PDA

View Full Version : Will Bynum suspended 1 game for punching Tyler Hansborough

Basketball Fan
02-24-2013, 10:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bynum-suspended-1-game-striking-011128311--nba.html

Bynum suspended 1 game for striking Hansbrough

NEW YORK (AP) -- Detroit Pistons guard Will Bynum has been suspended one game without pay by the NBA for striking Indiana forward Tyler Hansbrough in the stomach during a game against the Pacers.
The suspension was announced in a release Sunday night by Stu Jackson, the league's executive vice president of basketball operations.
The incident occurred with 8:39 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Pistons' 90-72 loss to the Pacers on Saturday at the Palace of Auburn Hills Bynum will serve his suspension Monday when the Pistons host the Atlanta Hawks???

Mr_Smith
02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Well deserved......Bynum just proved why he's on the list of worthless players in the NBA.

cgg
02-24-2013, 10:21 PM
People on RealGM say Tyler had it coming.

joew8302
02-24-2013, 10:21 PM
That is a dirty play. Reminded me of Chris Paul in college (but not quite as brutal).

Mr_Smith
02-24-2013, 10:26 PM
People on RealGM say Tyler had it coming.

Yea tyler must have done something earlier because all he did there just set a damn screen.

cgg
02-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Yea tyler must have done something earlier because all he did there just set a damn screen.

Not because of this game. Because he is a thug that tries to injure people constantly.

Basketball Fan
02-24-2013, 10:30 PM
That is a dirty play. Reminded me of Chris Paul in college (but not quite as brutal).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM

BlueNGold
02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Does anyone have a clip where Tyler is intentionally trying to hurt another player? I guess I could see him retaliating but I think he takes his beatings without getting raw...unlike Bynum.

Mr_Smith
02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Not because of this game. Because he is a thug that tries to injure people constantly.

Are you talking about Bynum or Tyler?? I know Tyler is hated but i ain't never seen him try to injure a player

MillerTime
02-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Does anyone have a clip where Tyler is intentionally trying to hurt another player? I guess I could see him retaliating but I think he takes his beatings without getting raw...unlike Bynum.

Youtube"tyler hansbrough jonas raps".......I can bet something will come up

cgg
02-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Are you talking about Bynum or Tyler?? I know Tyler is hated but i ain't never seen him try to injure a player

I didn't say its true. I'm just saying what RealGM people say.

ejwallace
02-24-2013, 10:48 PM

And all Bulls fans claimed Foster was a bully and a dirty player too....

BlueNGold
02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Youtube"tyler hansbrough jonas raps".......I can bet something will come up

That was a throw down. Like a wrestling move. But I watched that game. Jonas was extremely aggressive as well. Still, Tyler has his own cheap shot there.

BlueNGold
02-24-2013, 11:05 PM
And all Bulls fans claimed Foster was a bully and a dirty player too....

Jeff wasn't dirty. He just played some good azz defense.

PR07
02-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Hansbrough plays like a linebacker out there. He's physical, maybe even sometimes overly, but I don't think that's dirty.

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2013, 11:10 PM
I love it so much how other teams fans hate Tyler.

CableKC
02-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Well deserved......Bynum just proved why he's on the list of worthless players in the NBA.
I think what he did was stupid and uncalled for....but Bynum has shown in that game and many before that he far from being a worthless NBA Player.

Kstat
02-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Oh for ****s sake...it was a clear punch. Its dirty, but it happens. Suspend him a game and get on with the season.

Kstat
02-25-2013, 01:05 AM

The raptors commentators seem to think so....they did everything but call for his arrest for something he allegedly did to valanciunas previously....

I believe the exact quote was, " Hansbrough commits cheap non-basketball fouls."

They also had some unkind words for the pacers style of play, but that's another story for another time.

Dr. Awesome
02-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Heat fans are claiming the entire Pacers team was dirty but could only find a clip of Hansbrough fouling Halsem while Pacer fans brought up like 5 clips of Heat players clearly trying to hurt Pacers....which then got the "they deserve it response."

Goyle
02-25-2013, 02:45 AM

I've been wondering this too. RealGM threads get out of hand with hate toward him. I get he's overly physical and that can be perceived as dirty, but people make it seem like he's legitimately out there trying to hurt people.

aamcguy
02-25-2013, 02:48 AM
The funny thing about the outrage of the Valanciunas foul is that he instigated the contact by sticking his elbows out and driving through Tyler. So it was really 2 fouls, and the only reason he got hurt is because he already had a fractured bone in his hand. In addition, he had been getting away with over the backs all night in going after rebounds. So while it was a tech or flagrant worthy foul for Tyler, it's not like it was unprovoked.

Heisenberg
02-25-2013, 02:59 AM
This isn't directed at anyone here or anything, it's just funny how Tyler gets labelled, I'm really no fan of his so it's nothing like that. You hear and read constant complaining about how the NBA's gotten soft and any contact is a foul now. Then a guy like Hansbrough who's entire game is predicated on being an extremely physical player comes along and he's hated because of it. Yet people pine for the days of Oakley and Mahorn .

PGisthefuture
02-25-2013, 03:08 AM
This isn't directed at anyone here or anything, it's just funny how Tyler gets labelled, I'm really no fan of his so it's nothing like that. You hear and read constant complaining about how the NBA's gotten soft and any contact is a foul now. Then a guy like Hansbrough who's entire game is predicated on being an extremely physical player comes along and he's hated because of it. Yet people pine for the days of Oakley and Mahorn .

Exactly. People can't make up their minds.

Also... I understand why people don't like the guy. The fact that some people have a burning hate for him, though, is what baffles me. He hasn't really done anything that out of line.

GeniusJMG
02-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Does anyone have a video of this?

McKeyFan
02-25-2013, 06:43 AM
If he can continue to improve his percentages, Tyler will be a strategically important irritant in the playoffs.

sportfireman
02-25-2013, 08:17 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uHrmJckVHSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GeniusJMG
02-25-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm glaqd he got tossed that was uncalled for.

Drewtone
02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
The raptors commentators seem to think so....they did everything but call for his arrest for something he allegedly did to valanciunas previously....

I believe the exact quote was, " Hansbrough commits cheap non-basketball fouls."

They also had some unkind words for the pacers style of play, but that's another story for another time.

Kstat, living up here, and I know you're just down the road from Toronto, my Gawd, I wouldn't attibute anything resembling credibility with anything that came out of the mouth of the Raptors' tv crew. Those guys make me long for getting the Boston feed.

That said, I did enjoy the Pistons' crew gettting their feed Friday night... non-biased and knowledgeable about both teams.

Lance George
02-25-2013, 10:29 AM

My love for Hansbrough is directly proportional to other teams' hatred for him. I was all for letting him go not too long ago, but after seeing his elite free-throw-drawing ability, and his elite defensive numbers, and his ability to get under other players' skin, I hope we re-sign him.

Lance George
02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Raptor fans (including their TV crew) aren't known for their calm, rational views on these sort of things. I still remember how they wanted Al Horford suspended for his brutal attack on T.J. Ford... a brutal attack that was clearly a freak accident to all of us with even an ounce of sanity.

The Hansbrough/Valanciunas incident looked like two guys battling for rebounding position to me. Hansbrough went to hook his arm/body to get leverage, and Valanciunas' own momentum, heightened by both men's loss of balance, sent them both tumbling to the ground.

Hansbrough wasn't given a foul, nor any type of post-game punishment, so it looks like the NBA and their referee's opinion on the incident is pretty close to my own.

ChicagoJ
02-25-2013, 11:03 AM

Perception is reality. Foster was viewed as a dirty player up here, which always made me laugh because ya'all know I thought Foster was a soft player.

Sandman21
02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
What makes it better is that it was apparently Will Bynum Poster Night in the Palace....

cinotimz
02-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Just another in the long line of dirty-playing punk thugs from Detroit and the Pistons. Its simply the culture in Detroit and has been for a long time, whether you talking about basketball or not. Its their way of being "hardcore". Its why the Pistons are so detestable and have been for a very long time to a great many. Puck the Fistons.

Nuntius
02-25-2013, 11:55 AM

To be honest, Jeff had that elbow on Deng's head so there is an argument to be made. He wasn't a dirty player but that particular play was dirty.

Tyler on the other hand? All they can cite is that Valanciunas throwdown (where Valanciunas himself said that it should be a no-call when he was asked about it immediatedly after the game) and the follow through "flagrant" on Wade in last year's playoffs.

Nuntius
02-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Oh for ****s sake...it was a clear punch. Its dirty, but it happens. Suspend him a game and get on with the season.

Agreed. It isn't anything that I'd fret about. He threw a punch, he got ejected and life goes on.

Tyler didn't even seem angry. He was way angrier when Henderson clotheslined Hill last year or when Thompson elbowed his brother earlier in the season.

Speed
02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Lance has it right, they are a physical agressive bunch that won't be bullied, nothing personal. :)

If anyone can find Lance's exact quote after JR Smith got ejected, I'd love to keep it as my signature.

Man, I love this team.

If they play NY in the playoffs, Carmello will get into a fight, I almost guarantee it.

Charlie Villaneuva was working on getting ejected too, but they took him out of the game. Lawrence Frank probably saved Charlie some money, emabarrasment, and bruises, not necessarily in that order.

Speed
02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
One other thought, how about changing the official colors to Gold, Black and Blue. Might as well embrace it.

Mr_Smith
02-25-2013, 05:23 PM

I know what you are talking about, just youtube the Bynum punch on tyler and there are so many hateful comments about tyler. Like this dude is a serial killer or something

Coopdog23
02-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Not like they need him for a playoff push

Kstat
02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Kstat, living up here, and I know you're just down the road from Toronto, my Gawd, I wouldn't attibute anything resembling credibility with anything that came out of the mouth of the Raptors' tv crew. Those guys make me long for getting the Boston feed.

That said, I did enjoy the Pistons' crew gettting their feed Friday night... non-biased and knowledgeable about both teams.

Oh, you'll get no argument from me that the raptors tv people are out of their minds to the point of hilarity...I was just answering a question. Most things are relative.

People just can't fathom that one team's good defense is another team's dirty play.

So many posters here would be calling the pacers dirty if they dressed in Atlanta hawks uniforms. Most are more informed than that, but we still have a fair chunk that only seem to understand that the pacers are winning games, so they must be playing basketball the right way, and every other team must be playing it the wrong way.

If their team is a finesse team, the average fan will ***** and moan that the nba allows too much physical play.

If the or team is a physical defensive team, those same fans will turn around and whine that the nba is too soft and fouls are called too easily.

The raptors tv crew are basically an extension of this. They compared Rudy gay to Julius freaking Erving the second he put on a raptors uniform. You think they did that in any of the last seven years he played in Memphis?

Likewise, they commented that the pacers "just want to knock people down every possession." You think they'd be saying that if it was their team playing the exact same way? He'll no.

Hell, I could go back to the first few posts of this thread. Is will Bynum a worthless nba player? Is he even considered dirty by anyone that didn't see the game Saturday night? I'm pretty sure the pacers would love to have him instead of Augustine.

It was a garden variety punch by a guy that really doesn't have a rep as a dirty player. Uncalled for, deserved the ejection/suspension. But we don't need to be piling on every single uncalled-for infraction not committed by a pacer as if it were the worst crime ever committed.

aamcguy
02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Hell, I could go back to the first few posts of this thread. Is will Bynum a worthless nba player? Is he even considered dirty by anyone that didn't see the game Saturday night? I'm pretty sure the pacers would love to have him instead of Augustine.

While this may have been true earlier in the season, since he was benched for a few games he has come back strong and been a very good player for us off the bench. I'm not saying there's anything against Bynum, but Augustin has been filling his role very well over the last half of the season.

hoopsforlife
02-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Bynum is lucky Tyler bent over. If he hadn't Bynum would have broken his elbow on Han's stomach.

(;)