PDA

View Full Version : 20 Police Cars Awaken Metta

Midcoasted
02-22-2013, 01:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/metta-world-peace-awakened-20-police-cars-movie-191248894--nba.html

World Peace was awoken from slumber on Tuesday morning by police, authorities that had surrounded his Los Angeles home after receiving a tip about gunplay on World Peace’s property. The police, thinking that the guns were real and not yet aware that the players using the guns were actors shooting a “life on the streets”-styled movie, came out in full force.

Glad that Insider trade did not go through. ;) As harmless as it is, imagine if this happened in Indy?

Brad8888
02-22-2013, 04:49 AM
[QUOTE=Midcoasted;1592627Glad that Insider trade did not go through. ;) As harmless as it is, imagine if this happened in Indy?[/QUOTE]

No. I don't want to. You can't make me. Please, don't make me...auauauauaughghghghghghgh.

:(

Dr. Awesome
02-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the people in Indiana who stopped watched the Pacers after the brawl?

I don't want them back. I want real fans.

McKeyFan
02-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the people in Indiana who stopped watched the Pacers after the brawl?

This is like a repeating nightmare. I wake up to find the first two threads about Artest and Stephen Jackson.

Ragnar
02-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Most people stuck with the team after the brawl its not why they quit watching, that's the national media telling you lies.

Some stopped watching when we got Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy, some stopped when we Hired Jim Obrien and he was a disaster, some more stuck through that and stopped when they actually kept Jim Obrien and drafted Tyler over Darren Collison. I am sure there are some fans who quit watching over the stip club incidents as well. But I guarantee you murphy/obrien/tyler took a much bigger toll on the fan-base than the brawl.

I have been watching the pacers since 93 it took a lot to get me to stop watching but I decided that the Pacers would keep heading in the wrong direction if people kept watching so I stopped.

Oh and lets not forget that our most beloved player retired. That had to take a LOT of buts out of seats. Reggie Miller was the Pacers with him gone it still feels a little off to me.

owl
02-22-2013, 10:21 AM
But I guarantee you murphy/obrien/tyler took a much bigger toll on the fan-base than the brawl.

I am curious if others feel that the brawl was less of problem than Murphy,Obrien and Tyler?
Tyler? Really? If you had stopped at Murphy and Obrien and added Dunleavy maybe you had a point.
Tyler is at least like Foster in desire and attitude and that generally goes over well.

Mac_Daddy
02-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Most people stuck with the team after the brawl its not why they quit watching, that's the national media telling you lies.

Some stopped watching when we got Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy, some stopped when we Hired Jim Obrien and he was a disaster, some more stuck through that and stopped when they actually kept Jim Obrien and drafted Tyler over Darren Collison. I am sure there are some fans who quit watching over the stip club incidents as well. But I guarantee you murphy/obrien/tyler took a much bigger toll on the fan-base than the brawl.

I have been watching the pacers since 93 it took a lot to get me to stop watching but I decided that the Pacers would keep heading in the wrong direction if people kept watching so I stopped.

Oh and lets not forget that our most beloved player retired. That had to take a LOT of buts out of seats. Reggie Miller was the Pacers with him gone it still feels a little off to me.

I started seeing this girl last year that soured a bit on the Pacers, but likes the current team. We talked about the previous teams and I just got angry at how O'Brien coached and how he sat the young guys that should have been getting more minutes. Turns out she was friends with O'Brien's daughter and got mad at me when I said I was glad he was let go because he just wasn't right for the team.

She came around after a while, though. O'Brien still haunts me...

Dr. Awesome
02-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I am curious if others feel that the brawl was less of problem than Murphy,Obrien and Tyler?
Tyler? Really? If you had stopped at Murphy and Obrien and added Dunleavy maybe you had a point.
Tyler is at least like Foster in desire and attitude and that generally goes over well.

The Pacers are my #1 team, for any sport(San Fransisco 49ers are **** close), but the O'Brien/Dunleavy/Murphy years nearly killed me. 100000000x worse than the brawl or anything associated with Artest/Jackson/Tinsley.