-2004, 09:41 PM
:rolleyes: :laugh:

Speedblue
12-27-2004, 09:53 PM
I have been a member of IS since Oct '03 then re-registered under a new moniker. in Nov '04. Unforunately the IS board is becoming a mud slinging fest. Talking smack is fun occasionally, but lately; there seems be much more than I can bear. Thanks for the invitation. BTW love the beer buddy smiley. :buddies: :D

Shade
12-27-2004, 10:25 PM
:rolleyes:
Hey, it's no worse than me pimping your mom. :devil:

Lord Helmet
12-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey, it's no worse than me pimping your mom. :devil: That was just Cold.......Blooded :laugh:

realtyczar
12-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Now the thread about why 'czar was banned is gone. :confused:

Why would they pull that thread?
They erase every part of my existance. It was like I was never there. Spooky!

P/C/B FanInHI
12-27-2004, 10:48 PM
They erase every part of my existance. It was like I was never there. Spooky!

Yeah, well, you know.....those dumb Hicky Hoosiers won't know the difference....

Hey! Why isn't there a Purdue smiley???? I demand answers!!!

Hicks
12-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Because you're the first one to ever ask. :D

If you can find me a good Purdue smilie/image that's of the same size as the Hoosiers one and the NBA ones, I'll add it.

obnoxiousmodesty
12-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Because you're the first one to ever ask. :D

If you can find me a good Purdue smilie/image that's of the same size as the Hoosiers one and the NBA ones, I'll add it.
I always knew this day would come... :cry:

Shade
12-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Yeah, well, you know.....those dumb Hicky Hoosiers won't know the difference....

Because they suck. :p

PacersColtsfan
12-28-2004, 03:22 AM
Remember who the editor is....Kravitz. 'nough said. He has wrote how he hates the Pacers and Colts many times(ok almost everytime he turns on his laptop). I'm beginning to think that if you support the home team you have a big target on you while the trolls have free run. Just goes to show why I don't subscribe to the Star.

missi
12-28-2004, 10:24 AM

The smilies are awesome. :happydanc :pepper:

missi
12-28-2004, 10:37 AM

Although some of your posts remain. It just says "member" under your screenname instead of "registered user."

able
12-28-2004, 12:56 PM
As host and recently grown colts fan ( still pacers first though ) I welcome you to the boards as well, if there are tech difficulties don't hesitate to pm me or email me.

missi
12-29-2004, 01:11 PM
What? No more new people to welcome? Time to bump the indystar thread. :)

realtyczar
12-29-2004, 01:26 PM
What? No more new people to welcome? Time to bump the indystar thread. :)
Missi, do you race Legends? You need to think about moving down here. They race year round. I know a lot of guys racing Legends. I even attended their driving school here. (Actually I just sat in on it. It was a gift to my ex-fiancee.)

missi
12-29-2004, 02:55 PM
I've considered both....racing legends as well as moving to NC. I have a friend in Raleigh who keeps trying to talk me into moving down close to her.

Have you ever heard of Salisbury, NC?

realtyczar
12-29-2004, 04:00 PM
I've considered both....racing legends as well as moving to NC. I have a friend in Raleigh who keeps trying to talk me into moving down close to her.

Have you ever heard of Salisbury, NC?
It's about 45 minute drive up I-85. Nice town. This about Harrisburg or Concord. It's in the 600 Racing's backyard where they make the Legend cars. there's a Legends track at Lowes Motor Speedway where they race every Tuesday evening. The they have the World Finals there as well. Actually there are 2 tracks. One on the front pard of the speedway and another out back.

If you ever come down to visit your friend, I can get you a tour of the Legends facility and some of the drivers. All sorts of Legends and racing "things".

The school was taught by Elliot Forbes Robinson. He has won a Bunch of 24 hour of Daytona races, and old sports car racer.

getup
12-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Hello. I thought I'd say hi.

Hi.

realtyczar
12-29-2004, 05:00 PM

Hi.
Hi, and welcome to our happy group. 'czar.

Hicks
12-29-2004, 07:00 PM

Southside_Pacer
12-29-2004, 10:55 PM
I'd love seeing the Colts board at Pacers Digest grow in popularity.

So welcome to all the new guys/gals!

missi
12-29-2004, 11:18 PM

Hi.

Nice to meet you. :)

PacersColtsfan
12-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Howdy from another former IS poster(ok I still post on the IU threads and occasionally a Colts thread).

Hicks
12-30-2004, 01:34 AM

ABADays
12-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Wow - abel's a Colt fan now too! That rocks!

Gyron
12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Next thing you know, Able will be picking a high school in Indy to cheer for too:)

ChicagoJ
01-03-2005, 10:40 PM
OK, I'll give this place a shot. We'll see how active it gets.

BTW, am I the first non-Colts fan to register here? who-hoo!

Go Pats!
MSA2CF and I are the Pacers/ Steelers fans.

I was solidly entrenched as a Steelers fan prior to 1984, when Bob Irsay ripped the Colts out of Baltimore. For a few seconds, I was interested, then Bob walked into the Hoosier Dome and announced, "This isn't your team and its not our team, it's my team." I'd rather cheer for the Rooneys.

JO7MVP
01-16-2005, 01:00 PM
pats win

Lord Helmet
01-16-2005, 01:18 PM
pats win
:confused:

Hicks
01-16-2005, 02:51 PM
pats win

Trolling in your dark hour? Sad.

Hicks
01-16-2005, 02:51 PM
:confused:

That was JONeal7 with a diff. username.

Lord Helmet
01-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I thought JONeal7 was a Colts fan.

Hicks
01-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I thought JONeal7 was a Colts fan.

What part of "He's trolling" do you not understand? ;)

Lord Helmet
01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
What part of "He's trolling" do you not understand? ;)
:laugh:

Natston
01-16-2005, 08:44 PM
He wasn't trolling. :sad: It was Jo7 from the future (hence all the capital letters, he's all grown up :sad: ), and he came to tell us that we were going to lose... :sad: