PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Al Harrington

Unclebuck
02-17-2004, 08:03 AM
24 years old today :dance: :dance: :pepper: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :pepper:

Ragnar
02-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Wow I cant believe he is 24 already.

Seems like yesterday he was a brash high school kid telling the reffs that he was just too strong and thats why the other guy fell down not because he had fouled him.

ROCislandWarrior
02-17-2004, 12:36 PM
telling the reffs that he was just too strong and thats why the other guy fell down not because he had fouled him

Speaking of guys falling down, has Al "pulled the chair" this year? I love that move, but I don't recall seeing it this season.

ChicagoJ
02-17-2004, 12:50 PM
telling the reffs that he was just too strong and thats why the other guy fell down not because he had fouled him

Speaking of guys falling down, has Al "pulled the chair" this year? I love that move, but I don't recall seeing it this season.

Yes, he's layed on the floor and watched opponents shoot layups a few times. Why would you love that flop? The officials only call the offensive foul a small percentage of the time (especially because Al is so bad at the flop that he falls down at the wrong time) and if they don't call it its an unguarded layup.

Whatever happened to position defense and good fundamentals, instead of playing tricks with the refs? :mad:

Ragnar
02-17-2004, 01:03 PM

Yes, he's layed on the floor and watched opponents shoot layups a few times. Why would you love that flop? The officials only call the offensive foul a small percentage of the time (especially because Al is so bad at the flop that he falls down at the wrong time) and if they don't call it its an unguarded layup.

Whatever happened to position defense and good fundamentals, instead of playing tricks with the refs? :mad:

Jay he is reffering to when Al steps back right as the defender is about to bump into him causing the other player to travel.

Yes he has done that but he sometimes pulls the other player to make sure they fall and he gets called for a foul a little to often to do that as much as he used to.

Unclebuck
02-17-2004, 01:33 PM

Jay, surprised to read your post on this issue. Seems like a good defensive move by Al. I don't consider it a flop at all.

ChicagoJ
02-17-2004, 02:54 PM
I guess we weren't talking about the same thing... I was referring to the move to draw the offensive foul, not the move to draw the travelling. Obviously, Al doesn't have to 'fall down' to get the traveling call.

My misunderstanding...

:buddies: