PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker expected to be out for a month with ankle injury

Basketball Fan
03-02-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/130302_parker_injury

Spurs guard Tony Parker underwent an MRI examination this morning in San Antonio. The MRI confirmed that Parker has a Grade 2 left ankle sprain. He is expected to be out for approximately four weeks. The injury occurred in the third quarter of last night's Spurs-Kings game.

Additionally, Spurs forward Boris Diaw (low back strain) is out for tomorrow’s game vs. Detroit. Guard Gary Neal (tightness, left calf) and forward Stephen Jackson (sprained right ankle) are listed as doubtful.

Sollozzo
03-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Sucks for the Spurs. And sucks for my fantasy team that had already suffered the loss of Rondo.

Cactus Jax
03-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Usually San Antonio still does well without their top players, but I could see this maybe costing the Spurs the #1 seed in the west.

joew8302
03-02-2013, 04:24 PM
The Spurs are still a good team, and as a veteran crew I don't think seeding makes a ton of difference to them. Health should be and is their number 1 priority.

rexnom
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM
The Spurs are still a good team, and as a veteran crew I don't think seeding makes a ton of difference to them. Health should be and is their number 1 priority.
Well, I'm sure they would prefer not to play game 7 in OKC. Though, this way they might avoid the Grizzlies in the second round.

joew8302
03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Well, I'm sure they would prefer not to play game 7 in OKC. Though, this way they might avoid the Grizzlies in the second round.

Obviously they would prefer to have a game 7 at home, but I remember them going in to New Orleans (when CP3 and West had a great year) and winning. Home court for the Spurs is not as big of a priority as health.

SycamoreKen
03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
They lost 4 in a row last year after being up 2-0, so i don't think where they play is that important in the end. It will be interesting to see how Mills, De Colo and the other young guy step up.