View Full Version : re-writting histroy
12-21-2004, 04:13 PM
does anyone know how many records peyton has broken this year? and how many hes on pace of breaking?
12-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Peyton has broken two records to far this year that I know of:
1. He broke the record for most consecutive games with 2 or more touchdowns. The previous record was for 12 games; Peyton set the record at 13.
2. Peyton broke his own record for consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards. The record is now 6 seasons.
Peyton is on pace to break the following records (forgive me if I leave one out):
1. Total number of passing touchdowns in one season by a quarterback. The record is 48 by Dan Marino.
2. Passer rating in one season, currently held by Steve Young. Peyton's current rating is near a whopping 123, besting the mark of (approximately) 112 set by Young.
3. It is possible that Peyton and Marvin could tie or break the record number of touchdowns between a quarterback and receiver before the year is out. The current record is 85 by Andre Reed and Jim Kelly of the Bills. Peyton and Marvin have hooked up for 82 touchdowns at this point.
12-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Peyton and Marvin also broke the record for the most TD's between a QB and WR. It too was held by Kelly & Reed if I remember. sorry I don't remember the numbers.
12-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Peyton and Marvin also broke the record for the most TD's between a QB and WR. It too was held by Kelly & Reed if I remember. sorry I don't remember the numbers.You are right, but I think you meant to say completion record.
Peyt & Marv are still 3 off the TD completion record by 3 as obnoxiousmodesty stated above.
12-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Actually you are both half right. It's Young and Rice that have the TD tandem record. Kelly & Reed used to own the completion tandem record (broken by Peyt & Marv this season).
12-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Damn, I knew I'd gotten that one confused.
Well, add the receivers into the mix and the Colts set a record for having three receivers with 10+ touchdowns each in one season. Reggie, Marvin, and Brandon also became the fourth trio with 1000 yard seasons.
...I think Dominic Rhodes also set the record for return yards by a Colt in one game yesterday as well. Whew, that's a lot of changes in the books.
12-28-2004, 02:18 AM
Didn't Peyton set the record for most 3+ TD games in a row. I know this is getting nitpicky but they have a record for everything today so.......
12-28-2004, 04:16 PM
This is a cool way to remember History being made. (It's not my site.)
12-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Fed Ex play of the week. Right now Favre is running away with it!
(If this isn't the link, it's at the bottom of the page, www.nfl.com)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.