PDA

View Full Version : The Arbitrator's Ruling Surprised Me. I felt...

Bball
12-25-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm trying to create a poll... Let's see if I do this right...

Kegboy
12-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Boy, that "I don't answer polls" is awfully tempting, but no, I was an idiot and thought he'd reduce all the suspensions. :shrug:

ReGgieMiLLeR31
12-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Welll....I thought J.O.'s and Artest's would be reduced but not Stephen Jackson's...so where does that put me?

Will Galen
12-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Boy, that "I don't answer polls" is awfully tempting, but no, I was an idiot and thought he'd reduce all the suspensions. :shrug:

What Kegboy said . . . except I think the idiot was the Arbitrator.

Hicks
12-26-2004, 12:05 AM
I voted for "reduce Jackson and JO", but the more I think about it, I guess I did kind of expect all 3 to get reduced. So you can shift my vote if you want (figuratively; I don't think you can literally).

Bball
12-26-2004, 12:20 AM
I was kind of under the impression, don't know why, that the arbitrator would be more 'player friendly'. But then in reality he should be less biased than anyone.

My answer is I felt all would be reduced with atleast a 50-50 chance (knowing Artest had basically spent a career making his bed so he could have to lie in it)... but I thought certainly SJax and JO would be reduced. I thought JO had a shot, assuming the arbitrator was player friendly, at getting the same 5 that AJ got.... But I thought both JO and Sjax would see 10 or so games off their suspensions.

I kind of expected the arbitrator to come up with something closer to that 30-20-20 suspension that was first floated in the media before the actual suspensions were announced by Stern.... maybe worse than 30 for Artest. Less for JO. 45-20-15 wouldn't have surprised me.

In reality... that is still pretty bad for punishment IMHO

-Bball

able
12-26-2004, 07:09 AM
I think the arbitrator did a lousy job.

Reading the parts I can shows me that he has no foundation for his ruling, so my choice is not on the ballot

I vote for : I think the arbitrator did a sh*te job

indygeezer
12-26-2004, 07:21 AM
I think the arbitrator did a lousy job.

Reading the parts I can shows me that he has no foundation for his ruling, so my choice is not on the ballot

I vote for : I think the arbitrator did a sh*te job

I am 100% convinced that this was orchestrated by the league to get JO back in the line-up for the TV ratings. Based on his reasoning for JO reduction, how do you NOT look at the positives of Jax and RA too??

Nah, it's a set-up and I could start believing in conspriacy theories after this. I won't, but I could.

ReGgieMiLLeR31
12-26-2004, 07:24 AM
IndyGeezer, YOU SHOULD!

DisplacedKnick
12-26-2004, 09:09 AM
I expected what happened.

Actually I was 99% certain SJax and Artest's suspensions would stand - in fact I thought Jackson was lucky his was that short. I was 50-50 on JO but he had a HUGE edge on the other two - he never went into the stands.