PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

ABADays
12-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Just got back from the game. That's about all I can say. Not about the play or the players or the coaching. Just the situation. Had to fall in the Top 10 most wanted games since being a Pacer fan starting back in 1967.

I think the fans shared the same disappointment. I've never seen Conseco as quiet as it was when the fans were leaving.

PacerFanInBayAreaCali
12-25-2004, 05:04 PM
I think the fans shared the same disappointment. I've never seen Conseco as quiet as it was when the fans were leaving.

Niether have I, and I was only watching from TV.

Kegboy
12-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Oh, I know everybody was hyped because JO was back, but I wouldn't say it was awful leaving that game. Game 5 against NY in the '99 ECF, that was awful.

grace
12-25-2004, 07:36 PM
There were a few Detroit fans around; therfeore, I was waiting for someone to say "Sorry about the score ma'am." :(

FiestyFosterFanatic
12-25-2004, 10:06 PM
I went to the game too. I was dissapointed in many things.

1. Jermaine hardly showed any emotion. For a guy that has been wanting to come back for so long, where was the emotion? No fist pumping or anything. Played like **** in the first half.

2. Tinsley. What is his problem now? All he does is pout, and has been playing horribly the past few games. I wouldn't mind seeing Rick bench him.

3. Carlisle. Why did we have Fred Jones guarding Rip? I thought Reggie was playing him very good in the 1st half and James Jones was matching up nicely against Prince. We hardly saw any of Foster and J. Jones in the 2nd half, and Croshere was just killing us. Fred Jones was getting used by Rip, and Croshere and Tinsley were playing like **** when Foster was playing very solid.

4. Reggie Miller seemed to be the only one who wanted it badly. All the other players seemed very intimidated by the Stones.

5. Rip Hamilton flops like none other. I can't stand watching him and Rasheed. Rasheed whines so much.

Southside_Pacer
12-25-2004, 11:17 PM
I went to the game too. I was dissapointed in many things.

1. Jermaine hardly showed any emotion. For a guy that has been wanting to come back for so long, where was the emotion? No fist pumping or anything. Played like **** in the first half.

2. Tinsley. What is his problem now? All he does is pout, and has been playing horribly the past few games. I wouldn't mind seeing Rick bench him.

3. Carlisle. Why did we have Fred Jones guarding Rip? I thought Reggie was playing him very good in the 1st half and James Jones was matching up nicely against Prince. We hardly saw any of Foster and J. Jones in the 2nd half, and Croshere was just killing us. Fred Jones was getting used by Rip, and Croshere and Tinsley were playing like **** when Foster was playing very solid.

4. Reggie Miller seemed to be the only one who wanted it badly. All the other players seemed very intimidated by the Stones.

5. Rip Hamilton flops like none other. I can't stand watching him and Rasheed. Rasheed whines so much.

So, did you guys have a good Christmas?

Watching on TV at home I didn't think Fred did that bad of job playing defense against Rip. He just made a lot of tough shots over him.

I didn't think the Pacers played with much emotion at all, minus Reggie. They could never put a consistant effort on both ends of the floor which did upset me. Near the end when we had to get stops, we never got them.

Hicks
12-25-2004, 11:22 PM
I thought Fred played good defense too, Rip just hit great shots.

Unclebuck
12-25-2004, 11:37 PM
I thought Fred played good defense too, Rip just hit great shots.

Rip just backs Fred down and shoots over the top of Fred, which is the same thing Rip did against Fred last season in the ECF.

JOneal7
12-25-2004, 11:45 PM
it was like wide open jump shots for rip. Nothing you could do. Rasheed killed us with a 3 at the end there when it was a 6 pt game. When we went down 8 and pistons had the ball you could see reggie clapping and trying to keep them up spirit wise. He seemed to be the only guy who wanted it.

:(

sixthman
12-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Fred Jones is not tall enough to guard RIP. S Jax will be very helpful in that area.

Freddie also needs to take some outside shots when he is open earlier in the game.

Pistons played one of their best games since the playoffs yesterday. Give them props.

It was a shame that a strong performance from Reggie couldn't put us over the top, but that's the way it was.

Grace, was there any shunning of Big Ben during the opening announcements? Or just conventional booing?