PDA

View Full Version : Which would you prefer? Irrational Confidence guy or solid bench contributor?

mattie
02-26-2013, 04:59 AM
George Hill off the bench or Jamal Crawford?

Lance Stephenson or Monta Ellis? (providing both should come off the bench - Lance will be, Monta SHOULD be)

If you don't like any of those examples insert your own.

What brought me to this was reading Bill S and Zach Lowe's trade deadline columns. They were both talking about how Monta was a net negative on the court because of his dumb offense and **** poor defense. They made the obvious conclusion that Monta would probably be a great irrational confidence guy of the bench. I was thinking how amazing this would be for the Pacers until it dawned on me- I'd probably like Lance Stephenson more. He's a better defender. I don't think I ever like having defensive liabilities on the court. Especially when they're playing heavy minutes.

Lance playing good defense and scoring 13 or 14 a game per 36 would be my choice over Monta Ellis.. Anywho, Whadaya folks think??

yoadknux
02-26-2013, 05:37 AM
It depends on the situation. For example, if you got a team similar to how the Magic were when they had Dwight, then you need a Monta to be an outside scoring punch that could also create for others. But if you got a team like, OKC, Lakers, or even us, where you already have enough scoring options and would rather get a quiet guy that brings an all-around game then you choose a Lance over him.

HeliumFear
02-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Both in the form of Danny Granger.

pacers74
02-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Earlier in the year I would have killed for a Jamal Crawford type player, but not anymore. Our bench is very balanced now. A player like that would upset that balance.

Mac_Daddy
02-26-2013, 09:56 AM
I'll stick with Lance and George.

Dr. Awesome
02-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Irrationally confident guys can ruin chemistry on the fly, it can be very hard to develop any sort of offensive or defensive flow with someone willing to jack it up at any given time.

That is why I HATE combo guards. Nearly every(not all for those who want to take this out of context) combo guard is irrationally confident and sucks at defense. Two things I hate.

Goyle
02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Looking for Lance to develop into Irrational Confidence guy that plays defense and makes irrationally confident passes.

Trader Joe
02-26-2013, 11:03 AM
With the pairing of Lance and Monta, which exactly is supposed to not be an irrational confidence guy?

Cousy47
02-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Irrationally confident guys can ruin chemistry on the fly, it can be very hard to develop any sort of offensive or defensive flow with someone willing to jack it up at any given time.

That is why I HATE combo guards. Nearly every(not all for those who want to take this out of context) combo guard is irrationally confident and sucks at defense. Two things I hate.
And 1. IMO, one of our biggest strengths is the fact that we have 2 combo guards who have neither of problems starting right now. Neither GH or Lance have that need to shoot every time thay touch the ball and neither of them SUCK on defense.

BillS
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
What brought me to this was reading Bill S and Zach Lowe's trade deadline columns.

Please spell out Bill Simmons. It took me a minute to figure out if I'd ever written anything about Monta Ellis... :lol:

Coopdog23
02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
solid bench contributor

Hicks
02-26-2013, 04:49 PM
One of each (SG and SF, doesn't matter which plays which).

cdash
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
I'll take the guy who has rational confidence and is a solid bench contributor.

dal9
02-26-2013, 06:10 PM
I really liked the combination of irrational confidence and solid bench contributor that was Dahntay Jones. Best of both worlds. (OK, sometimes the worst).

CableKC
02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Please spell out Bill Simmons. It took me a minute to figure out if I'd ever written anything about Monta Ellis... :lol:
I don't agree with anything BillS posts........so I'll just go with what Zach Lowe mentioned in his article. ;)