PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Foster Respect Thread

Free Artest
12-24-2004, 06:41 PM
With all the talk about O'Neals return, the game vs Detroit, and David Harrison, I don't think enough attention has been given to the play of Jeff Foster.
He's currently averaging 11.6 points, 13.0 rebounds, and is shooting over 50% from the field. Those numbers are all superior to his Detroit counterpart Ben Wallace. He's gotten double-doubles in his last 5 games, grabbing 18 boards in 3 seperate games in that span.
So please hold off on talks of starting David Harrison, and show some Love to Jeff Foster.
Now, do you think this is just a fluke, or is he capable of these numbers ofr an entire season?
Personaly, I think he's capable of it all season if given the minutes. He's put up nearly indentical per-minute stats last year, only he wasn't given much time in the past.

ABADays
12-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Dang, I didn't realize he lost my respect. I better look around to find it again.

Hicks
12-24-2004, 07:52 PM
He's capable of it w/ the minutes, but those minutes will go down. Right now he's averaging something like 12 MORE minutes per game than he did last season. I think 36mpg vs 24mpg. Nice to know he can produce given more time though.

As for respecting Jeff, always have.

Lord Helmet
12-24-2004, 08:09 PM
I think we all respect the Fiesty One!!!

Free Artest
12-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Well everyones been going on about David Harrison and overlooking Foster. Harrison is a better shot blocker, but isn't half the rebounder Jeff is.

Kegboy
12-24-2004, 10:49 PM
It should be noted that in the stat comparison between he and Wallace, Jeff is doing it in fewer minutes, as well.

That said, defensively, he's still not back yet. I care more about his getting his lateral quickness back then how many points he scores.

Unclebuck
12-24-2004, 11:11 PM
I love watching Jeff play, what can I say he is my second favorite player on the team.

PacerMan
12-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Does playing with harrison help free up Jeff?

DisplacedKnick
12-25-2004, 08:31 AM
In the past, Jeff's always faded in the 2nd half of the season - I've always figured he wears down but don't know that for sure.

Doesn't mean he isn't a solid, solid player though.

BTW - I'd start Foster because Harrison has more of a post game - but when it comes down to it, those three should get about all the C/PF minutes with a little bit of Pollard thrown in - 96 minutes for 3 players. But I'd have Harrison next to Pollard because you'd still have some post offense to work with.