PDA

View Full Version : Curry had 54 point night against the Knicks

LetsTalkPacers84
02-28-2013, 01:06 AM
:-o Damn!

Makes me feel a little bit better about him dropping 30 some on us. I have to say he has surprised me.

Goyle
02-28-2013, 01:11 AM
unreal.

Heisenberg
02-28-2013, 01:13 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/744/673/BEKYBxsCcAE2Xee.jpg-large_original.jpg

Knicks shoulda given Chris Kramer a 10 day (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=200812200474)

presto123
02-28-2013, 01:21 AM
I know. I watched most of the game. Knicks couldn't stop him. I wish he was on the Pacers! Nothing against George Hill but man what a talent.

presto123
02-28-2013, 01:32 AM
BTW.....Golden State would have won that game if they would have just kept isolating Curry and trying to get him every shot in the last 4-5 minutes. When a guys in a zone like that you don't go away from it until the other team stops it.

Nuntius
02-28-2013, 01:38 AM
BTW.....Golden State would have won that game if they would have just kept isolating Curry and trying to get him every shot in the last 4-5 minutes. When a guys in a zone like that you don't go away from it until the other team stops it.

The problem wasn't that they didn't isolate him. The main problem was that they failed to involve him late in the game. Jarret Jack had a terrible turnover then they couldn't get the rebound and then Draymond Green had another turnover.

Curry could have won this for the Warriors if he actually got to shoot at all in the end.

Jessen
02-28-2013, 01:59 AM
The problem wasn't that they didn't isolate him. The main problem was that they failed to involve him late in the game. Jarret Jack had a terrible turnover then they couldn't get the rebound and then Draymond Green had another turnover.

Curry could have won this for the Warriors if he actually got to shoot at all in the end.

The turnovers were a huge issue and Curry couldn't get around the constant doubles to get a clean look.

Sandman21
02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Karma that they lost. He shouldn't have been playing last night.

And yes, I'm just a little bitter.

Coopdog23
02-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Best shooter in the NBA right now

Desperado
02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
I know Curry isn't a popular guy here in Pacer Nation right now but the kid is a freak! By far the best shooter in the NBA and probably best since Reggie.

piggyKing
02-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Karma that they lost. He shouldn't have been playing last night.

And yes, I'm just a little bitter.

I was actually rooting for them this time since they were up against the Knicks. :)

BornReady
02-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Roy Hibbert > Steph Curry ;)

Unclebuck
02-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Anyone remember his dad. There were a small handful of shooters I feared but Dell Curry was one of them. He couldn't handle the ball like his son, but he was great coming off picks and had the quickest release I had ever seen . His son got the quick release and more game. When Dell got hot, there wasn't too much defenders could do because of his quick relase and his ability to shoot the ball without being set

MillerTime
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM
he had more than half their points and they lost.

HickeyS2000
02-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Anyone remember his dad. There were a small handful of shooters I feared but Dell Curry was one of them. He couldn't handle the ball like his son, but he was great coming off picks and had the quickest release I had ever seen . His son got the quick release and more game. When Dell got hot, there wasn't too much defenders could do because of his quick relase and his ability to shoot the ball without being set

Ahh the days of Dell Curry and Mitch Richmond. Dudes were lights out. Thank god we had the best version in Reggie.

Sandman21
02-28-2013, 09:28 AM
he had more than half their points and they lost.

Because he cost them the game by getting his teammate suspended by making a dust-up that was under control into a brouhahaha.

Karma.

idioteque
02-28-2013, 09:37 AM

Dell Curry was a great shooter but I don't remember him being able to do much off the dribble. His son's skill in that regard really sets him apart. I remember Quinn I think during the broadcast said he asked Dell Curry, "What is it like being the worst basketball player in your family?" in a joking way. Which is crazy, because Dell Curry was definitely an above average pro.

Foul on Smits
02-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Dude shoulda been suspended, but whatev...

docpaul
02-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Damn. What blows me away about him is that he takes a lot of those shots a good 3 feet behind the line and it looks effortless for him.

Such a quick release, too.

Respect.

Slick Pinkham
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah I'm old... But that was a mini-Pete Maravich-like performance, with 7 assists even (and a few would-be assists blown by teammates).

Pete didn't have the 3-point line though when he put up 68 on the Knicks, though. Plus he was mostly being guarded by Walt Frazier, a seven time first-team all-defensive player...Frazier would have had more first team selections, but the all-defensive team was introduced after he'd been in the league for a couple of years. Pete was 26-of-43 field goals and 16-of-19 free throws in the Jazz's 124-107 victory in the Superdome in New Orleans. He also has six assists and six rebounds in his 43 minutes.

great video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UTust5oFW4

recap: http://espn.go.com/classic/s/moment010225maravich.html

make no mistake, it was a joy to watch Curry last night, and wouda been even better if the Knicks had lost

Hicks
02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Thank God he does not play for Miami.

Ragnar
02-28-2013, 11:01 AM

Dell Curry was on the Hornets when Reggie dropped 57 on them. I started watching some Warriors games because of Mark and man that kid can shoot. Mark really knows how to run plays to get him open.