02-22-2013, 10:24 PM
:thisisfun::thisisfun::thisisfun:

ISN'T THIS FUN?????!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Shade
02-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Can we start the playoffs now?

rock747
02-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Knicks down 1... raptors shooting free throws. chandler just fouled out. 21 seconds to go.

Heisenberg
02-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Knicks down 1... raptors shooting free throws. chandler just fouled out. 21 seconds to go.

NBATV

rock747
02-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Raptors shooting free throws up 3! 7 seconds left... Pacers moving into 2nd?

Shade
02-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Knicks lose, Pacers are #2 in the East.

PGisthefuture
02-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Raptors win!!

rabid
02-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Knicks lose, Pacers are #2 in the East.

yessss watch out Miami, we're coming for you.

Trophy
02-22-2013, 10:31 PM
BREAKING NEWS: KNICKS LOST TO RAPTORS! PACERS ARE #2 IN THE EAST!

LET'S KEEP IT AND PUSH TO #1!

Heisenberg
02-22-2013, 10:32 PM
long as we have homecourt we're the favorites over anybody

gummy
02-22-2013, 10:38 PM
OK, now let's root for Houston!

presto123
02-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Great game and yes this is fun!! We seem to always play like crap in Detroit but I'm hoping for a repeat of tonight. Gerald Green is a black hole right now. I almost feel sorry for him. The guy can't hit anything. He is really forcing everything right now.

PaceBalls
02-22-2013, 10:40 PM
We are seeing this team at the peak of it's powers. At this point I don't want Danny Granger in the starting lineup. I want him back of course, but I think he needs to come off the bench. The chemistry and fit is just too good with Lance in the starting unit. I never ever thought I'd say that, but it is what it is.

Also, Croshere is a great dude and is a pretty good announcer compared to the rest of the league, but I find myself wishing it were Quinn on the mic instead. Quinn has so much more insight and content to add. Croshere must have said "I hate to sound like a broken record" at least 5 times tonight. Uhg..

God, I love this team.

Kstat
02-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Saw this beating coming. Glad my mother in law is staying with us for 2 weeks, so I was forced to miss most of this massacre save for the last 6 minutes.

gummy
02-22-2013, 10:42 PM
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: block; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; margin: 10px 0px; border-top-left-radius: 10px; border-top-right-radius: 10px; border-bottom-right-radius: 10px; border-bottom-left-radius: 10px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px;" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="185"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No idea if true, but thought folks would be interested.

Edit: grrr. not sure why the square is blank. Here we go:

Steve Mosley @SMosley21 (https://twitter.com/SMosley21)
<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1360972506.html#_=1361587664764&id=twitter-widget-1&lang=en&screen_name=SMosley21&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; border-width: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; top: 6px; right: 8px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); width: 59px; height: 20px;"></iframe>Granger will be back Tuesday. Just saw one of the web design girls making the banner for it.<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

gummy
02-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Annnnd the Nets have lost. Good night. Too bad Chicago won, a lose there would have made it a great night. :)

Nuntius
02-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Knicks and Nets lost.

We're now #2 in the East, half a game above Knicks, 1 1/2 game above Nets and 2 games above Chicago.

I'm so happy :D

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Annnnd the Nets have lost. Good night. Too bad Chicago won, a lose there would have made it a great night. :)

No, it was still great, just not perfect.

Hold on, Kate Upton's at my door in her pajamas... gotta run

graphic-er
02-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Great win, I hope we can follow it up tomorrow night. This Detroit team will be pissed and ready to come out punching.

Paul George - What the? I don't know if he was just being cute tonight, or just overly unselfish. But he was making terrible decisions, and his handle looked like it was the 1st week of the season. He save his overall game with strong D and the 3pters though. I've noticed they are running plays for him at the end of the half, and he usually screws it up once he puts in on the floor.

Better change it up to have him coming off a screen. They did that tonight but they set him on at the 3pt line. So instead of Iso at the top, it was iso from the 3pt line.

Nuntius
02-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Steve Mosley @SMosley21 (https://twitter.com/SMosley21)
<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1360972506.html#_=1361587664764&id=twitter-widget-1&lang=en&screen_name=SMosley21&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; border-width: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; top: 6px; right: 8px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); width: 59px; height: 20px;"></iframe>Granger will be back Tuesday. Just saw one of the web design girls making the banner for it.<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

I'm good with that :D

BillS
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Saw this beating coming. Glad my mother in law is staying with us for 2 weeks, so I was forced to miss most of this massacre save for the last 6 minutes.

You know the game was baf when you prefer the company of your mother-in-law... :buddies:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Kid Minneapolis
02-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Two straight dominations. I'm getting jiggy wit it.

shags
02-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Went to the game and had a blast, except for watching the game. The Pistons played one of their worst games of the season, but even if they played well, they wouldn't have won. This Pacer team is really good.

There was a really nice crowd tonight. I walked in Bankers Life about 20 minutes after 6 for both Piston games. For the first game, I got right in with about a 5 minute wait. Tonight, there were people almost to the door waiting to get wanded in. It looked like pretty close to a full house to me. Not quite, but close.

DrFife
02-22-2013, 11:55 PM
No, it was still great, just not perfect.

Hold on, Kate Upton's at my door in her pajamas... gotta run

What's that John Travolta line (after seeing Uma Thurman) in Pulp Fiction?

"So, you're gonna go out there, drink your drink, say 'Goodnight ...'" :D

Sandman21
02-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Went to the game and had a blast, except for watching the game. The Pistons played one of their worst games of the season, but even if they played well, they wouldn't have won. This Pacer team is really good.

There was a really nice crowd tonight. I walked in Bankers Life about 20 minutes after 6 for both Piston games. For the first game, I got right in with about a 5 minute wait. Tonight, there were people almost to the door waiting to get wanded in. It looked like pretty close to a full house to me. Not quite, but close.

So that was you wearing the paper bag over your head in the lower level? :D

MagicRat
02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/rollin.mp3

cinotimz
02-23-2013, 01:26 AM
There are just few things that feel better in sports than the Pacers beating the living shiot out of the Pistons.

Certainly sets up a bit of a letdown/trap game tomorrow. Kinda wish Danny was coming back tomorrow nite. Oh well. Lets hope the huge descrepancy in talent and quality of team again win out tomorrow. Puck the Fistons.

BornReady
02-23-2013, 01:52 AM
This is truly our year to make big things happen! I'm so glad to be along for the ride :)

BornReady
02-23-2013, 01:55 AM
By the way, THIS is the Orlando Johnson we were so intrigued with! Keep it up young man!

daschysta
02-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Best Records in the NBA (last 44 games) Post our 4-7 start

SAS 35-9
OKC 32-12
Miami 32-12
LAC 31-13
Indiana 30-14
DEN 29-15
MEM 27-17

NYK- 23-21

None of those other teams are getting a guy that's potentially as good as Granger back either :buddies:

CableKC
02-23-2013, 02:26 AM
I know that Lance has to get used to playing a bigger role.....but I still see some of the flashy moves that he does...sometimes it works out ( drive to the hoop, draws the defense and does a spin pass to an open West for a dunk ) ...other times...it doesn't ( that behind the no look back bounce pass at half-court that led to a turnover on a fast break ). Quinn ( or Denari ) mentioned that Vogel stopped him and talked to him about it....but I like the controlled Lance that doesn't show off and uses his skills to score or dish the ball.

I'm not trying to downplay Lance's play as of late....it's been great....I just think that there is still some maturity that he has to show before he can realize his true potential.

Cactus Jax
02-23-2013, 02:32 AM
I know that Lance has to get used to playing a bigger role.....but I still see some of the flashy moves that he does...sometimes it works out ( drive to the hoop, draws the defense and does a spin pass to an open West for a dunk ) ...other times...it doesn't ( that behind the no look back bounce pass at half-court that led to a turnover on a fast break ). Quinn ( or Denari ) mentioned that Vogel stopped him and talked to him about it....but I like the controlled Lance that doesn't show off and uses his skills to score or dish the ball.

I'm not trying to downplay Lance's play as of late....it's been great....I just think that there is still some maturity that he has to show before he can realize his true potential.

As long as Lance is controlled crazy I like him a lot. This team needs a little bit of crazy. I'll be concerned until he can do it come playoff time, but as of now I'm pretty happy.

CableKC
02-23-2013, 02:36 AM
As long as Lance is controlled crazy I like him a lot. This team needs a little bit of crazy. I'll be concerned until he can do it come playoff time, but as of now I'm pretty happy.
Overall, I am happy too....I ( and am pretty sure that Vogel as well ) just don't want it to get so flashy that mistakes can be made. In this case....the game was a huge blow out...so...little harm...no real foul....but that's what I want to see from him ( just like what I want to see from Hansbrough ), controlled chaos.

gummy
02-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Hearing Dan Burke answer a question from Brooke at halftime about the offense with "I wish you'd asked about the defense first," was funny. The rest of what he said was a nice balance of acknowledging a bunch of the positives while also pointing out a couple of areas where we are still trying to get better.

Good stuff.

gummy
02-23-2013, 03:28 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. But part of what's going on here is just the learning curve for Lance where he gets better at picking and choosing the right spots for the flashiness. Because he can make those kinds of spectacular plays that work out really well, but there is the temptation to try to do that too much. It's high risk, high reward and when it works everybody's fired up. So I don't want him to try and suppress the urge to utilize his talent, and show off a bit - I just want to see him channeling it a wee bit more (not too much - it's good that he has an edge). But I think he's learning that, and the team is learning how to manage it all too. We see that Vogel has given him more and more leash to work with - long gone are the days of Lance getting yanked for the first boneheaded mistake or flashy move gone awry. But he'll also pull him and talk to him about it if the mistakes start piling up.

We've got the BAMF and company out there talking to him on the floor when he needs to hear something. Really, the whole team from coaching staff to players seems pretty good at encouraging each other and holding each other accountable. I'm no longer worried about Lance - he's in a great environment to mature personally and professionally and it looks like he's taking advantage of those opportunities. He does still need to mature more to realize all his potential. How is exciting is it that it looks like that may actually happen? We've come a loooong way.

Foul on Smits
02-23-2013, 03:34 AM
Copy and pasting this .. no link, just a little blurb on espn pacers page

NBA - Pacers 3-game stretch
The Pacers have outscored their opponents by 90 points over their last three games. That is the largest points differential over any three game stretch by any team this season.

Cactus Jax
02-23-2013, 03:40 AM
I think that before Dhantay Jones was an overly negative force on Lance, so when he did play, any time he did something dumb, Jones and Frank would get mad and have him pulled. I think Dhantay may have been way more of a negative influence than we all thought and the reason why they did the Collison + DJ for Ian trade.

gummy
02-23-2013, 03:44 AM
Copy and pasting this .. no link, just a little blurb on espn pacers page

NBA - Pacers 3-game stretch
The Pacers have outscored their opponents by 90 points over their last three games. That is the largest points differential over any three game stretch by any team this season.

Awesome. And we're averaging 100+ points over our last 11 games. The best defensive team in the league is finally clicking on offense - in front of a good sized crowd at home! :buddies:

Heisenberg
02-23-2013, 03:48 AM
I think that before Dhantay Jones was an overly negative force on Lance, so when he did play, any time he did something dumb, Jones and Frank would get mad and have him pulled. I think Dhantay may have been way more of a negative influence than we all thought and the reason why they did the Collison + DJ for Ian trade.
I mean, it's possible I guess. But I think you're reaching.

gummy
02-23-2013, 04:56 AM
"You [know] with Indiana it's all about blitzkrieg. They blitzkrieged New York, they blitzkrieged us. There is no surprise about what they did. It's about what they put into the game, the purpose they played with, the effort, the physicality and the passion."
-- Detroit Coach Lawrence Frank

http://www.nba.com/games/20130222/DETIND/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200814]

cgg
02-23-2013, 06:14 AM
"Who the hell is Orlando Johnson?" -Other teams fans

cgg
02-23-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm concerned that we might not be able to bet the under anymore.

pacersgroningen
02-23-2013, 07:00 AM
I'm concerned that we might not be able to bet the under anymore.

Well rather that, than losing some games... it is going to be sweet if/when we win the division, before the season I put a lot on us and SA to win their respective divisions, great odds back then.. now they're only giving 1.80 for the Pacers winning the Central

McKeyFan
02-23-2013, 07:29 AM
But part of what's going on here is just the learning curve for Lance where he gets better at picking and choosing the right spots for the flashiness.
Exactly.

I'd say up 40 at home against Detroit is a pretty good time to try a flashy pass to fire up the fans.

Auggie
02-23-2013, 08:34 AM
missed the game, but was very happy to see our offense clicking. great game by OJ!

Foul on Smits
02-23-2013, 09:51 AM
"You [know] with Indiana it's all about blitzkrieg. They blitzkrieged New York, they blitzkrieged us. There is no surprise about what they did. It's about what they put into the game, the purpose they played with, the effort, the physicality and the passion."
-- Detroit Coach Lawrence Frank

http://www.nba.com/games/20130222/DETIND/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200814]

What a fantastic quote

Foul on Smits
02-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Two things

I think they're going to do it again tonight. Sorry Detroit

I think Indiana has a serious shot at a title this year.

colts19
02-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Thanks Larry Legend.

DGPR
02-23-2013, 10:19 AM
New York fans are crying about the team they begged to have while they are starting to putter out, and we are hitting a big stride while Granger sits in a suit. If we would have stayed focused down the stretch of the first half, we could have doubled up the Pistons before half-time and that would have been a true feat.

lolwuttermelons
02-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I've lurked this site for awhile, but tonight finally got me to join. I'm so proud of these guys for fighting to the #2 seed without Granger. Can't wait for Tuesday. Being a Pacers fan is starting to become fun again!

BornReady
02-23-2013, 01:17 PM
HAHA Vogel on OJ's play:

“He's blowing us all away,” Vogel said. “We're going to start sending all our guys to the D League to start the season.”