PDA

View Full Version : I hate snow!

Dr Huxtable
12-24-2004, 04:58 PM
I have tickets for the game tomorrow, and as you probably know most of southern Indiana was hit by a real bad snow storm. Naturally, the roads are really bad. I64 was shut down for a day and a half- it just reopened. My mom doesn't think that my brother and I should be driving in those conditions, and rightfully so. So that means no game. :(

I was looking forward to this for so long. Oh well. :(

We had Christmas with my immediate family last night (parents, brother), and I got tickets for the game vs the Knicks on my birthday. :)

I would try to sell the tickets, but I doubt anyone in my area would want to drive up there either.

JOneal7
12-24-2004, 05:11 PM
man that sucks! I feel your pain! I'll cheer extra loud for you :). NOTHING BETTER GO WRONG TOMMOROW IN REGARDS TO ME GOING TO THE GAME..LOL I'M NOT PLAYING I ALMOST MISSED A GAME THIS YEAR CAUSE OF THAT!
GO PACERS

Unclebuck
12-24-2004, 05:12 PM
I have family driving up this afternoon on I-65, but I guess I-64 is worse.

Bball
12-24-2004, 06:24 PM
The state roads are looking pretty good in this area (Lawrence cnty) and we got hit pretty hard. I'm thinking you might make that a gameday decision. It is only going to get better as you go north.

It's not like you'll be on side streets and county roads for the trip. And I don't guess we're getting any more snow. And one more day of cleanup, thawing, traffic, etc can make a big difference.

The side streets and country roads still suck here but the state highways looked pretty good. With I64 reopened already, allowing more traffic on it, you might still have a shot. Things could look a lot different in the morning to you.

Good luck.
-Bball

Natston
12-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah I have a ticket for tomorrow as well, but 3 feet of snow is preventing me from even moving my car a couple of inches... :cry:

Mr. Pink
12-24-2004, 09:06 PM
I've never shoveled so much snow in my life.

You should be able to make it! the roads are starting to improve by a lot. Just leave way early...and I mean way early and you should be ok.

Natston
12-24-2004, 09:12 PM
The roads aren't hindering me, it's the fact that I can't get my car out onto the road. Sacto, How's the southern part of I-65 looking?

Unclebuck
12-24-2004, 11:10 PM
You have to do what you have to do. But I would not just go by what the media is saying about the road conditions. They have a vested interest in making things seem worse than they really are. If the tickets are going to go to waste anyway. I would give it a try.

Bball
12-25-2004, 12:10 AM
You have to do what you have to do. But I would not just go by what the media is saying about the road conditions. They have a vested interest in making things seem worse than they really are. If the tickets are going to go to waste anyway. I would give it a try.

No law against giving it a shot and turning around if things are worse than hoped for either.

-Bball

Dr Huxtable
12-25-2004, 02:20 AM
Well it's not really my decision, it's my moms. :(

Since I'm up this late, my guess would be that we're not going. At least we didn't spend too much on tickets (only $60 all together).

Lord Helmet
12-25-2004, 02:26 AM

Since I'm up this late, my guess would be that we're not going. At least we didn't spend too much on tickets (only $60 all together). That sucks.Just to have Tickets but you can't go.I feel for you.Beg your Mom!!!!!

Bball
12-25-2004, 02:39 AM

Since I'm up this late, my guess would be that we're not going. At least we didn't spend too much on tickets (only $60 all together).

I understand that... I'd just ask her not to officially call it off until you absolutely have to. Just make the call at 8-9AM in the morning (Hmmmm does that leave you enough time to get to Indy from down there?). Call the state police and check on road conditions for the roads you intend to be on just before you'd have to leave. There's a good chance the main roads will be decent by then and as I said, it will only get better as you go north.

If your mom still thinks it is too bad then at least the game is on TV!

-Bball

Kstat
12-25-2004, 03:19 AM
I agree. Eric Snow sucks.

JOneal7
12-25-2004, 05:03 AM
I was about to say if this threads about sara snow the person dies!
lol
her and ashley bidwell...omg...
:P

DisplacedKnick
12-25-2004, 08:44 AM
For road reports try this link: http://www.state.in.us/isp/roadinfo/weather.html

You'll get more and better info than from the phone line.

Can you come up 41 and cut over? That seems to be a better choice than 65.

hoopsforlife
12-25-2004, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Dr Huxtable]Well it's not really my decision, it's my moms. :(

You could put your mom on waivers and get one who will let you go. :)

Call in an emergency and get snowmobiles to take you there.

Helicoptors aren't cheap but they are good. Use Irsays helipad.

Good luck. :)

Natston
12-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Well someone is going to help me pull my car out sometime soon... :dance:

Unclebuck
12-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Well, I am curious, did you make it to the game

Dr Huxtable
12-27-2004, 06:11 PM
No, I didn't get to go. :(

Haven't been able to get on my computer since Saturday, being with family and all. I'm not too dissapointed though, I got tickets to a game on my birthday for Christmas (April 10th vs the Knicks).