PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Rogers video from NBATV (he's been paralyzed from neck down for years)

Hicks
02-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Hard not to feel emotional watching this:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/02/23/20130222-rodney-rogers-feat-2.nba

I forgot that he and Webber were on the same team in Philly at one time.

SMosley21
02-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Wow. I never heard about his accident. I still remember his 9 points in 9 seconds from when I was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCy8q2p5Jw

BlueNGold
02-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I've had some issues with half body (right side) numbness and paralysis. It is very scary stuff. What happened to him is really a nightmare and that young lady of his is an angel from heaven.

Dr. Awesome
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm glad he actually found the love of his life instead of some gold digger that would have left. She seems like a unbelievable woman, and he seems like a great guy. Wish them the best moving forward and I hope kids take time to hear his message.

TMJ31
02-23-2013, 04:01 PM
I saw this last night and was really touched by it.

I remember Rodney, but had no idea this had happened to him.

I am so glad that his wife is a rock for him, they seem so happy together despite the tragic event taking place.

Wishing him all the best in his prognosis and future.

Peck
02-23-2013, 04:07 PM
It's funny because when he was in the league I always thought Chris Weber was a punk. But his work on both TNT & NBAtv has turned me around on him.

Now seeing this....

I no longer am just turned around, I am a fan.

He is right though if Rodney could go out and speak to people he would be an inspiration.

On a side note Rodney Rodgers hit one of the best in game dunks I've ever seen.

Kid Minneapolis
02-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I remember this accident... was so sad to hear about. On a tangent... Does Chris Webber not come across more and more as a super awesome guy? I always had this Fab5 "punk" sorta image of him, but he genuinely seems like a really awesome dude now that we get to sort of see this non-court-related side of him all the time.

Dr. Awesome
02-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Apex is actually only about an hour or so from me. Good friend of mine is from there.