(Courtesy of NBA.com)

Marlin
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Let the overreaction begin
:onozomg:

:zip:

joew8302
I hope Big Roy will be available Thursday. Doubt he will, but I hope.

Steagles
I'm so mad. Roy, Lance and West will all get suspended. **** me.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Pacers4Life
All by double digits. Boom baby indeed.

Magic P
02-26-2013, 10:24 PM
This is the post "fight" thread, no one cares about the game anymore

Unclebuck
02-26-2013, 10:24 PM
That was a scary, scary game. Wouldn't want to play Warriors too often. I do know every time anyone other than Curry or Thompson shot the ball it was a huge relief.

vnzla81
02-26-2013, 10:25 PM

Yes they will together with Jack.

lolwuttermelons
Great win outside of the shovefest. Hopefully Granger will be shooting like Curry once he gets back to 100% :dance:

PacersHomer
Shut the hell up about the scuffle. The only people who would think that makes them thugs are morons and racists who weren't going to come to games anyway.

BobbyMac
02-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Good game, hope there are no suspensions.

Unclebuck
This is the post "fight" thread, no one cares about the game anymore

I care only about the game. Really I am a little disappointed with Roy, he overreacted.

PacersHomer
Fun fact: Our magic number over the 9th seed is 14 games right now.

Trophy
Let the overreaction begin
:onozomg:

:zip:

To what?

Anyone that overreacts to that obviously doesn't watch sports.

Marlin
02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
To what?

Anyone that overreacts to that obviously doesn't watch sports.

Just watch out what this thread will be in an hour

I agree with you, btw. Roy gets a one game suspension and it ends there

idioteque
02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Steph Curry and Jarrett Jack should be suspended. Look at the replay, they went after Roy after the Lee thing had mostly ended and brought it into to the stands. **** those instigators.

Between this and fighting Steisma, Jack should be suspended a game without pay.

boombaby1987
02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Plenty of people get shoved. Roy can't retaliate like that period. Hopefully the headlines read "Tempers flare as Pacers knock off Warriors"

rabid
02-26-2013, 10:31 PM
I must not be seeing what some of you were seeing. Heck I didn't even see where Roy's second tech came from. I don't anticipate suspensions on either side.

Heck of a game, I've been to several Golden State games this year, they are for real. Curry is scary-good on offense when he gets it going, but I thought he got tired in the mid-4th quarter.

David West is a BAMF, kudos to him for getting us back on track after the scuffle.

idioteque
The scuffle overall wasn't that big of a deal though. Hopefully if any fans were roughed up at all (didn't look like it) they will get a visit from West or Roy. Sam Mitchell threw Dennis Rodman into my grandfather's lap 20 years ago and was really apologetic and nice about it.

CableKC
I care only about the game. Really I am a little disappointed with Roy, he overreacted.
I agree, seems out of character for Hibbert.

idioteque
Headline will be Minnesota beat IU tonight.

vnzla81
02-26-2013, 10:32 PM
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Funny. Pacers' David West Debo'd like three Warriors than suddenly became a peacemaker yelling at his teammates, "Let's go!"

shags
02-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I must not be seeing what some of you were seeing. Heck I didn't even see where Roy's second tech came from. I don't anticipate suspensions on either side.

Heck of a game, I've been to several Golden State games this year, they are for real. Curry is scary-good on offense when he gets it going, but I thought he got tired in the mid-4th quarter.

David West is a BAMF, kudos to him for getting us back on track after the scuffle.

If it happened at midcourt, then I don't think there are any suspensions. But the fact that it went into the crowd may tip the scales. I'm not sure if there's a zero tolerance policy for that in the NBA.

BlueNGold
02-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Notice that Roy was the one backing up and the Warriors were the ones in pursuit. I know Roy overreacted but it wasn't Roy chasing around anyone after the scuffle. Also, Klay Thompson is the biggest punk. He had no business running in there and shoving Roy.

gummy
02-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Great game. As always, I'm a little disappointed when the opposing team scores over 90 (or even 80 :laugh:). But we did hold them under their season average at least and it's good to see our offense keep clicking for the most part.

The scrum was a bit terrifying when the first bodies got shoved into the crowd. Yes, there will be a spurt of stories about it. And then it'll go away unless incidents like this become common. I really don't think this is going to hurt attendance or brand us as thugs to anyone who doesn't already think that way. Remember, the image hit we took was much more about the off court stuff than the Malice in the Palace.

Too bad we will be without Roy's services on Thursday. Maybe West too. If they are both gone it seems like an L against the Clippers is pretty likely.

Curry is crazy good. Love to watch him shoot, just don't like the result against my team!

Coopdog23
02-26-2013, 10:37 PM
All but one starter with double digit scoring. Balanced scoring all the way around

PR07
02-26-2013, 10:37 PM
I don't think Roy will see a suspension, there was hardly anything to it other than that first shove on Lee.

Great win though. Warriors definitely are a pretty good ballclub.

Goyle
02-26-2013, 10:38 PM
92 guests viewing this thread. We wanted press, right?

Fun game. Curry is nuts.

Lance George
02-26-2013, 10:39 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/acNaMsatiJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pizza guy
I don't think anyone deserves a suspension. Shoving matches happen, everyone got technicals that should have.

I only got to watch the fourth quarter tonight, but the box score blows my mind. Look at the FG% for West, Hill, and PG. Crazy.

This team is rolling, and as Danny gets his shot back, it's only going to get better.

The Sleeze
ESPN already has a headline up that reads "Warriors can't keep pace. David West and the Pacers win 5th straight despite Curry's 38."

No mention of the shoving match.

cdash
02-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Mark Jackson has done a fantastic job with that team. I'm happy for him.

What has started to happen with our offense? It seems like an actual offense now.

Great win tonight, especially with Stephen Curry going bananas.

PacersHomer
02-26-2013, 10:41 PM
ESPN already has a headline up that reads "Warriors can't keep pace. David West and the Pacers win 5th straight despite Curry's 38."

Wow what a surprise!

mitchbr
02-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Steph Curry and Jarrett Jack should be suspended. Look at the replay, they went after Roy after the Lee thing had mostly ended and brought it into to the stands. **** those instigators.

Thompson too. Roy had all five Warriors between him and his teammates when the shoving started. He looked bada** tossing Steph like a ragdoll though :cool:

ilive4sports
I think Roy will get a suspension. Even though Lee started it with a cheap shot and Curry is a dumbass, Roy went over the top and it spilled into the crowd. If it stayed on the court i might lean toward him not getting suspended. Other than that, just fines all around.

TheDon
apparently Indiana is the only sports team ever that has lame scuffles....amirite??!?

graphic-er
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
i'm about 80% that Roy will get a game suspension. 50/50 on West getting a game. You might be a peacemaker, but you can't go in there and level 3-4 people on top of the fans like that.

I think Danny is gonna go off against the Clippers.

granger4mvp
Wow what a surprise!

Oh boy you might want to check sportscenter pacers warriors marred by fight

idioteque
Roy may get a game but really what was he supposed to do with Curry hanging all over him. He threw him off and that was the end of it, not like he jumped the guy.

Pace Maker
What has started to happen with our offense? It seems like an actual offense now.

I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this. Yes Paul George's improvement has definitely helped our offense, but it looks like we're actually setting off ball screens and running, you know, plays. Much less isos than at the start of the year thankfully.

Mr_Smith
02-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Did any Pacers leave the bench during the fight???

pizza guy
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM

Nope, no Warriors either.

Handoverfist
apparently Indiana is the only sports team ever that has lame scuffles....amirite??!?
I know right? It happens in just about every NFL game.

Heisenberg

No, nobody from either team. Just coaches. Pete Myers bearhugged Lance outta there lol.

CreekShow

Lol stop. No one is getting suspended

shags

I believe the announcers said no one from either team left the bench.

rexnom
Didn't see the game. The fight replay looks terrible. I'm traumatized from 2004 but I got a lot of Malice flashbacks there.

billbradley
02-26-2013, 10:47 PM
I was row 5 as the Warriors were exiting. I told David Lee how soft he was most the game, afterwards he made sure to cuss me out while I told him he was a bum.

Lord Helmet
No, Denari made sure to mention that as soon as it was over.

Mr_Smith
No, nobody from either team. Just coaches. Pete Myers bearhugged Lance outta there lol.

Yea I saw that LOL

Heisenberg
02-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Kings/Heat just went to OT. Might gain a game.

shags
Lol stop. No one is getting suspended

I don't know. Who got suspended in the Rondo - Humphries - KG thing that spilled over into the first couple of rows in the crowd? It depends on if the NBA has a zero tolerance policy when scuffles escalate in the crowd.

Marlin

Lol I went over there to check, and took a glimpse of the fan discussion on the game, I'm literally crying from the laugh.

Mavs fan saying they're a better team, Celtics saying we fear them because we're soft, other saying we're not elite because we can't beat good teams...:rotflmao:

rock747
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Was at the game, couldn't tell exactly what hibbert did in the pilebut hearing he could be suspsended. Anyone at the game catch jarret jack throw the camera man down?

PR07
Not sure what Roy is supposed to do in that situation with Curry charging up, he threw him off him twice, but never threw a punch, elbow, or anything of that nature and that's what gets you in trouble.

ilive4sports
Just stumbled on this over at ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8988498/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-suspended-hawes-source-says

Basically Melo hit Hawes in the back of the head, Hawes turns around and gets in Melo's face, Chandler comes over and strongly shoves Hawes out of the way. Not one player suspended.

cgg
02-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Indystar:
Tussle involving Roy Hibbert and Warriors' Stephen Curry ignites Pacers to win (http://www.indystar.com/article/20130226/SPORTS04/302260103/Tussle-involving-Roy-Hibbert-Warriors-Stephen-Curry-ignites-Pacers-win)Not even an altercation that sent center Roy Hibbert to the locker room early could stop the Indiana Pacers from continuing their hot streak after the All-Star break.

Nuntius
02-26-2013, 10:56 PM

Yeah, he did. He deserved the ejection but let's hope that nothing more happens (although, I could say a 1-2 game suspension).

If anything, let's hope that this event pushes him to perform better for the rest of the season :D

IUfan4life
02-26-2013, 10:57 PM
1. No one that didn't get thrown out during the game is going to be suspended
2. I doubt anyone else will be suspended
3. Steph Curry looked like Tyrion Lannister out there

Heisenberg
02-26-2013, 10:58 PM
this was the best thing to come from the shoving match

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NOW, Roy Hibbert can maintain his balance.</p>&mdash; Jared Wade (@8pts9secs) <a href="https://twitter.com/8pts9secs/status/306586054754959360">February 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bunt
02-26-2013, 10:59 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTd7orYskic

Pretty similar incident.

Rondo suspended two games.

I don't think the Pacers franchise is doomed.

PR07
02-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Count me as one who likes Roy standing up for himself too. In a playoff situation, I'd hate it. However, if he's supposed to be our tall intimidator in the middle, he can't let people think they can just push him around.

PacersHomer
02-26-2013, 11:01 PM
No matter who is suspended if anyone, we're beating the Clippers. I can feel it.

Pacer Fan
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Wtf didn't Curry get ejected. He went after Roy and Roy pushed him off and then Curry went back for more. If Roy gets suspended for a game then Curry, Thompson and Jack all should be suspended. All 3 of those guys pushed on Roy. Well not sure what Curry was trying to do, but it was a big fail whatever that crap was.

cdash
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
I think we are starting to separate ourselves from the pack from the rest of the "non-Miami" contenders in the East.

Pacers13Colts12
02-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Much better fight here

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBEcU-mLXFk

PacerPenguins
02-26-2013, 11:06 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTd7orYskic

Pretty similar incident.

Rondo suspended two games.

I don't think the Pacers franchise is doomed.

Rondo threw a punch, Roy did not

tadscout
02-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Not sure what Roy is supposed to do in that situation with Curry charging up, he threw him off him twice, but never threw a punch, elbow, or anything of that nature and that's what gets you in trouble.

This... a ref stepped between Roy and Lee and it was going to settle down... but then Curry charged at Roy (multiple times), and escalated everything.

Heisenberg
02-26-2013, 11:07 PM
double OT in Miami

graphic-er
02-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I will just say, there have been several post game interviews with West, Hill, George, and Hibbert. Not one of them attempted to smooth over the situation with an apology to those fans in that corner. I'm not even saying that they have to apologize, but when you have a team that has for whatever a reason a mixed image in the community, the players who are the face of your team should step up and give a conciliatory apology for the team. Its just good PR.

pizza guy
02-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I think we are starting to separate ourselves from the pack from the rest of the "non-Miami" contenders in the East.

This. If ESPN would quit talking about the fight, maybe this would get some attention.

Golden State has been hot, Curry dropped 38, our big man gets tossed in the fourth, and we still win by double digits. This team is just beating everyone in their path right now.

D-BONE
02-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Roy and West in straight beast mode in this one.

Having a hard time imagining a healthy DG playing D as well as Lance. That cat is just ferocious on D. And he can set people up on offense.

PacersHomer
02-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't want any Warriors suspended. They play the Knicks tomorrow.

Lord Helmet
02-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I will just say, there have been several post game interviews with West, Hill, George, and Hibbert. Not one of them attempted to smooth over the situation with an apology to those fans in that corner. I'm not even saying that they have to apologize, but when you have a team that has for whatever a reason a mixed image in the community, the players who are the face of your team should step up and give a conciliatory apology for the team. Its just good PR.
Roy seemed like he was still pretty pissed in the interview with Lee, which I don't blame him.

cdash
02-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Another quick word about the scuffle: Curry seemed to lose his **** more than anyone else. I think his ego got pretty bruised after he charged at Roy and got tossed down like a rag doll.

SycamoreKen
On the "fight" I don't see how anyone but Curry gets blamed for keeping it going. If anyone shouldn't have overreacted to getting thrown down it shouldhave been him. he had no business grabbing Roy in the first place. When Roy treated him like Van Gundy he should have stayed away like little men should. He he doesn't come back at Roy a second time it ends there. It was the other Golden State guys coming to "defend" the pest that forced it into the crowd.

Speaking of the "Pest," maybe the reason we won is that their "superstar" point guard had 4 assits and 6 turnovers where our point guard had 7 assists and one turnover. Curry is still a shooting guard playing point.

Eddie Gill
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/acNaMsatiJ0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

1. What if I were to tell you there would be a skirmish, involving Lance, Roy, and West - and Lance would come out of it the least likely to get suspended? Is that something you'd be interested in?

2. Anybody else notice Biedrins tuck in the back of Curry's jersey at :43? Who here hasn't had that buddy who tucks your shirt in after a good scuffle?

ilive4sports
02-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah I'm not quite sure what the hell Curry was thinking. Just randomly going after Roy, he really escalated the situation. And then he did it again... But him getting thrown around makes it look worse on Roy rather than Curry.

tadscout
02-26-2013, 11:18 PM

You do realize that Curry, Jack, and Thompson were the ones that pushed the pile/scrum into the stands, right?

Everything was going to stop, the ref had stepped between Lee and Hibbert, and Curry escalated everything.

Also image all the crap Roy would be getting about being weak, soft, a wimp, ect if he would have just fell down and curled up after Curry rushed him... but he didn't and the GSW players kept pushing things into the stands.

idioteque
02-26-2013, 11:19 PM
You do realize that Curry, Jack, and Thompson were the ones that pushed the pile/scrum into the stands, right?

Everything was going to stop, the ref had stepped between Lee and Hibbert, and Curry escalated everything.

Also image all the crap Roy would be getting about being weak, soft, a wimp, ect if he would have just fell down and curled up after Curry rushed him... but he didn't and the GSW players kept pushing things into the stands.

Agreed but it doesn't matter. Still the right thing for our guys to talk to any affected fans afterwards from a PR perspective.

Lord Helmet
02-26-2013, 11:20 PM
ESPN Bottomline:

The Lead: Hibbert tossed after brawl in Golden State - Indiana game

Classic ESPN :laugh:

Unclebuck
02-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Sad we have to focus on the scrum instead of the game which was very exciting

ilive4sports
02-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Agreed but it doesn't matter. Still the right thing for our guys to talk to any affected fans afterwards from a PR perspective.
to be fair, we don't know if Roy and the guys talked to the fans.

Jessen
02-26-2013, 11:21 PM
I was at the game and was confused as heck as to what happened. After watching the replay on nba.com all I can say is the double tech was stupid and Roy shouldn't be suspended. He simply pushed back equally on Lee and then got ran down by Curry who repeatedly shoved Roy. Curry should have been thrown, not Roy.

TheDon
02-26-2013, 11:22 PM

who says they didn't?

Pacergeek
02-26-2013, 11:22 PM
this "brawl" was just a couple of wanna be tough guys putting on a show. Nobody actually wanted to fight each other. Lol @ Roy and Lee chest bumping like primitive cavemen. Also, lol @ Curry for being knocked down not once but twice.

tadscout
02-26-2013, 11:23 PM

I agree... you'd think West would have been the veteran smart enough to say something in the post game interview... but really we have no idea if anything was said to the fans sitting down there though...

pizza guy
Also, kudos to the fans right there, and really all of them in BLF. Those baseline fans could've gotten a push or two in, but you could tell none of them wanted any of that. I think the whole crowd held its breath for a minute, waiting to see what would play out.

Then, after it was all finished and Roy was walking out, the crowd roared in support. This isn't a crisis. This is our identity. We've changed the identity of our basketball team. We're a blood and guts, physical, gritty, smashmouth team. And I think the fans in the building are digging it. We've got that edge that Reggie and Dale used to give us. We've gotta be the scrappy ones, the tough ones. The fans relate and they love it. I know I do.

TheDon
bwahaha bulls lost to the cavs without kyrie

ECKrueger
Mark Boyle ‏@Mark_J_Boyle

A suspension would be ludicrous. RT @MichaelG_PG24: @Mark_J_Boyle You think Roy will be suspended?

Lord Helmet
this "brawl" was just a couple of wanna be tough guys putting on a show. Nobody actually wanted to fight each other. Lol @ Roy and Lee chest bumping like primitive cavemen. Also, lol @ Curry for being knocked down not once but twice.
Primitive cavemen. I actually laughed :laugh:

Pacergeek
02-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah I'm not quite sure what the hell Curry was thinking. Just randomly going after Roy, he really escalated the situation. And then he did it again... But him getting thrown around makes it look worse on Roy rather than Curry.

Curry seized the opportunity to gain street cred being involved in the "fight". Unfortunately, he failed miserably be being tossed down twice

SycamoreKen
02-26-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't get the whole idea the guys need to apologize. This sounds like the goof NASCAR fans thinking about suing because there was a crash and imagine, car parts came over the fence at them. I think the only reason they might apologize is because some non-basketball fan bought the seats because he wanted to be on t.v. and he spilled his $20 drink. Can't have the cash cows unhappy. If I had those seats I would be demanding the idiots from Golden State need to apologize. Heck I might have tried to get them off Roy.

cjhart92
02-26-2013, 11:25 PM
In other news, we've officially picked up another full game lead over the Bulls with our win and their loss to the Cavs.

hoosierguy
02-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Great, ESPN has a special segment on the bottomfeed dedicated to the "brawl."

ilive4sports
02-26-2013, 11:27 PM
bwahaha bulls lost to the cavs without kyrie
yeah but they still had Luke Walton

Pacer Fan

Roy didn't go after Curry, Roy was attacked and he protected himself. Looked to me Curry looked like a fool. Not sure why you feel that way. You like feeling bad for attackers?

SycamoreKen
I am so happy we won the game. After seeing G.S. beat the Spurs in overtime, even though Parker was hurt, I was excited to see how we would handle them. I believe this shows our team has what it takes to win, even if something like tonight happens. We could have folded but didn't. Great win.

Pacergeek
02-26-2013, 11:28 PM

This is actually a positive thing. This could be the beginning of the Pacers getting the long overdue push from the mainstream media. I welcome all coverage of the shoving match

Derek2k3
02-26-2013, 11:29 PM
After the initial confrontation with Lee, all Roy did was push guys away that were coming after him.

With the exception of Curry, no one really did anything stupid after the initial Roy/Lee shoving.

Curry should have been ejected with Roy, he was the one who kept going after Roy/making things worse.

gummy
02-26-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this. Yes Paul George's improvement has definitely helped our offense, but it looks like we're actually setting off ball screens and running, you know, plays. Much less isos than at the start of the year thankfully.

We've been running plays (or at least trying to) all along. Sure, Vogel put some wrinkles in 15 or so games ago that seemed to help, but just as important is the fact that guys aren't breaking plays and are getting into the second option quickly if need be. It's all about proper execution, which incudes better screens.

Also, Lance, OJ, and GHill have been punching it up the court so that we're getting into our sets with 20-21 seconds left instead of 17-18 like at the beginning of the year. That makes a big difference.

Last, but not least - guys are making more of the open shots that we missed a ton of to start the year.

TheDon
02-26-2013, 11:31 PM

damn they're covering us and our scuffle over fellating Lebron for his 40/15/8 game...the times they are a changin

Eleazar
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM
I don't see why Roy would be suspended. If the only reason would be because it went into the stands, then Roy is the last guy who would be suspended, as it was the Warriors who pushed it into the stands not Roy or the Pacers. I don't really even know why Roy got the second T. Give the players some fines and be done with it, that is all that really should happen.

cjhart92
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Then the players just moshed in trying to separate each other. The exchange ended up spilling into the stands, and everyone on the court on both teams joined the fray. Stephen Curry looked to stop the fight, but instead took some rough shots from David West and Roy Hibbert, resulting in him falling to the ground.

this was part of an article on sbnation...ridiculous

hoosierguy
02-26-2013, 11:33 PM
This is actually a positive thing. This could be the beginning of the Pacers getting the long overdue push from the mainstream media. I welcome all coverage of the shoving match

It depends on how it is spun by the talking heads. I wouldn't mind the Pacers getting a rep a la the Bad Boys Pistons.

cjhart92
Then the players just moshed in trying to separate each other. The exchange ended up spilling into the stands, and everyone on the court on both teams joined the fray. Stephen Curry looked to stop the fight, but instead took some rough shots from David West and Roy Hibbert, resulting in him falling to the ground.

just a follow up, heres the link http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/26/4034208/warriors-pacers-fight-video-roy-hibbert-stephen-curry

PR07
Yeah, not sure what our guys need to apologize for, standing up for themselves? Nothing they did crossed the line.

pizza guy
02-26-2013, 11:34 PM

Interesting thought. Watching ESPN, I don't think they're really painting us in a bad light. Every time they talk about it, they mention how it might unfortunately overshadow how well we've been playing. Maybe any press is good press here??

I honestly don't think people are going to think much of the scrum. It wasn't too ugly, just scared me when it got into that corner. I hope people are smart enough to shrug it off as a run-of-the-mill shovefest, and notice that we beat another good team by double digits.

cdash
02-26-2013, 11:34 PM

Yeah, that is absurd.

ilive4sports
02-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Roy didn't go after Curry, Roy was attacked and he protected himself. Looked to me Curry looked like a fool. Not sure why you feel that way. You like feeling bad for attackers?
let me clarify, i dont feel bad for Curry. But someone just seeing the replay once, without really watching just sees a 7'2" guy push a significantly smaller guy to the ground. It makes Roy look bad because there is so much commotion on the floor, you don't notice at first that Curry is dumb.

Lord Helmet
02-26-2013, 11:36 PM
The Brawl went to the stands and Hibbert was ejected - ESPN

graphic-er
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM

Again thats why I used the words "conciliatory apology".

cjhart92
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
I'd be less concerned with how ESPN is covering it and more concerned with how the local media portrays it. The Star seems to be downplaying it, but I wonder how the news stations will cover it. Anyone know? I don't live in Indiana anymore so I'd have no clue

15th parallel
02-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Didn't watch the game, so can't comment really on the incident. But I think it's being overblown here. Nobody got hurt badly, and the game went on. So nothing to worry about.

Hibbert will probably get a suspension due to getting 2 techs and getting tossed out of the game. Not sure for the others from both sides. Anyway, it's a great game by the P's. Leading by double digits on every win after the ASB, damn we're dominating right now!

Lord Helmet
The bums at ESPN are about to talk about the brawl after this commercial break, I believe.

I'll echo Unclebuck, it is sad we have to focus on this, instead of us whooping the Warrior's asses.

But sadly, it kind of matters.

Ransom
This stuff isn't nothing, but it happened periodically during the 90s between teams like Bulls and Knicks.

DGPR
02-26-2013, 11:40 PM
The game itself was very good and I'm excited we got our 5th in a row. It's really too bad Miami decided to take this time to go on their own run on the league.

PacersHomer
02-26-2013, 11:40 PM
This stuff isn't nothing, but it happened periodically during the 90s between teams like Bulls and Knicks.

NBA fans

"I wish it was more like the 90s! Tough players, tough league."
Small brouhaha happens
"Why I never! Suspend everyone in the general area!"

ECKrueger
02-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness

"I felt like those guys attacked Roy, it was 2 or 3 guys coming after him.We talk about togetherness..We're going to defend 1 another" -West

Heisenberg
02-26-2013, 11:41 PM
I'd be less concerned with how ESPN is covering it and more concerned with how the local media portrays it. The Star seems to be downplaying it, but I wonder how the news stations will cover it. Anyone know? I don't live in Indiana anymore so I'd have no clue

IU lost. I really don't think this is anything more than a blip, as it should be. I mean no one even threw a punch, Pacers Digest is overreacting.

tadscout
02-26-2013, 11:42 PM
The guys on NBA TV (Greg Anthony and Chris Weber) said they don't think Roy did anything wrong, btw....

15th parallel
02-26-2013, 11:43 PM
The bums at ESPN are about to talk about the brawl after this commercial break, I believe.

I'll echo Unclebuck, it is sad we have to focus on this, instead of us whooping the Warrior's asses.

But sadly, it kind of matters.

Instead of media like ESPN helping to clean the image of the Pacers (for the good of the league in general), they like bringing that up in every possible chance they get. Just sad that a small market team like the Pacers get more coverage due to small scuffles than on actual game performance. Man, they should probably promote the Pacers more because right now only the Pacers are looking like real contenders for their Heat in the East.

Heisenberg
02-26-2013, 11:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Together!</p>&mdash; Paul George (@Paul_George24) <a href="https://twitter.com/Paul_George24/status/306608228417040384">February 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mackey_Rose
02-26-2013, 11:44 PM
That fight was mostly nonsense, though I won't be surprised if we are minus Roy on Thursday.

If we get games like that out of our 3 best players, we are going to be really, really hard to beat.

mattie
02-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Just a fun game tonight tho. Fun seeing Hill in the first respond to Curry's 10 with 15... West dominated all game. PG had a quiet 23 it seemed.

And even if Curry is killing your own team, man is he fun to watch. He was on fire tonight.

ECKrueger
02-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Watching the Florida/Tennessee game, and they had a commercial break about what's coming up after the game on Sportscenter: Miami pushed to OT and Pacers-Warriors brawl.

It makes me mad that they use brawl more than anything. That was far from a brawl. Maybe a scuffle.

ECKrueger
02-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Love from Sage Steele though

Sage Steele ‏@sagesteele

Another big @Pacers win-Despite altercation.Love their never-back-down attitude.Overall-MUCH better tm than last yr.Can't wait for playoffs!

Sage Steele ‏@sagesteele

@PacersKev @pacers I try to hide my love for this tm but failing miserably! My husband&son are flying in from CT for Sunday's gm-9th bday :)

TheDon
02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness

"I felt like those guys attacked Roy, it was 2 or 3 guys coming after him.We talk about togetherness..We're going to defend 1 another" -West

A little bit more eloquent than "we ride together" Mr. West, who says we haven't improved? :laugh:

Lord Helmet
02-26-2013, 11:49 PM
So far ESPN has been the only one referring to the primitive cavemen shoving each other as a "brawl"

Are we surprised? No, not at all. Do a lot of casual fans and fans in general watch ESPN? Yes. That's why it sucks. But hey, forget them, most of them aren't coming out to games anyway.

DGPR
02-26-2013, 11:50 PM
"No Malice at the Palace, even though it was the Pacers". Get ****ed ESPN

Heisenberg
02-26-2013, 11:51 PM
So far ESPN has been the only one referring to the primitive cavemen shoving each other as a "brawl"

Are we surprised? No, not at all. Do a lot of casual fans and fans in general watch ESPN? Yes. That's why it sucks. But hey, forget them, most of them aren't coming out to games anyway.

the general reaction from unbiased observers on twitter seems to be "what? that's it?"

cdash
02-26-2013, 11:52 PM
We are a sensitive bunch here. Of course ESPN is going to talk about the scuffle before the game--it generates more ratings and page views. Not rocket science, people.

Lord Helmet
02-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Tim Legler just said it was all Roy's fault because of the way he ran into Lee coming down to the basket. :unimpress

boombaby1987
02-26-2013, 11:56 PM
VERY BAD BRAWL? **** YOU ESPN!

BillS
02-26-2013, 11:58 PM
The hype is getting worse - by tomorrow it will be the only story. Has gone from "scuffle" to "fight" to "brawl" to "big brawl" just in the 20 minutes we've been watching ESPN.

"Indy Fight Night"

This could be the nail in the coffin for the franchise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mattie
02-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Relax. It is nothing. *****.

Can we talk about the game now?

PacersHomer
02-27-2013, 12:00 AM
For fun, here are the magic numbers for the Pacers.

Miami-32
New York-27
Atlanta-24
Brooklyn-23
Chicago-21
Boston-20
Milwaukee-19
Philadelphia-14
Toronto-13
Detroit-9
Washington-9
Cleveland-9
Orlando-6
Charlotte-4

TheDon
02-27-2013, 12:01 AM
"Warriors power forward David Lee said his left shoulder is so bruised he might miss Wednesday's game in New York." www.rotoinfo.com/nba (http://www.rotoinfo.com/nba)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ovQSyKtbrKs/UCNgNZ4qKEI/AAAAAAAAO30/EK9TgLnZGZ0/s1600/Worlds+Smallest+Violin.jpg

PacersHomer
lol nobody will even remember after Thursday.

Mackey_Rose

Haha wut?

KingGeorge_24
I loved this game so much! I was going to go to the game but the roads were bad for my car! SMH. This brawl thing is going to be ugly by the media. I on the other hand LOVED it. I love to see that our team cares and sticks together. Sure it didnt have to go that far but hey its basketball. Id rather watch that then watch superstars get babied by the league.

PacersHomer
"Warriors power forward David Lee said his left shoulder is so bruised he might miss Wednesday's game in New York." www.rotoinfo.com/nba (http://www.rotoinfo.com/nba)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ovQSyKtbrKs/UCNgNZ4qKEI/AAAAAAAAO30/EK9TgLnZGZ0/s1600/Worlds+Smallest+Violin.jpg

2nd in the league in flagrant fouls. He's a douche who uses hard fouls to make up for his crappy D.

boombaby1987
The hype is getting worse - by tomorrow it will be the only story. Has gone from "scuffle" to "fight" to "brawl" to "big brawl" just in the 20 minutes we've been watching ESPN.

"Indy Fight Night"

Your sarcasm never fails to make me laugh.

Jessen
02-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Reddit's response:
http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/19au8q/pacers_vs_warriors_fight_at_tonights_game/

Also someone inserted a very funny picture of David West
http://imgur.com/YcK45oM

ilive4sports
02-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Some thoughts from an NBA thread on another forum i frequent (a non nba forum as well) about the altercation"

<tbody>
Rofl steph curry using the commotion to pretend he's separating people when he's lookin for a fight

</tbody>

would have been funny if steph twisted his ankle in that fight.

I don't like the chippy attitude that Golden State has had all year. They aren't that good - I have not idea how they play with that sort of swag.

no comments about Roy, West or any of the Pacers.

boombaby1987
02-27-2013, 12:04 AM
THEY CHANGED IT FROM BRAWL TO FIGHT! PRAISE THE LORD!

Banta
02-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Not a brawl. M**herf**kers are in jail after there is a brawl.

Lord Helmet
02-27-2013, 12:08 AM
They did? I'm watching Conan, now.

gummy
02-27-2013, 12:10 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278564

Curry tried to push Hibbert away and was shoved twice to the court as the fight went from the key to the baseline.

"Seriously, I didn't even feel him," Hibbert said of Curry. "I saw some light-skinned guy. I don't know if it was Klay Thompson or Steph Curry, I just knew there was a light-skinned guy by me."

:laugh:

cadursal
02-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Back to, y'know, basketball...

Our last 10 wins have been by 10 points or more...

Our last 4 losses have been in overtime or by 1 point

We're a couple bounces away from a 14 game win streak.

PacersHomer

Curry tried to push Hibbert away and was shoved twice to the court as the fight went from the key to the baseline.

"Seriously, I didn't even feel him," Hibbert said of Curry. "I saw some light-skinned guy. I don't know if it was Klay Thompson or Steph Curry, I just knew there was a light-skinned guy by me."

I probably laughed too hard at "I just knew there was a light-skinned guy by me".

Pacerfan
If anything, this is just going to make the guys come even closer together.

They think we're blowing team out right now? Watch out.

boombaby1987
02-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Honestly, ESPN was pretty damn objective with that Sportscenter feature. I am not upset.

Heisenberg
Chris Webber just thought it was funny.

For what it's worth David Lee seemed fine with it in the post-game, just a two teams playing hard type thing.

Ichi
I agree, seems out of character for Hibbert.

I viewed it as a great thing. The fans took up for the team, and Roy. Being out of character in Hibbert's case is not at all bad imo. I'm a huge fan of his, but he's pretty soft the majority of the time. He stood his ground and for once didn't get punked. It's not a bad thing.

ilive4sports
oh hey, another double digit win too

pizza guy
02-27-2013, 12:13 AM

It's because I tweeted them saying it was an over-dramatization to say brawl. LOL

PacersHomer
02-27-2013, 12:13 AM
If, anything this is just going to make the guys come even closer together.

They think we're blowing team out right now? Watch out.

If we don't have anyone suspended, Thursday night could be a very fun game.

Ralph Snart
02-27-2013, 12:15 AM
I was at the game tonight and took a few photos. Notice Stephen Curry grab Roy Hibbert, then Hibbert grabs Curry by the neck and throws him to the ground.
I don't think that was a move Hibbert learned during his MMA training this past summer.

http://imgur.com/a/DGquY

gummy
02-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Reddit's response:
http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/19au8q/pacers_vs_warriors_fight_at_tonights_game/

Also someone inserted a very funny picture of David West
http://imgur.com/YcK45oM

That picture is so funny it deserves more than just a link! In place of the numbers on the front it should say "BAMF" though. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/YcK45oM.jpg

cdash
02-27-2013, 12:16 AM
Anyone else see the fan holding back the other fans around him during the scuffle?

Mackey_Rose
02-27-2013, 12:16 AM
If we don't have anyone suspended, Thursday night could be a very fun game.

He played well tonight, but considering how he has played this year, I believe it will be a very fun game with or without Hibbert on Thursday.

Banta
02-27-2013, 12:17 AM
I was excited to see Roy act like a man for the first time this season. I hope this inspires him to come out and push some light-skinned guys to the ground with regularity.

cdash
02-27-2013, 12:18 AM
I was at the game tonight and took a few photos. Notice Stephen Curry grab Roy Hibbert, then Hibbert grabs Curry by the neck and throws him to the ground.
I don't think that was a move Hibbert learned during his MMA training this past summer.

http://imgur.com/a/DGquY

Those are awesome. Roy was pushing Curry away like he would an irritating Chihuahua :laugh:

Goyle
02-27-2013, 12:20 AM

PACERS BRAWL INSTIGATED BY RACIST CENTER????

gummy
02-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Those are awesome. Roy was pushing Curry away like he would an irritating Chihuahua :laugh:

Curry: Unnnnnngh! Can't. Move. This. Big. Boulder. :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/bOVvB1qh.jpg

ilive4sports
02-27-2013, 12:26 AM
Paul George saved Steph Curry from another severe injury it looks like.

Heisenberg
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM
the brouhaha keeps the national media from embarrassing George Hill after Curry broke his ankles, so silver linings

BillS
02-27-2013, 12:28 AM
For every time they compare this to "the Malice in the Palace" we should counter by calling it "the Tiff in the BLF"

Still think this will blow up big time but at least could give myself a giggle...

Dr. Awesome
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
I wonder if this will light a fire under Hibbert offensively.

Mackey_Rose
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Still think this will blow up big time but at least could give myself a giggle...

Seriously this time. Why on Earth would you think that?

Dr. Awesome
02-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Seriously this time. Why on Earth would you think that?

Stern HATES the Pacers.

I fully expect us to get ****ed.

Heisenberg
02-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Star changed the game wrapup title from "Hibbert/Curry Tussle" (whatever it was, something like that) to "David West makes key plays - again - for Pacers."

There's also a Kravitz story called "Brawl?! Please, we know brawls, and this ain't one" basically telling everyone that wants to make a big deal out of this that they're stupid.

Good on ya Star. For once.

BornReady
02-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Can we please sign David West to a lifetime contract? I seriously love that dude

Pacerfan
02-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Stern HATES the Pacers.

Stern still owes Donnie big time for doing him a favor and making the Knicks relevant again.

Wonder if Donnie's giving him a call yet.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Ok there is absolutely no reason to freak out about what happened at the end of the game, and I don't know if anyone has brought this up, and I am sure it might be unpopular, but what role does having a female ref play in the length of a time something like this lasts? I feel like a 3 man crew could have gotten it cleaned up quicker. I mean what is Violet going to do?

NOTE: I feel the same way about the old dudes like Dick Bavetta.

A-Train
02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
I was excited to see Roy act like a man for the first time this season. I hope this inspires him to come out and push some light-skinned guys to the ground with regularity.

Talking to YOU Blake Griffin! :D

Pace Maker
02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Paul George tried to save Curry lol http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/hibbertcurry.gif

Mackey_Rose
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Stern HATES the Pacers.

What could he possibly do that would "put the nail in the coffin of this franchise?"

Does potentially suspending Hibbert one game in February qualify as "****ing" us?

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:05 AM
1 game for Roy. Maybe one game for West. Anything more than that and I will be absolutely floored.

Curry should get a game just for being a monumental dumbass.

Sandman21
02-27-2013, 01:05 AM
If Roy gets a suspension, then Curry should get one just for escalating it.

He doesn't act a fool, Roy gets a T and thats it.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Also, did anyone else notice Jarret Jack shove a poor photographer to the ground on purpose shortly before the incident between Roy and Lee? Warriors were just strangely on edge tonight. Wonder how that locker room is.

Wonder just what kind of locker room guy Mr. Jack is.

diamonddave00
02-27-2013, 01:08 AM
I don't see anyone being suspended , no punches thrown , no harm.

KingGeorge_24
02-27-2013, 01:11 AM
Curry: Unnnnnngh! Can't. Move. This. Big. Boulder. :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/bOVvB1qh.jpg

bhahahahahahahahaha!

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Sad we have to focus on the scrum instead of the game which was very exciting

Pacers locked it down in the second half. What can you say. Big bro holding back little bro from basically 5 minutes left in the 3rd onward.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Seriously, the weirdest thing about this was how sudden it was. No real hard fouls and clean basketball before hand. That's the only real odd thing, maybe Curry was just tired of being destroyed on the pick and roll all night. Good lord kid learn to play some defense.

The only guy who wasn't shocking was with JJack who is a perpetual D-Bag and has been his entire career. Even going back to GA Tech. As a basketball player only, I'd love to have him, but honestly I am glad he is not around. The guy is a douche.

Foul on Smits
02-27-2013, 01:16 AM
David West jabs Curry with a punch at the 17 second mark. I think he'll be suspended.

Trophy
02-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Nothing major occurred. It was all pushing and shoving. It's part of sports.

It's not a big deal. Just some extra action to a good game.

Nonetheless, we got our 5th straight win and we're really tearing teams up.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Cracking up at one thing on here right now.

Everyone acting like thi sis the first time ESPN is giving us air time. We had our own segment after every game last week. Seriously, don't blame ESPN just because some of you love to play the little brother card.

Dr. Awesome
02-27-2013, 01:19 AM
What could he possibly do that would "put the nail in the coffin of this franchise?"

Does potentially suspending Hibbert one game in February qualify as "****ing" us?

Not sure why you put that in quotes, definitely didn't come out of my mouth(and by that I mean, I didn't type it 0_0).

I'm just wondering why everyone is expecting Stern to act logical?

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:20 AM

"Indy Fight Night"

Lol Bill. And I thought you were at the bottom in the concourse.

rock747
02-27-2013, 01:22 AM
After getting home, and being able to watch the scuffle on youtube.... If hibbert gets suspended so should Curry. Curry was being nothing buy an instigator.

Heisenberg
02-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Seriously, the weirdest thing about this was how sudden it was. No real hard fouls and clean basketball before hand. That's the only real odd thing, maybe Curry was just tired of being destroyed on the pick and roll all night. Good lord kid learn to play some defense.

The only guy who wasn't shocking was with JJack who is a perpetual D-Bag and has been his entire career. Even going back to GA Tech. As a basketball player only, I'd love to have him, but honestly I am glad he is not around. The guy is a douche.

That's the weirdest part to me too. Just seemed like a normal every day game before that, no chippiness or jawing or anything, not that I can remember or saw. Then BOOM DAVID LEE'S SHOVING ROY AND HERE WE GO. I can't decide how I feel about it really. I think Roy overreacted a little bit but I'm elated that his balls dropped.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Not sure why you put that in quotes, definitely didn't come out of my mouth(and by that I mean, I didn't type it 0_0).

There is no reason to be upset about this.

1.) Not a nationally televised game
2.) Nobody with any real history of being a hot head, except for Jack (and maybe, maybe Lance, but that really hasn't been true in the NBA)

There's just not much for Stern to be illogical about. He will probably not even review this to be honest. He only took over the brawl personally because of it being national TV, etc.

Foul on Smits
02-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Was Lee even looking for the rebound when he shoved Roy? It was about as blatant as it gets.

Day-V
02-27-2013, 01:29 AM
I think Roy could've stood up for himself without having to push back. Get in Lee's face, cuss him out, gesture at him. But shoving back, man, I wish he could've reacted differently. But, what's done is done. Hopefully the Big Fella doesn't get put on blast TOO much by Commissioner Palpatine.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 01:31 AM
One guy shoving another guy under the basket happens pretty much every single night n the NBA. The issue was when Curry and Jack decided they wanted to try and tackle Roy like two cracked out chihauahuas.

tadscout
02-27-2013, 01:33 AM
I think Roy could've stood up for himself without having to push back. Get in Lee's face, cuss him out, gesture at him. But shoving back, man, I wish he could've reacted differently. But, what's done is done. Hopefully the Big Fella doesn't get put on blast TOO much by Commissioner Palpatine.

Sad thing is, it would have only been a double T if Curry didn't rush at Hibbert and escalated everything... by the time Curry rushed at him the ref had stepped between Lee and Hibbert and looked like it was going to calm down.

Heisenberg
02-27-2013, 01:37 AM
I just remembered this was Roger Brown night. Sucks this kinda mars a great story.

CableKC
02-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Ok there is absolutely no reason to freak out about what happened at the end of the game, and I don't know if anyone has brought this up, and I am sure it might be unpopular, but what role does having a female ref play in the length of a time something like this lasts? I feel like a 3 man crew could have gotten it cleaned up quicker. I mean what is Violet going to do?
None, unless the refs are built like linebackers and are 7 feet tall.....I really doubt that it would have made any difference which refs are on the floor.....we are talking about 200 to 250 pound 6 to 7 foot tall players here.

Sookie
02-27-2013, 02:06 AM

NOTE: I feel the same way about the old dudes like Dick Bavetta.

Yea, it didn't really look like that big of a deal. Just some shoving and a lot of talking.

I don't think it makes any difference. Truth is, NBA players don't really want to actually fight. If they did, the refs wouldn't succeed in holding them back. (Unless like, DC and Nash got into it..and even then..)

rock747
02-27-2013, 02:15 AM
I don't understand why Hibbert would come out and say he expects to be suspended.... is he trying to force the NBAs cards in suspending him?

*astrisk*
02-27-2013, 02:15 AM
Stern should suspend DWest for the beating he put on the Warriors, tonight... David Stern would be well within his rights to suspend that "BAMF"... How could David appeal a 1000 game suspension? It might get reduced to 999 games. "For BAMF reasons"...

*astrisk*
02-27-2013, 02:17 AM
I don't understand why Hibbert would come out and say he expects to be suspended.... is he trying to force the NBAs cards in suspending him?

He needs an extra day to work on his Harlem Shake video with A55?

Naptown_Seth
02-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Roy and West in straight beast mode in this one.

Having a hard time imagining a healthy DG playing D as well as Lance. That cat is just ferocious on D. And he can set people up on offense.
I can't even begin to agree on Lance's defense. He gambles, misreads plays and does all sorts of other things mentally that make the game harder for him.

He is elite physically, but he's not a great or consistent player yet. Danny defends much better and was defending very well tonight.

What is most impressive is with Hill at point, you have so much length in those recovery strides that guys can cut their man off even if they miss on the first step. And Danny does that the same what Hill and Paul do, he turned some guys away tonight even.

And then Danny as a post defender vs Lance? Please. Danny is already showing he can outplay Lance on defense, and as he gets more in synch and up to speed it will only be a wider gap. Lance is a great bench player, Danny is all-star caliber and not just for chucking 3s.

*astrisk*
02-27-2013, 02:27 AM
<-----Will never be able to brag about being suspended for being a BAMF...

<----- Have been suspended for being a DumbAMF... (not much to brag about)

CableKC
02-27-2013, 02:28 AM
Was Lee even looking for the rebound when he shoved Roy? It was about as blatant as it gets.
I was listening to the GSW radio feed ( yes, it maybe biased ) and they were suggesting that Hibbert did something prior to that play on the other end of the court that may have I initially prompted Lee to shove Hibbert in the first place.

Naptown_Seth
02-27-2013, 02:29 AM
Paul George tried to save Curry lol http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/hibbertcurry.gif
Audio track for Roy - "GET OFF ME SON!"

Probably not true, but I like to think it was and I'd like to think he sounded like Tracy Morgan or Method Man.

Sandman21
02-27-2013, 02:32 AM

Because the Warriors did make the the fracas spill into a small area of the stands.. he probably expects him (and Curry and Jack) to be sitting a game. I would too if it were me in his case.

Naptown_Seth
02-27-2013, 02:32 AM
I was listening to the GSW radio feed ( yes, it maybe biased ) and they were suggesting that Hibbert did something prior to that play on the other end of the court that may have I initially prompted Lee to shove Hibbert in the first place.

I checked that first thing. Lee got hit in the head going up for a shot that got stopped (blocked/defended) with no call, but it was Paul George's arm that brushed his forehead as he come over the top to make a play on the ball/actually deflect it. It's hard to see the contact for certain, but Lee goes to his forehead as though it got hit when the play returns upcourt.

So now he's all chippy and when Roy plants the hard hip into him it really sets him off, so he gives Roy an over the top shove when "going for rebound position". Roy is not chippy so to him this comes out of left field and ticks him off and away we go.

*astrisk*
02-27-2013, 02:34 AM
Seth, Denari and Buckner constantly refer to Pauls and Hills intercepting of passes at the elbows and perimeter as "bad passes"... At what point does it become amazing defense where they lull you into a false sense of security and "jump the lane" so to speak?

Naptown_Seth
02-27-2013, 02:34 AM
Because the Warriors did make the the fracas spill into a small area of the stands.. he probably expects him (and Curry and Jack) to be sitting a game. I would too if it were me in his case.
I don't like it, but I understand it...IF Curry and Jack both sit too. Curry went wildman Jackson the play, and Jack is the one that made Roy and the crowd go so far into the stands with his unneeded shove/tackle of Roy (with Klay helping)

Heisenberg
02-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Seth, Denari and Buckner constantly refer to Pauls and Hills intercepted passes at the elbows and perimeter as "bad passes"... At what point does it become amazing defense where they lull you into a false sense of security and "jump the lane" so to speak?

You talking about the passes PG and Hill make that get picked or the ones they pick off? Because PG's been making a crapload of just awful passes into traffic lately.

Naptown_Seth
02-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Seth, Denari and Buckner constantly refer to Pauls and Hills intercepted passes at the elbows and perimeter as "bad passes"... At what point does it become amazing defense where they lull you into a false sense of security and "jump the lane" so to speak?
It's definitely a scheme that's working when you see the identical play happen again and again. The Pacers either have scheme that normally does this, or they read a weakness in the GSW ball movement because this was the equivalent of a MLB shift where a hard hit ball goes right to a guy playing out of position. A few Paul "jumped" a bit, but a couple had Pacers almost waiting on them.

The Pacers have had a lot of success defending dribbles and passes basically from high post to high post. Think of some of the dribbles we've been seeing West knock away. It feels like there is a scheme in place to facilitate that. I might go rewatch for explicitly that rather than watch the scrum 20 more times. ;)

*astrisk*
02-27-2013, 02:41 AM
You talking about the passes PG and Hill make that get picked or the ones they pick off? Because PG's been making a crapload of just awful passes into traffic lately.

Yeah, I saw it was ambiguously typed. I corrected it to "intercepting of passes"

Heisenberg
02-27-2013, 02:44 AM
It's definitely a scheme that's working when you see the identical play happen again and again. The Pacers either have scheme that normally does this, or they read a weakness in the GSW ball movement because this was the equivalent of a MLB shift where a hard hit ball goes right to a guy playing out of position. A few Paul "jumped" a bit, but a couple had Pacers almost waiting on them.

The Pacers have had a lot of success defending dribbles and passes basically from high post to high post. Think of some of the dribbles we've been seeing West knock away. It feels like there is a scheme in place to facilitate that. I might go rewatch for explicitly that rather than watch the scrum 20 more times. ;)
it's because Vogel's a JOB disciple and JOB preached deflections all day

hackashaq
02-27-2013, 03:04 AM
Violet Palmer just stood there and watched.

I wonder if it's just Palmer freezing and losing her head, or does the NBA ask women referees to not interfer in physical altercations like this one... i hope not because that would be a major disadvantage when it comes to female refs. Palmer was the closest ref, she should've been the one to step in between Hibbert and Lee right away, and she did nothing and allowed it to escalate.

imawhat
02-27-2013, 03:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YcK45oM.jpg

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/hibbertcurry.gif

Now they droppin' and yellin' it's a tad bit late
Big Dawg and David West had to regulate

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l1JlzkiKbCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Heisenberg
02-27-2013, 03:07 AM
Violet Palmer just stood there and watched.

I wonder if it's just Palmer freezing and losing her head, or does the NBA ask women referees to not interfer in physical altercations like this one out of fear of some 'indecent' scenes or something... i hope not because that would be a major disadvantage when it comes to female refs. Palmer was the closest ref, she should've been the one to step in between Hibbert and Lee right away, and she did nothing and allowed it to escalate.she sort of made a glancing effort to grab a guy as he went in then she just got outta the way. and I don't blame her. watch the video and ask what any of the refs actually did, when stuff like this happens no players want to actually do anything, just let players and coaches cool it down.

hell when the real brawl happened there was only one ref that actually tried to do his "job."

rock747
02-27-2013, 03:21 AM
http://ballislife.com/roy-hibbert-doesnt-want-water-from-the-waterboy/
Poor water boy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4kJWzutYtjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CableKC
02-27-2013, 04:11 AM
she sort of made a glancing effort to grab a guy as he went in then she just got outta the way. and I don't blame her. watch the video and ask what any of the refs actually did, when stuff like this happens no players want to actually do anything, just let players and coaches cool it down.

hell when the real brawl happened there was only one ref that actually tried to do his "job."
When it comes to the pushing and shoving of up to ten 6 to 7 foot 250+ Basketball Players....any Ref ( whether it is Violet Palmer or any other 175 pound 5 foot nothing Rudy-like Ref ) would have been as effective as this guy at the bottom of the heap trying to break up another brawl:

http://www.vibe.com/sites/vibe.com/files/styles/main_image/public/images/vangundy.jpg

Whether it be fair or not.....I fully expect that Hibbert be suspended for at least 1 game. Why? because the NBA doesn't want this type of stuff happening...especially when it spills onto the courtside seats and into the public. I hope that Lee, Curry and Thompson get suspended as well for escalating and shoving it to where Fans are seated....but my guess is that they won't. Someone will be made an example of this...and Hibbert's going to be the fall guy.

Foul on Smits
02-27-2013, 04:15 AM
Indiana has won 10 of there last 12 games. By 18 points a game.

Indra
02-27-2013, 04:34 AM
After watching it, I think Lee got pissed that Hibbert ran into him so hard earlier in the play, a little pushing and shoving, and that's it. I think Hibbert was really upset obviously, and Curry was only trying to separate him from Lee. I don't think Curry or Jack acted out of control. If anyone was out of control it was Hibbert. Elbowing Curry in the back of the head and throwing him around like that. Ugly.

spazzxb
02-27-2013, 07:06 AM
After watching it, I think Lee got pissed that Hibbert ran into him so hard earlier in the play, a little pushing and shoving, and that's it. I think Hibbert was really upset obviously, and Curry was only trying to separate him from Lee. I don't think Curry or Jack acted out of control. If anyone was out of control it was Hibbert. Elbowing Curry in the back of the head and throwing him around like that. Ugly.

Your obviously biased for some reason. If not the first time, Curry had no reason to go after Roy the second. Roy wasn't even doing anything, just standing still. Roy simply wanted the little chihuahua to get off his leg. The dbags were the Golden State little guys who never should have been involved whatsoever. There is no way you can honestly believe Curry was innocent.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

NapTonius Monk
02-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Yes they will together with Jack.Against the Clippers no less...Oy Vey!

Johanvil
02-27-2013, 08:28 AM
West had a brilliant game last night. Hill also had a great one and Roy was really solid.
As for the fight, it was just shoving and nothing else. I expect an one game suspension for Hibbert and that's it. Maybe one for Curry or Clay Thompson too.

graphic-er
02-27-2013, 09:26 AM
From the side line replay you can clearly see Klay Thompson throw a punch at Hibbert's gut and it ends up with Roy stumbling back into the Laps of the fans. Here is hoping the league sees that.

CreekShow
02-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Indiana has won 10 of there last 12 games. By 18 points a game.

And the 2 they lost were in OT and they really had no business losing either of those

thewholefnshow31
02-27-2013, 09:29 AM
I completely expect Hibbert to be suspended at least one game. Like another poster said Stern does not like this stuff especially when it spills into the crowd. I do think Curry should at least be suspended from Golden State because he just escalated his stuff with running at Hibbert. Hibbert and Lee were in their little shoving and trash talking match and Curry ran up and just shoved Hibbert. Of course he is going to shove him away and defend himself. Then Curry, who just got thrown like a rag doll had his ego hurt, went after Hibbert.

How Curry does not get suspended in this for escalating it is beyond me.

Overall it is just nice to see us keep rolling.

Ace E.Anderson
02-27-2013, 09:36 AM
And the 2 they lost were in OT and they really had no business losing either of those

Dont remind us...

Mackey_Rose
02-27-2013, 09:44 AM

That was what BillS said, which solicited my initial response.

I guess I just don't know what you think he will do that will result in us getting "****ed." Even if he suspended the whole team for a game, and forced us to forfeit on Thursday, it's still just going to be one game in an 82 game season. Worst case scenario, we have to play a few games without Hibbert, so what? Minor bump in the road.

I don't know why anyone is worried about this.

Banta
02-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Don't know if its been said, but Klay Thompson deserves a game for the cheap shot elbow in Hibbert's back just as the skirmish was starting to really escalate.

You know that was a very hard elbow he gave because it really moved Hibbbert.

Mackey_Rose
02-27-2013, 10:28 AM
You know that was a very hard elbow he gave because it really moved Hibbbert.

I take it you haven't watched much of Roy Hibbert's career.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
From the side line replay you can clearly see Klay Thompson throw a punch at Hibbert's gut and it ends up with Roy stumbling back into the Laps of the fans. Here is hoping the league sees that.

And Roy does not react to him either. Which IMO is why Roy should not be suspended.

BillS
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
That was what BillS said, which solicited my initial response.

I guess I just don't know what you think he will do that will result in us getting "****ed." Even if he suspended the whole team for a game, and forced us to forfeit on Thursday, it's still just going to be one game in an 82 game season. Worst case scenario, we have to play a few games without Hibbert, so what? Minor bump in the road.

I don't know why anyone is worried about this.

My worries were really the local fan reaction. This was a made-for-media timing, what with coming on top of the chiding of fans for not showing up and the promotion of the team as playing basketball "the right way". ESPN fed that downward spiral when we were watching after the game, as the descriptions seemed to wind up from somewhat dismissive to hype at the Detroit level.

Now, this morning, I am much calmer. Local media didn't seem to jump on the team, local fans (so far) seem not to be accepting the parallels (with the exception of one or two who have some legitimate concerns about the fans <i>inadvertently</i> caught in the middle).

All that remains is to see if Stern takes punitive measures beyond what might be expected.

A game for Roy and nothing else would be fine, though I hate to see it come when we have a tough game Thursday.

The cynical PTSD part of my brain, however, fully expects multiple games for Roy (up to and including him being still out March 10) and at least 1 or 2 games for West - along with no suspensions for any of the Warriors players. There is a part of me that feels strongly that Stern will take the opportunity to punish the franchise for its history even though NO ONE INVOLVED IN 2004 IS STILL AROUND.

That could go two ways - it could get Pacer casual fans pissed off at the league and behind the team, or it could reinforce negative images of the NBA (the "why bother" and the elements of "thug"). If it does the latter, it sets us back in a season where we HAVE to end up selling out games. More apathy/antipathy from local casual fans will lead to the team needing to move to greener pastures - which, as you all know, is my recurring nightmare.

Chalk it up to perfectly normal paranoia and pass the black helicopters.

idioteque
02-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Looking at facebook posts and the Star article, I have seen about 100 positive comments about Hibbert and the Pacers and 1 (yes, one) negative comment.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Bill it played out basically the way I told you it would. Pacers win 5th straight by double figures. And oh yeah there was this other thing but who really cares. That is how I would sum up the media's thoughts on it.

Also, I'm not sure Stern will even hand down these punishments. He will probably just approve whatever happens.

The only reason this got anywhere near the fans is because the Warriors players decided they wanted to play bumper Roy all the way to the corner of the arena if they coudl.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Looking at facebook posts and the Star article, I have seen about 100 positive comments about Hibbert and the Pacers and 1 (yes, one) negative comment.

Yes.

The city loves a fighter.

The brawl did not end the fans. Ron's trade request/demand was much more damaging. We stood by you, we stuck up for you, and NOW THIS??? That was the killer.

Dale Davis choked a dude on a basketball court.

This state's current basketball paying population in many ways was weened on one Bob Knight in Bloomington, we know a little bit about fiery passion for the game.

If anything I think Roy endeared himself last night and so did the team. Not only did they have each other's backs, but they also dropped the hammer on GSW after the scuffle and housed them for the final five minutes of that quarter. Poor Curry was getting abused so badly on the pick and roll with Hill and West that I thought he might sit down in tears at the free throw line at one point.

Kid Minneapolis
02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Yes.

The brawl did not end the fans. Ron's trade request/demand was much more damaging. We stood by you, we stuck up for you, and NOW THIS??? That was the killer.

This state's current basketball paying population in many ways was weened on one Bob Knight in Bloomington, we know a little bit about fiery passion for the game.

If anything I think Roy endeared himself last night and so did the team. Not only did they have each other's backs, but they also dropped the hammer on GSW after the scuffle and housed them for the final five minutes of that quarter. Poor Curry was getting abused so badly on the pick and roll with Hill and West that I thought he might sit down in tears at the free throw line at one point.

No, I disagree... the Brawl DID damage the relationship with the fans. It was a terrible night. The Brawl was wayyyyy worse than last night's lil' brouhaha.

Mackey_Rose
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Any comparison of what happened in Detroit in 2004, and what happened last night, is completely over the top.

They are in no way comparable. Not even close.

idioteque
02-27-2013, 10:51 AM
No, I disagree... the Brawl DID damage the relationship with the fans. It was a terrible night. The Brawl was wayyyyy worse than last night's lil' brouhaha.

I have to disagree with that. I was at one of the first (maybe the first) home game against Minnesota after the brawl. Minnesota still had KG then and they were a perennial playoff team in the West. The Pacers somehow won the game, which was sold out and the fans were really behind the team. It wasn't until the Ron trade request/8 second saloon crap where it got really ugly.

vnzla81
02-27-2013, 10:51 AM
My worries were really the local fan reaction. This was a made-for-media timing, what with coming on top of the chiding of fans for not showing up and the promotion of the team as playing basketball "the right way". ESPN fed that downward spiral when we were watching after the game, as the descriptions seemed to wind up from somewhat dismissive to hype at the Detroit level.

Now, this morning, I am much calmer. Local media didn't seem to jump on the team, local fans (so far) seem not to be accepting the parallels (with the exception of one or two who have some legitimate concerns about the fans <i>inadvertently</i> caught in the middle).

All that remains is to see if Stern takes punitive measures beyond what might be expected.

A game for Roy and nothing else would be fine, though I hate to see it come when we have a tough game Thursday.

The cynical PTSD part of my brain, however, fully expects multiple games for Roy (up to and including him being still out March 10) and at least 1 or 2 games for West - along with no suspensions for any of the Warriors players. There is a part of me that feels strongly that Stern will take the opportunity to punish the franchise for its history even though NO ONE INVOLVED IN 2004 IS STILL AROUND.

That could go two ways - it could get Pacer casual fans pissed off at the league and behind the team, or it could reinforce negative images of the NBA (the "why bother" and the elements of "thug"). If it does the latter, it sets us back in a season where we HAVE to end up selling out games. More apathy/antipathy from local casual fans will lead to the team needing to move to greener pastures - which, as you all know, is my recurring nightmare.

Chalk it up to perfectly normal paranoia and pass the black helicopters.

A lot of the things you are talking about here are the same things Oldblu was talking about yesterday and he was called a troll by multiple posters, just thought I point that out.

BillS
02-27-2013, 10:52 AM

The Brawl damaged the Pacers' national reputation and set the media up to react strongly to what happened later.

If it had happened in a vacuum, local fans would probably have been able to move forward.

However, when other things happened, involving participants in the Brawl, the media (both national and local) rushed to tie the behaviors together, building a sequence of events that drove fans away.

I believe the Brawl ITSELF was the set up for what happened later. Anyone looking at it at the time with a longer view and knowing what Ron (at least) was capable of had to know that anything else that happened would send things over the edge. The next year, it did.

Banta
02-27-2013, 10:54 AM
I take it you haven't watched much of Roy Hibbert's career.

Bravo! Hilarious!

Kid Minneapolis
02-27-2013, 10:55 AM
I have to disagree with that. I was at one of the first (maybe the first) home game against Minnesota after the brawl. Minnesota still had KG then and they were a perennial playoff team in the West. The Pacers somehow won the game, which was sold out and the fans were really behind the team. It wasn't until the Ron trade request/8 second saloon crap where it got really ugly.

I don't think winning the next game proves anything. The city was riding an emotional high, but I knew it wasn't going to last. It was a false sense of hope for about five games after that. It was an Us against the NBA mentality because everyone was mad that Stern had come down so hard on the Pacers. All Artests' trade request did was make everyone mad at HIM... not the Pacers. The Brawl was where our decline as a franchise was accelerated into hyperdrive started with a massive bang.

Trader Joe
02-27-2013, 10:57 AM

I'm not comparing the two situations.

But if you were at the Orlando game the night after the brawl, it was a great atmosphere.

If you were at the home opener the year after the brawl, when Artest was intro'd, he received one of the loudest ovations I've ever heard a Pacer receive.

PaceBalls
02-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Yes.

I was at that Pacers Kings game where Dale Davis choked that dude. Everyone around me was yelling "Kick His ***!!!"

Sollozzo
02-27-2013, 10:58 AM
I was at that Pacers Kings game where Dale Davis choked that dude. Everyone around me was yelling "Kick His ***!!!" Ahh good times from the distant past.

That was the first Pacer game I ever attended.

Kid Minneapolis
02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm not comparing the two situations.

But if you were at the Orlando game the night after the brawl, it was a great atmosphere.

If you were at the home opener the year after the brawl, when Artest was intro'd, he received one of the loudest ovations I've ever heard a Pacer receive.

What does that really prove? He was a polarizing figure... he was still somewhat relevant back then.

Pacergeek
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Bayless in on our side for once!

Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) tweeted at 9:38 AM on Wed, Feb 27, 2013:
10E, ESPN2. Why Steph should be punished for going after Hibbert and why I'm with Gruden about Te'o and why LeBron should stop pregame dunks
(https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/306775333716246529)