PDA

View Full Version : Brown: Christmas matchup ‘makes me sick’

able
12-22-2004, 04:45 AM
Brown: Christmas matchup ‘makes me sick’
Pistons coach not happy about direction of his team since brawl
Image: Brown
Julie Jacobson / AP file
Pistons coach Larry Brown says his son hasn't attended a game since his team brawled with the Pacers.

NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 7:35 p.m. ET Dec. 21, 2004

Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown isn't happy that his team is playing the Indiana Pacers on Christmas Day. In fact, he says the matchup "makes me sick."

advertisement
Click Here
Brown made the comments in an interview on ESPN on Tuesday.

The coach is still upset about his team's brawl with the Pacers on Nov. 19, and hopes the teams and Pacers fans behave themselves on Christmas. He also told ESPN that he is worried about the direction of his team, even though Ben Wallace was the only player to miss time because of the brawl, and he already served a 6-game suspension.

Brown told ESPN that his son, who was a Pistons ball boy, has not come to any games since the brawl.

He also told ESPN that he thought about not coming back after the season as his team struggles to move beyond the .500 mark.

Peck
12-22-2004, 05:09 AM
Yea I kinda thought old Larry was going to burn out faster in Detroit faster than he has in other citys. Not because of the players or the franchise or even the fight.

Success has always been the downfall for Larry. He wants to teach he wants to see improvement. It's hard to improve on a championship & I don't know how well he will do about trying to protect a title.

The fight weighed on him to I'm sure, but I'm not sure exactly why? Is he mad at their fans? Is he mad at the Pacers? Is he mad at his own team?

I think more than any other reason, success is his downfall. He's one of those success is a journey kind of people, which is great. But you have to have margins of success along the way or you will always be searching.

Kstat
12-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Ah well, we got what we wanted out of Larry. He can leave anytime he pleases. We always have Laimbeer waiting in the wings. I can't wait for the day he takes over.

I like Larry, but we have a great roster without him now. His only remaining task is to develop Darko.

Besides, I was getting a little annoyed that Larry was bugging Joe D day and night to go out and get Vince Carter, this after Joe ALREADY appeased Larry by taking a chance on Rasheed.

Larry went as far to call the NJ Nets "as good as any team in the NBA."

Enough Larry. Just go coach NJ already, lol

JO_pace
12-22-2004, 06:22 AM
his comments always makes me feel that by attracting media's attention, he just wanna keep our guys out as long as possible...~

fwpacerfan
12-22-2004, 07:16 AM
I'm not sure what Brown expected the league to do. The schedule has been set. Travel arrangements made. The venue is prepared. It would have been a nightmare to change things. I agree w/Peck's comments. Brown likes to see improvement and it's hard to improve on a championship. I also agree w/Kstat - go coach NJ Larry.

Reggie4Three
12-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Ah well, we got what we wanted out of Larry. He can leave anytime he pleases. We always have Laimbeer waiting in the wings. I can't wait for the day he takes over.

There's something both Pacers and Pistons fans will agree on. I can't wait for the day he takes over either.

Anthem
03-30-2005, 02:36 AM
We always have Laimbeer waiting in the wings. I can't wait for the day he takes over.

:bump:

Kstat
03-30-2005, 02:46 AM
:bump:

.....you DO realize that I anticipated when Bill took over that we wouldnt be the defending champs anymore.......

Jermaniac
03-30-2005, 03:02 AM
There is always an excuse

Anthem
03-30-2005, 03:27 AM
EDIT: So as to avoid continually bumping three or four threads to discuss one issue, my future responses to this topic will be posted here (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10582).

PacerMan
03-30-2005, 09:42 PM

I like Larry, but we have a great roster without him now. His only remaining task is to develop Darko.

Besides, I was getting a little annoyed that Larry was bugging Joe D day and night to go out and get Vince Carter, this after Joe ALREADY appeased Larry by taking a chance on Rasheed.

Larry went as far to call the NJ Nets "as good as any team in the NBA."

Enough Larry. Just go coach NJ already, lol

Was a short run eh?
TOLD you that would happen when you got RashWeed.
Nice attempt at rationalization though. :)

shags
03-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Was a short run eh?
TOLD you that would happen when you got RashWeed.
Nice attempt at rationalization though. :)

:rotflmao:

That's the only response I have to the stupidity of this post.