PDA

View Full Version : Artest misses practice, won't start tonight

zxc
02-17-2004, 05:06 PM
That sucks. Would think he might let it slide because of the all star break but guess that is no excuse. Not a great way to start the second half. Hope it doesn't effect anyones play.

kerosene
02-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Definitely not an excuse. Can't let anything slide. Keep the pattern that is in place. If Artest would've taken the charter flight, I would assume he would've made it to practice. It's not like missed practice for a "bad" reason but still, consistency is a must when dealing with things like this.

Ragnar
02-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Its not like we loose every game when Al starts in place of either Jermaine or Ron. In fact our record is very good.

I dont think it is going to be a big deal at all. Rick is simply being consistent. I doubt highley that Ron will take is personaly or blow up.

waxman
02-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Well lets hope Al brings his defensive shoes tonight... don't need Mashburn getting out to a quick start.

Bball
02-17-2004, 05:18 PM
I tend to hate zero tolerance policies but not in this case. This isn't kicking an 'A' student out of school for having a bottle of aspirin.

The "time fits the crime". It is not starting one game. It is not a lifetime ban.

It is known what happens when you miss practice. It also makes arguments moot in the future "But you let player X start when HE was late????!!!"

Hopefully Artest sees and understands this and doesn't make a big deal out of it himself.

-Bball

Edit: Hmmmmmm what happens if a non starter misses practice?

Unclebuck
02-17-2004, 05:25 PM
This worries me because Mash is a rhythm guy, if he gets into a groove, Ron won't be able to cool him down.

ABADays
02-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Repeat after me "They have to beat us!"

Tim
02-17-2004, 05:32 PM
um, come folks Al can defend. And if Ron started and Mash had the jumper going their is not much Ron can do about it unless he attacks Mash on the other end.

waxman
02-17-2004, 05:51 PM
um, come folks Al can defend. And if Ron started and Mash had the jumper going their is not much Ron can do about it unless he attacks Mash on the other end.

Al can be a stopper... thats why I'm hoping he brings it... defensively tonight. He always solid...but he needs to be more than solid...as UB also pointed out... if Mash gets going, he can carry a team.

On the flip side....It may be to our benefit as well, if we can get some post ups for Al and get Mash in early foul trouble... I guess the tougher match up goes both ways here.

MagicRat
02-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Edit: Hmmmmmm what happens if a non starter misses practice?

My wife asked me this after I told her Jamaal wouldn't start the first time he was late to practice. I still don't know the answer. If Al is late, Cro takes his first turn in the rotation? :whoknows: Monetary penalty? :whoknows:

Mourning
02-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Maybe a "DNP-CD" :confused: Or a first half not playing, maybe.

Regards,

Mourning :cool: