PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert to pay Stephenson's fine

Phree Refill
02-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Haven't see this mentioned here yet...

Per Wells:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hibbert told The Indy Star that he's going to pay Lance Stephenson's $35K fine for being a good teammate and having his back.</p>&mdash; Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/306898836067065856">February 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

vapacersfan
02-28-2013, 08:51 AM
It was posted in the Hibbert suspended thread.

Good on Roy for paying the fine. I still think it might be against the rules, but if they can work it out then cool on him.

Phree Refill
02-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Good on Roy for paying the fine. I still think it might be against the rules, but if they can work it out then cool on him.

My bad. Did not see it there.

Coopdog23
02-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Hibbert is such a great teammate.

Desperado
02-28-2013, 09:38 AM
The team chemistry with these guys are off the charts! Love it!!

Mackey_Rose
02-28-2013, 09:48 AM

Lance does have to pay the fine, but Roy can reimburse him.

Although that $35,000 personal check with "Born's Fine," on the memo line, might create a few double takes at the bank.

Ace E.Anderson
02-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Lol well if anyone on the team can afford it.....

Too soon? lol

Foul on Smits
02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
I think the most underrated thing about this whole ordeal was just how close, I personally thought, Lance was from doing something really really stupid to the 10th degree. He had such a " Someone tackle me right now, I'm about to seriously F up right now " look on his face.

Jukeb0xHero
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
I figured Hibbert might do that given why he was fined and that he's on a marginal salary as a 2nd rounder.

The Big Smooth
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
I think the most underrated thing about this whole ordeal was just how close, I personally thought, Lance was from doing something really really stupid to the 10th degree. He had such a " Someone tackle me right now, I'm about to seriously F up right now " look on his face.

I think you are right. He is still a bit immature, but I don't think he would have been nearly as restrained if this happened his rookie year. I viewed that as Lance wanting to show that he had his teammates' back, but not wanting to get into trouble. If necessary, he would have jumped in, but he held back.

Growing up in NYC, I imagine Lance can throw a punch. Maybe Curry was lucky that Lance held back.

Rogco
02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
I think you are right. He is still a bit immature, but I don't think he would have been nearly as restrained if this happened his rookie year. I viewed that as Lance wanting to show that he had his teammates' back, but not wanting to get into trouble. If necessary, he would have jumped in, but he held back.

Growing up in NYC, I imagine Lance can throw a punch. Maybe Curry was lucky that Lance held back.

Agreed. Lance has that mix of strength and crazy that makes me think he could seriously F up most any other player.

BlueNGold
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
That is really cool. I hope nobody messes this up. This is like we have Popovich and the Spurs. Now we just need Roy do his best Tim Duncan impression.

OlBlu
02-28-2013, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=Phree Refill;1597335]Haven't see this mentioned here yet...

Per Wells:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hibbert told The Indy Star that he's going to pay Lance Stephenson's $35K fine for being a good teammate and having his back.</p> Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/306898836067065856">February 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good for Roy......:cool: ...