PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 3/1/13

Trophy
03-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Solid win tonight on the road and great to start the month of March with a W! :dance: :gopacers:

BornReady
03-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Good win, but BOTH sides seriously needs more competent refs to not completely throw games with blatant bad and missed calls.

rabid
03-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Good win, but BOTH sides seriously needs more competent refs to not completely throw games with blatant bad and missed calls.

Yeah that was some seriously terrible reffing

PaceBalls
03-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I hope the NBA reviews this game and gives these referees F-'s. That was the worst officiated game I've seen all year. Bad calls both ways. Just horrible.

Derek2k3
03-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Yep. The officiating didn't favor one side or the other, it was just terrible. Killed the flow of the game.

Quietly Roy had one of his absolute best games of the season. Efficient, strong, the difference.

PacersHomer
03-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Roy is starting to click on offense. That is going to be huge.

PR07
03-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Nice to get the Raptors back after we fell asleep at the wheel last time we played them...

Johanvil
03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Nice to get the Raptors back after we fell asleep at the wheel last time we played them...

2 losses at home against them. Difficult to digest that. Especially the last game at home.

Naptown_Seth
03-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Frank summarizes the game for Toronto

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/Naptown_Seth/Vogel2_zps497254e0.jpg

Sure was nice to get a comfortable win against the Raps. The funny thing is that they have been playing their best ball lately, and this is when the Pacers looked the strongest against them.

Paul went nuts from 3 by his "on the road" standards. He, West and Hibbert were so efficient from the floor that they didn't need much else.

Also NO MORE COMPLAINING ABOUT REFS BEING AGAINST THE PACERS.

Bad calls on some nights? Yes. But it goes both ways. I'm sure Toronto fans were pulling their hair out after a couple of plays tonight.

solid
03-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Loved the back and forth passing between the Big Roy and DWest at the end.
They really understood each other on the floor, great spacing and probing until the shot opened up.

They gotta be having fun! I'm sure David remembers what it was like to play on a poor team. Hopefully all our guys find away to stay together.

They're really getting to be fun to watch.

Pacerfan
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Sure was nice to get a comfortable win against the Raps. The funny thing is that they have been playing their best ball lately, and this is when the Pacers looked the strongest against them.

Paul went nuts from 3 by his "on the road" standards. He, West and Hibbert were so efficient from the floor that they didn't need much else.

Bad calls on some nights? Yes. But it goes both ways. I'm sure Toronto fans were pulling their hair out after a couple of plays tonight.

PG and Rudy were taking it at each other and scoring. They're friends and I'm sure they each of them wanted bragging rights.

After the refs just kept calling fouls on PG and he got that technical you could tell he was frustrated. He started hitting his shots from that point on. Nice to see PG responding to it with hitting some important shots.

Danny really looked good out there. On defense, he did a better job on Rudy than PG. Rudy can move PG because he's still not that strong, but everytime he tried moving Danny, it was like he was hitting a brick wall. Danny didn't let Rudy get around him either. This will help a lot versus Lebron when he tries to take PG in the post.

TMJ31
03-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Good bounce back game.

Awful officiating, as per usual.

We win the season series with Toronto 3-1 (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?80695-FINAL-SCORE-Pacers-90-Raptors-88-Screenshot-Analysis-Inside&highlight=)!

rel
03-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Good bounce back game.

Awful officiating, as per usual.

We win the season series with Toronto 3-1 (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?80695-FINAL-SCORE-Pacers-90-Raptors-88-Screenshot-Analysis-Inside&highlight=)!

Didn't we split? 2-2

TMJ31
03-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Didn't we split? 2-2

Officially? Yes.

In real life? Nope.

See link in my first post.

D-BONE
03-01-2013, 10:25 PM
First half was brutal, but loved how it ended. Beat the Bulls on Sunday!!!!!

boombaby1987
03-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Officially? Yes.

In real life? Nope.

See link in my first post.

Sorry, but please stop arguing this point. The season series was 2-2, and that is the fact.

TMJ31
03-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Sorry, but please stop arguing this point. The season series was 2-2, and that is the fact.

Oh come on.

Just having a bit of fun, obviously being sarcastic.

I'm never going to stop believing that we won that game, and since we now "officially" beat them on THEIR home court, of course I am going to rub that point in a bit.

Nuntius
03-01-2013, 10:54 PM
and since we now "officially" beat them on THEIR home court, of course I am going to rub that point in a bit.

And they beat us on our home court. Twice.

It was a weird series.

Goyle
03-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Tyler and DJ were playing their asses off heading into the trade deadline and suddenly they've been pretty terrible.

Danny's looking like Danny which is really encouraging, I still think he needs to start once the minutes limit is removed. At the very least, we'll get to see what Lance is like as the primary option off the bench.

Naptown_Seth
03-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I agree on Danny's defense. That's always been what Trader Joe and I said about DG vs PG - Danny is stronger and guards the post better. He's not a PF and I'm not particularly a fan of him as the PF, but in a world with big SFs or small PFs and guys that can work you in the post like Melo, Danny is a critical defensive help.

Plus it means one more other guy PG can guard.

AesopRockOn
03-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Anyone else having trouble with this on LPBB? Been trying to play it for a while, but I finally gave up. Glad to see we got the win. Danny's shot so much better in the two games I haven't been able to see. Aw, well, can't wait for Sunday.

Hoop
03-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Tyler and DJ were playing their asses off heading into the trade deadline and suddenly they've been pretty terrible.

Danny's looking like Danny which is really encouraging, I still think he needs to start once the minutes limit is removed. At the very least, we'll get to see what Lance is like as the primary option off the bench.
Are you implying that Tyler and DJ have stopped trying as hard since the trade dead line passed? They haven't played as well lately but I don't buy that for a second.

Tyler would play hard in a YMCA pickup game, I just do not see him EVER taking a night off. Series of crappy games, sure, lackluster effort, never.

DJ has been a little disappointing to me this season compared to what I expected from him. Maybe I had too high expectations. This a contract year, I don't see him not playing hard, if word got out of that he'd be screwed for a new contract. I would be happy to have him back next season if we can sign him for a decent price, but I'd do some looking around.

granger4mvp
03-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Good win now when we beat the bulls Sunday coach vogal will also get his 100th win

D-BONE
03-02-2013, 06:24 AM
We desperately need someone besides DJ for back - up PG next year.

Unclebuck
03-02-2013, 06:43 AM

true, but the Raptors played so much better last time we played them

owl
03-02-2013, 09:44 AM

The refs were consistently horrible last night. I can live with that.

BornReady
03-02-2013, 10:40 AM

Honestly, I think both have played quite well. I don't really see any drop off in Tyler's play and we have to remember, DJ is a very small contract and for backup purposes, I think he's been more than sufficient. He consistently hits his open 3s (in fact, I think he should be taking more) and I don't think he runs the offense terribly. We knew DJ was weak on defense. That's nothing new.

daschysta
03-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Nice to see Danny with 8 points in 10 minutes, and a +10 +/- . I'm neutral on whether to eventually start him or bring him off the bench. I think either way would work out, and I think lance has matured enough to embrace the sixth man sparkplug role. It comes down to whether the attention Danny gets helps Roy get good looks in the Post. It's an open question, but Roy has looked much better lately. If it is true then I think you have to start Danny, but if not then it could go either way.

gummy
03-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Anyone else having trouble with this on LPBB? Been trying to play it for a while, but I finally gave up. Glad to see we got the win. Danny's shot so much better in the two games I haven't been able to see. Aw, well, can't wait for Sunday.

YES. I submitted a ticket yesterday. I got this response this morning:

Thank you for contacting NBA League Pass support about having trouble with the pacers game from last night. I do apologize that you are still having this trouble and for all the inconvenience that this has caused you. We are aware of this issue and it has been reported to have this issue resolved. We do not have an ETA on when it will be resolved but it is being worked on.

Still not working as of tonight. I guess since the ticket is now closed I am supposed to just try daily in the hopes that the magical fixed day has come. This sort of thing should be fixed in hours at the most. LPBB has been a disaster this year. It's extra frustrating because it ran so smoothly for me last year. But at this point I am considering not getting it again, and that's a big deal for me because I don't do TV.

It's really pissing me off. Twice now at the end of a long day at work I wanted to come home and watching this freaking game.

:censored: