PDA

View Full Version : Can The Pacers still challenge The Ruling with ron?

JOneal7
12-22-2004, 12:18 PM
I know we had all talked about the pacers challenging it if kaplans didn't hold up. But do you think the players association and billy hunter give up on this? just because they reduced JO's? Damn man :(

Cactus Jax
12-22-2004, 12:20 PM
The Pacers technically could challenge Stern's ruling as a team, but would probably lose now to a supreme court, based on the fact that this Kaplan guy thought the season long suspension was just.

Doug
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Basically, the way I understand arbitration is that both parties agree to abide by the outcome. I don't think we can accept the arbitration outcome on JO and not also accept it on Ron and Jax, assuming that this whole thing was handled as a single arbitration which I believe to be the case.

able
12-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Basically, the way I understand arbitration is that both parties agree to abide by the outcome. I don't think we can accept the arbitration outcome on JO and not also accept it on Ron and Jax, assuming that this whole thing was handled as a single arbitration which I believe to be the case.

Unfortunately you have to agree to abide upfront, not after.

However this arbitration was a matter of the PA, not the Pacers/Simons.

There are other avenues open, though hard and long.

They only will involve possible profit for Ron and monetary ones.

JOneal7
12-22-2004, 01:08 PM
I just don't believe it. LOL@This guy I saw who bought a ron artest # 91 Jersey throwback. It's worthless now...

:(
I'm just trying to find some humor in the fact that we now have the biggest hill to climb ever.

Pacerized
12-22-2004, 10:33 PM
I doubt if the Simons would take this to the NBA board of governors, but I think they still could. Going to the board would have nothing to do with the union taking this to arbitration. I wish there was some way for the fans to pursuade them to.