PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons on NBA refs

Roy Munson
12-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I thought this was funny (from the Bill Simmons mailbag)

You really can't believe how bad NBA referees are. It's astounding. Every season for the last ten, one good referee has left ... now we're down to Danny Crawford. That's the list. During last week's Celtics game, the legendary Violet Palmer was involved, who deserves her own "SportsCentury" at some point. Nobody has ever been worse at their job, in any vocation -- not even the people who work at Home Depot selling Christmas trees.

(Note: When Violet started officiating a few years ago, she was so incompetent, players and coaches actually avoided arguing with her -- whenever she screwed up, they would always glance around helplessly, the same way you would if your puppy dropped a deuce on the living room carpet. But now she's been around for a few years and people are fed up. On Monday night, Doc Rivers was one bad Violet call away from ending up in a white Bronco with Al Cowlings. I love this stuff.)

---

Lord Helmet
12-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Are they talking about the one and only woman ref?Because she is an absolut moron.I went to the Laker game about 2 years ago and she had something for Reg she kept calling fouls on him, stupid ones.

cramerica
12-23-2004, 11:09 AM
I used to like Simmons, until he started bashing on Peyton. Now I don't really respect him. If you read most of his columns, he always has to throw in a cheap shot at him or Tony.

Plus, I really have no respect for any fans of any sport teams in the part of the country. Especially New York and Boston fans.