PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Question

MarionDeputy
02-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey Long time lurker, first time poster,

I was looking at the uniform poll thread and a thought struck me....Would the league allow the Pacers to wear their retro uniforms for the entire playoffs? I love those uniforms and they're undefeated when they wear them......I figure there is probably some rule against it though.

Anyway, thanks again and thanks for an alternative to that Star board which is just awful.

indygeezer
02-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Sir I was only doing 35 honest!!!!

Welcome aboard newbie! (sir or madam as the case maybe).

I don't see why they couldn't wear them as long as they have league approval to use them sometimes and as long as all team members wore them. (Must be regulation right?) ANyway, I'm with you, I like em alot. I did hear where some of the players were having trouble with names coming off etc...so they may want to improve the quality before the PO's if that is true.

BigMac
02-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey Long time lurker, first time poster,

I was looking at the uniform poll thread and a thought struck me....Would the league allow the Pacers to wear their retro uniforms for the entire playoffs? I love those uniforms and they're undefeated when they wear them......I figure there is probably some rule against it though.

Anyway, thanks again and thanks for an alternative to that Star board which is just awful.

Welcome to the forum and good question. I like the way the Pacers play in them and would be happy to see it. My only thought is that the NBA may only allow you to wear your home an away jerseys and not the third alternative maybe for marketing reasons?

Hicks
02-17-2004, 12:45 PM

:usa: :welcome:

Glad to have you aboard. :)

Suaveness
02-17-2004, 01:06 PM
[quote="MarionDeputy"]and they're undefeated when they wear them[quote]

Hahaha...thats probably because we've played atlanta twice and chicago... :laugh:

Welcome :dance:

Ragnar
02-17-2004, 01:12 PM
The only issue I could see is that they seem to only have the home uniforms. I have an NBA catalog that shows the road Uni's and they do not look as good as the home ones. I like the retro's better than the regular and would love to see them simply switch to them for the playoffs.

Now if we can just get the IPD to wear uniforms from say the 20's durring the playoffs we would really be the coolest. :pepper: :dance:

Natston
02-17-2004, 01:16 PM
The only issue I could see is that they seem to only have the home uniforms. I have an NBA catalog that shows the road Uni's and they do not look as good as the home ones. I like the retro's better than the regular and would love to see them simply switch to them for the playoffs.

Where they the blue ones or the yellow ones? I haven't seen the blue ones ( they might not exist for all I know). But I saw someone wearing a yellow one, and I can honestly say that I don't like them...

Ragnar
02-17-2004, 01:19 PM
It seemed to me they were blue but now that you ask I dont remember. Maybe they were yellow. I will try and find the catalog to see for certain.

BigMac
02-17-2004, 02:13 PM
It seemed to me they were blue but now that you ask I dont remember. Maybe they were yellow. I will try and find the catalog to see for certain.

I found this on ebay. It could be a fake but if it is not, this is what a road throwback would look like.

http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/42/7c/11_1.JPG

Roy Munson
02-17-2004, 03:08 PM
I found this on ebay. It could be a fake but if it is not, this is what a road throwback would look like.

Wow. That's a lot of yellow. What if we played the Lakers in the final and they wanted to wear their yellow home jerseys. That could make for quite a wild game with lots of passes to the wrong team. :)

indygeezer
02-17-2004, 03:48 PM
I DO NOT remember any uniforms looking like that. I would remember lemons like that( I think)

ABADays
02-17-2004, 03:55 PM
I have no recollection of the yellow uniform at all. Seems it was blue with the yellow and white stripes.

Mourning
02-17-2004, 03:59 PM
In NBA LIVE2004 Indy has blue away retro's. I dont know if that is conclusive though ;) . I like the home retro's a lot too, think I will order one soon (that IS possible ..... right ??? :meditate:)

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Shade
02-17-2004, 04:40 PM

I like those. :drool:

Mourning
02-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I like the home retro's a lot too, think I will order one soon (that IS possible ..... right ??? )

OUCH!!! :o Yup! They are for sale, but only authentics and .... for
$ 170.00. Add P&P and I think I will pass on that one and order another replica with some other stuff that I dont have yet.

Regards,

Mourning
02-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:

Regards,