PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is interested in free Sirius Radio (has all NBA games) Equipment Read On

BigMac
12-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Use the following link (don't know how long this promotion will last) and you get free sirius receiver with car kit and home kit. You have to sign up for a minimum of one year subscription but Sirius has NBA and NFL on it-all included in the subscription and for Howard Stern fans, he will be on there soon. The radio works on your car radio via an FM modulator. You get all NBA and NFL games on radio. My total including everything (tax, shipping, activation fee) was $172.19 and the breakdown was as follows:

$0.00 Sirius Satellite Receiver, Home Kit, and Car Kit (easy installation)
$142.45 1 year subscription
$9.99 Ground Shipping
$10.00 Activiation Fee
$9.75 Indiana State Sales Tax

https://home.sirius.com/webDUWI/HomePage.aspx

Use promo code 1034.

I spent $160 @ Circuit City for just the car kit and receiver and am taking that back as I would have had to have the subscription anyway. Since it gets all NBA games I thought that this post may be appropriate especially for those out of state fans wanting to listen to Pacers and other's games on radio. Hope this helps someone as it did myself.

So long and thanks for all the fish (I don't know why but I love that statement that Able has).

Unclebuck
12-21-2004, 11:16 AM
I have both XM and Sirius, and I really have enjoyed my sirius subscription
I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but which is better

Doug in CO
12-21-2004, 11:22 AM
And what would I get on Sirius - as an out-of-towner, would I get other town's stations?

ReGgieMiLLeR31
12-21-2004, 01:08 PM
I live in California.... how would I get Sirius installed on my car?

Manuel
12-21-2004, 01:11 PM
And what would I get on Sirius - as an out-of-towner, would I get other town's stations?
Sirius has its own stations.

able
12-21-2004, 01:42 PM
It seems to be working all over America, at least that is what they claim on their site.

GRRRR yes you can alos listen on the site, Jay got with his equipment a nice passwd for that, I on the other hand, live in Europe and uhhh nope, no go for that one :(

Website? perhaps, I will have to email them :)

Ragnar
12-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Are they both comercial free? If not which one is?

BigMac
12-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Are they both comercial free? If not which one is?

I know Sirius is commercial free and unedited (can have explicit words). XM I'm not sure of but is edited for ratings content. That is why Circuit City and Best Buy only are allowed to play XM because its content is rated and edited as Sirius is not. Which is why Stern is going to Sirius.

Doug in CO
12-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Mel Karmezan (sp?) just joined to run Sirius - expect them to be the heavy hitter in this space.

Ragnar
12-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Someone told me that one of them was going to have audio book channels, Is that true? I have been thinking about getting one but I just have not taken the time to figure out which one is better. Also which one sponsors an IRL car I wont buy that one.

MagicRat
12-21-2004, 05:13 PM
I think Santa is set to bring a Sirius Sportster to me on Christmas morning. I'll give a report after that......

BigMac
12-21-2004, 06:32 PM
I think Santa is set to bring a Sirius Sportster to me on Christmas morning. I'll give a report after that......

Make sure Santa gets free equipment with the above info or buys you equipment and then you take it back so He gets to wrap something for you under the tree :)

Slick Pinkham
12-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Maybe I shouldn't mention this,

but I've had a lot of success listening to Pacers games over the net using this web site:

http://www.thegamelive.com/

WIBC is always blacked out, but I'll go to the Bedford station, then the other stations, and finally the stations carrying the opponents' feeds, and about 95% of the time I'll finally find a station that is webcasting the game.

Don't tell anybody.

;)

Bball
12-22-2004, 12:49 AM
XM sponsored a car in the Andretti stable last season (Bryan Herta).

-Bball

Bball
12-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Sorry Ragnar but I had a feeling Sirius wouldn't be far behind:

Penske Signs Deal With SIRIUS Satellite Radio

By Arni Sribhen
indyracing.com

Friday Feb 06, 2004
Penske Corp. and SIRIUS Satellite Radio announced a sponsorship agreement on Feb. 6 for its Indy Racing League®IndyCar® Series and NASCAR teams.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio logos will appear on the Marlboro Team Penske entries of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves and two-time IRL IndyCar® Series champion Sam Hornish Jr.

"Racing is the common thread throughout our organization and a natural environment for us to highlight the SIRIUS brand to our fans in NASCAR and IndyCar,” said Roger Penske, Chairman of Penske Corp. “We are delighted that drivers Rusty Wallace, Helio Castroneves, Ryan Newman, Sam Hornish, Jr., and Brendan Gaughan will be competing under a SIRIUS Satellite Radio banner.”
----------

-Bball

Ragnar
12-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Man that sucks, Oh well :giveup:

JBones19
12-22-2004, 11:49 PM
One side note on Sirius, I have had it for about a month now and absolutely love it. But I do recall that not EVERY NBA game is on- I tried to listen to a Pacer game a few weeks ago when we played Seattle and they did not broadcast it, but every other one so far I have tried they have.

But it is awesome, especially for those road trips!

-J

MagicRat
12-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Well, Santa came through with the Sirius Sportster. It's a fun little gadget. I was able to listen to Mark and Slick's call in high quality sound throughout my travels yesterday. The NFL games today had both teams broadcasts available. The NBA games have only had one broadcast for each team, so I don't know if Mark and Slick will always be available.

The music selections seem pretty good, too. I actually heard "New York City Serenade" by Bruce Springsteen today. Can't say that I would ever hear that on good old FM.

There are a couple of comedy channels, too, and I heard a few good bits.

Surprisingly, I can get a satellite signal with the antenna sitting on my nightstand, so I haven't had to do anything special with the antenna.

The most odd thing I've heard is the pregame show for Manchester United vs. Bolton. They were reporting scores from other games and I could hear "Take Me Home, Country Roads" playing in the stadium behind them. I guess I didn't realize John Denver was that popular.....

Anyway, I've been really pleased with my first day and a half of ownership. Santa did well......:thumbsup:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/sportster.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/sportster2.jpg

DisplacedKnick
12-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Maybe I shouldn't mention this,

but I've had a lot of success listening to Pacers games over the net using this web site:

http://www.thegamelive.com/

WIBC is always blacked out, but I'll go to the Bedford station, then the other stations, and finally the stations carrying the opponents' feeds, and about 95% of the time I'll finally find a station that is webcasting the game.

Don't tell anybody.

;)

Dang Tom!

If this works you'll (sniff) be my hero (sniff). :)