PDA

View Full Version : We SUCK!!

waterjater
12-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Layups missed!! Wide Open Jump shots Missed. Free throws missed!!

Jees....another LOUSY TEAM BEATS US!!

Sorry, but no excuses tonight. We should've been up by 10 or more by the end of three except for all the missed free throws and layups!!

LOUSY GAME!!

If we lose to anyone with an above .500 record, then I can understand, but we sucked in the 3rd and 4th tonight!!

DisplacedKnick
12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Why do I think I could go to the Knicks forum and read the same title of a thread?

Philly's not that lousy - and everyone on the planet knows you're hanging on by your fingernails until JO gets back.

SoupIsGood
12-22-2004, 10:35 PM
We would have won if Rick would have put Big Dave back in at the end, when we were giving the sixers easy drives to the basket.

That also would have been a great time to have JO. He would discourage those driving the basket, and carry us through the offensive dry spell. :(

Dr Huxtable
12-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Maybe David's back spasms were acting up again Soup?

Either way that was horrible to watch at the end.

Deadshot
12-22-2004, 11:00 PM
I know the team is struggling, and they aren't as fun to watch, but us fans have to hang in there (just like the team does). I get tired/discouraged of coming on here and reading post after post about how "we suck" and "we have no chance." Surely you jest! If us as fans cannot endure 1 tough month, why do we cheer for a team in the first place?

With that being said, we should try and look on the upside of things. Players are returning, Reggie has become "Reggie" again, new players have emerged, etc. Sorry to rant....but I hope everyone can understand what I am trying to say.

JOneal7
12-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Reggie was crying in the post game interview...damn must have hit him hard this time...
Hang in there..better dayz are coming guys keep your heads up :)

ABADays
12-22-2004, 11:35 PM
For 3 quarters, this blame was going to go to the horrible interior play we had tonight. Offensively AND defensively. Then Mr. 1-on-5-double-technical took over. This is the kind of stuff that REALLY pisses me off at him. He gets these freaking burrs up his *** and thinks he is THE MAN. Just like the other night, going to the middle REPEATEDLY, accomplishing nothing and no distribution. For someone his age, he sure lacks maturity.

We deserved exactly what we got tonight and it was inexcusable.

ReGgieMiLLeR31
12-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Reggie was crying?!?!?!?! Anyone have the post-game interviews on tape...we don't get them on League Pass.

waterjater
12-23-2004, 02:04 AM
Sorry, JUST VENTING!! I just struggle to see why, even depleted as we are, continue to lose games we should win.

Many teams lose key players for 10-25 games to injuries and step up and win. We have twelve virtually healthy people which should be enough to beat a one man team.

Tinsley needs to stop trying to do to much and go back to making others better!!

Water

JO_pace
12-23-2004, 03:55 AM
i just don't like how tinsley's getting so many technical fouls...i know he's frustrated and all, but he should really control himself...

Anthem
12-23-2004, 03:57 AM
For someone his age, he sure lacks maturity.

Missed the game... who are you referring to?

JOneal7
12-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Jamaal Tinsley^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think he really was into it with Iverson and such. I remember when he hit that big 3 from the corner he stared down their whole bench.
I like his emotion...but he needs to check it sometimes. Once he got his sixth and he realized he was done for the night he got ejected...NICE!
:(

Peck
12-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Since he's come back from the injury we've seen way to much of Mel Mel the abuser for my taste.

He is the only p.g. we have that can make the offense flow, but it slows to molases when he tries to out Iverson Iverson.

able
12-23-2004, 06:08 AM
I do think we are a bit harsh on Tins, just a tad.

It is very obvious that if movement off the ball stops, there is a problem, that's 1
2. he is asked to do a lot of what he does, he remains a pass first man, I fail to see how that changes, however you need people to A. to pass to and B. to do something with it
3. His frustration over A. the play and B. the refs is understandable to a certain level, I thought he was ejected after his 6th foul, so the ejection is sorta moot, but there is a dipserity in the calls against him and afore him.

Every time he pointed at AI, or when AI choose to flop Tins got called for the foul,while "hack'a'Tins" was not called, surely now that he has to carry a great deal of the load and has proven his status in the NBA he should get "some" of those calls.

Reg being tired and no longer on AI was also a reason, Hulk missing at the end was a reason, Cro missing his shots was another reason, I still feel this is a bad loss, but a collective one, not one tht should "only" fall on Tins.

Why is it that if a players does good a few games few people sing his praise, but if they feel he is throwing the game away they are so loud?

Or why doesn't he have the credibility to have bad games?

Peck
12-23-2004, 06:50 AM
I'm not certain if that was aimed my way or not but I will respond.

I just feel like since he has come back from the three game layoff that he has not looked to get everybody involved in the offense enough & has tried to take to much of the scoring load upon himself. It may be that Carlisle has told him to do that, I have no idea.

Also, those of us that have seen Jamaal play since day one know that there is a certain attitude he can get during a coarse of a season & he is the kind of player you can almost read it on his face. He's forcing things right now IMO.

Again, it may all be by design, but I doubt it.

marcd
12-23-2004, 06:56 AM
I like his emotion...but he needs to check it sometimes.
:(

Too damn funny...pot meet kettle.
(see Thread: "Arbitrator - Reduces JO's to 15 games ")

MarcD

able
12-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Peck it was meant in general, not at you. You are one of the few that motivates what he writes, essential according to me :)

Yes it seems "out of control" but I am pretty sure, from remarks in the press by Rick that it is by design, but I agree there is a fine balance between enough and to much.

It does not take a way the frustration, it does not take away the fact that at times the team just stops moving and parks their behinds at one spot and waits for Tins to find them, only to then drop the ball or only see it pass by.

As usual I listened to the game and Slick was not happy with the T's, to say the least, but he did not blame Mel Mel for shooting to much, though he was wondering why certain players were in and other not.... Also he noted that movement was far and in between which was a cause for Tins not being able to deliver a ball.

I still think that Mel Mel does all he can to help where he can, but I agree it seems he's doing to much and gets to upset for not getting the calls, I assume he doesn't get them because he never used to penetrate as much, so it is not expected, it will come I hope :D

Mourning
12-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Sorry, JUST VENTING!! I just struggle to see why, even depleted as we are, continue to lose games we should win.

Many teams lose key players for 10-25 games to injuries and step up and win. We have twelve virtually healthy people which should be enough to beat a one man team.

Tinsley needs to stop trying to do to much and go back to making others better!!

Water

I know you are just venting, but you might want to change your analogy with regards to other teams losing a keyplayer, we have lost 3 keyplayers!

And I don't mind critisizing Tins as long as it is fair. I think we need atleast one player that does react to some of the bad calls/star player calls from the referees, and it has to be someone with some bearing/influence. Reggie has that sort of "authority" and Tins might also. He should limit it a bit though.

Regards,

Mourning :cool: