PDA

View Full Version : Did you know Mark Boyle broke his back in 4 places

Unclebuck
12-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Just heard him on ESPN news, he broke it when Ron ran over him at the scorers table. And yet Boyle had some very nice things to say (unsolicited I might add) about Artesat, saying he has always found Ronnie to be a very nice guy. Remember Slick said similar things, and Mark and Slick travel with the team. But Mark would have some reason to be bitter towards Ronnie and he wasn't

Eindar
12-23-2004, 04:54 PM
strange, I'd never heard that reported. Only thing I'd heard was that Boyle had a cut over his eye.

Unclebuck
12-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Boyle has kept it quiet

able
12-23-2004, 04:59 PM
And Mark blamed himself for even trying to stop Ron by grabbing his legs.

Sorry to hear this, for Marc that is, and yes they always speak very highly of Ron on the air as well, Slick loves Ron, so does Mark I guess.

Why is it that people close(r) to him like him so much and fans think he's a cancer on the team?

ReGgieMiLLeR31
12-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Able, most Pacer fans do not think he is a cancer; just a minority.

Hoop
12-23-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't think he "broke" his back in 4 places, that's ridiculous. :rolleyes: He would have had to have fusion surgery and possibly metals rods placed in his back.

PaceBalls
12-23-2004, 05:20 PM
I call BS on this one. Not on you guys, but on the story. April fools is still 4 months + away :P

TheSauceMaster
12-23-2004, 05:22 PM
I think broke is maybe not a good choice of words , he may have cracked 4 vertebrae. I don;t see why Mark would lie but I question his use of the word 'Broke"

tora tora
12-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Ron laid a wild mid-air 1-2 knee combo in his face too... he had to be in a world of pain :beat:

Hicks
12-23-2004, 05:25 PM
I call BS on this one. Not on you guys, but on the story. April fools is still 4 months + away :P
No, Mark Boyle really did say it on ESPNews. And I thought he said 5, not 4. My guess is they're minor fractures.

Hicks
12-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Why is it that people close(r) to him like him so much and fans think he's a cancer on the team?
Because they're talking about Ron Artest's personality (which from all I've heard, he has a great one), not his effect on the team.

ABADays
12-23-2004, 06:08 PM
We have such a spineless announcer!

I'M KIDDING! OK OK very bad joke :whip2:

grace
12-23-2004, 06:58 PM
I won't say I don't believe it because my dad fell last year at Christmas and broke his back. Of course we didn't know it was broken for 7 months until he finally had X-rays taken. I would assume Mark has hairline fractures that don't need any invasive treatment.

Peck
12-23-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm not suprised. I think I commented on here about how violent it was in the overhead view.

Seriously, Boyle looked like the lion king being trampled by the heard when Artest went over him.

To Artest credit I don't think he actually knew what he did, he never looked down. That tells you how big & strong Ron is.

Reggie4Three
12-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Mark Boyle was on the local ESPN radio show in South Bend on Tuesday I believe and he did say he broke his back in several places (can't remember how many he said). I was stunned because I had never heard anything about this. I almost posted something here but I figured that it was just something I missed and everyone else knew about.

At any rate, I heard it straight from him the other day so it's true. I felt bad for him because I sent an email that they read to him, kind of joking about the cut above his eye from the incident. That's when he mentioned his back and I felt terrible. You know he has probably been trying to keep that quiet while the whole appeals process was going on as to not make the event seem any worse than it already did.

Finding out this about Mark Boyle makes my opinion of him even higher than it already was, which says quite a bit because he was already the best play-by-play voice I've ever listened to.

Get well Mark Boyle! Thoughts and prayers with him this holiday season.

ChicagoJ
12-23-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm not suprised. I think I commented on here about how violent it was in the overhead view.

Seriously, Boyle looked like the lion king being trampled by the heard when Artest went over him.

To Artest credit I don't think he actually knew what he did, he never looked down. That tells you how big & strong Ron is.
From that view - and admittedly you lose some depth perception from that angle - wow, the beating Boyle took was just unbelievable. It looks like Ron is stomping on him. I know he isn't, but it looks bad.